IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is JR a dual US-Israeli citizen?

Is LS a dual US-Israeli citizen?

If JR is culpable for LS's death, and he moves to Israel, he could end up being prosecuted in two different countries, under two different standards of law.

That would be an interesting legal situation.

The only person who seems to have any roots in israel is HT, the only way I can tell that is by her name... It is very Israeli. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I truly believe that you need to focus your energy elsewhere, there is no evidence/reason to think that anyone is in Israel. JR probably went on birthright which is a ten day program for Jewish people ages 18-26, I'm ineligible since I went in high school but Birthright isn't going to make anybody move to Israel.

Why are you so insistent upon Israel as a location for these people??

The Lake Monroe scenario is possible, but it just seems unlikely to me. First of all, I doubt these college students had a boat to use. So they would have to have dropped the body into the water from a road-accessible spot. There are a few spots, but it would take a great degree of effort with little assurance that the body would actually be deep enough/well hidden. Plus, this is occurring around 5am, most likely. There could be fishermen out at that point etc. It seems like too much of a risk and too far of a drive to be worth it.

Lake Griffy seems much more believable to me. You'd still have issues of not having a boat etc, but it is much more convenient from the downtown area, there are several points of unofficial access, and no one really fishes on it/it would be unlikely that you'd see anyone out there that early.

Considering how well-to-do some of the POIs may be, it is not impossible that one might have a boat at Lake Monroe. Sunrise that day was 6:18, so there was not much time to do anything under the cover of darkness before dawn. What about the old water-filled quarries? Or the lake at Yellowwood? These locations are quite isolated and I rarely see anyone else when I visit Yellowwood.

Considering how well-to-do some of the POIs may be, it is not impossible that one might have a boat at Lake Monroe. Sunrise that day was 6:18, so there was not much time to do anything under the cover of darkness before dawn. What about the old water-filled quarries? Or the lake at Yellowwood? These locations are quite isolated and I rarely see anyone else when I visit Yellowwood.

Good points
I searched around the lake at Yellowwood twice. I'd like to find out if it was checked with dogs or sonar.

This is a June 9 article. Lt. Parker was leading the PCs.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/09/news.635642.sto

"Street cameras between the Smallwood and the apartments she visited at 11th and Morton streets did capture additional footage of the 20-year-old student. This footage is “basically just her presence” going through those camera fields,” Parker said. She is with someone else in this video “making their way” to the apartment, Parker said."

I was partly through with transcribing the press conference mentioned here when I got slammed with other things, but I do plan to finish it up and post it. It was an interesting moment when Parker said "they were making their way" -- that quote was in resposne to questions about whether he could comment on their demeanor, were they stumbling, etc. He said something like, "Let's just say they were making their way," which I took to mean that there was more than just purposeful walking and he didn't want to say exactly what (stumbling, falling, carrying, or something like that).

Meaning exactly what?

Meaning that I think we can discuss the case responsibly (with the help of the moderators) and maybe lend a hand to LE and the missing persons family.
I would hate to see this case be added to the long and growing list of unsolved missing person cases....there's just too many.

Meaning that I think we can discuss the case responsibly (with the help of the moderators) and maybe lend a hand to LE and the missing persons family.
I would hate to see this case be added to the long and growing list of unsolved missing person cases....there's just too many.

It will be added to that long list along with all the rest, because until something changes with the tactics of LE at the start of a case like this one, that is repeating itself over and over and over again daily, then things won't change anytime soon. I will just stop there, because I will rant.

It's possible they'd have a boat or access to a boat, sure. Obviously I'm in the dark about all of it.

I really think the quarries have potential, but I'm guessing that the police recognize that as well. I haven't really heard anything about quarry searches. Just Griffey and Monroe.

Tony, you've said that you do not believe AB or ZO was involved. Is this still the case? I am curious as to why you would post this video, then, unless you felt it was relevant.

Not passing any sort of judgment on you whatsoever, but I am curious about your opinion. Which I understand is a difficult thing to express being that you are a journalist rightfully protecting your journalistic integrity.

But this video is interesting. Here are some observations.

- The video opens with AB mouthing something. What is it? (0:01)

- He looks really spooked, disoriented, almost paranoid (0:02 - 0:06)

- Shortly thereafter, a woman tells him something in an aside and I think I can hear him say "they're documenting that this is gonna happen?!" ... I am sure that's not word for word so hopefully someone else can pitch in here.

- He boldly slams a black, circular object on the table. I cannot make out what it is but I am speculating that it has to do with drugs. It's either a container for drugs (cocaine/heroine?) or possibly a marijuana grinder. Please correct me if I am missing something obvious and innocent here (0:12).

- When the older woman comes up to him, it appears that she gives him something to sniff and then tops it off herself. He looks woozy and disoriented immediately after (1:05 - 1:15).

- Throughout the video he looks high. Not conventionally drunk, but high.

Now, all this is well and good but ... WHAT does this video tell us, if anything, that is pertinent to the case?

It looks pretty much to me that he's already tweekin. That isn't just intoxication. When someone is introverted, they normally come out personality wise when they get drunk, not get more introverted, and he is.

I am probably going to feel dumb after this question, but where is JR in that video? My video is skipping a little bit so I am guessing the part with him is just being skipped over?

Looks like a typical college student party except it seems sort of weird that some of the girls seem significantly older.

That is an interesting video of AB....i don't know what to think about it.....

I am probably going to feel dumb after this question, but where is JR in that video? My video is skipping a little bit so I am guessing the part with him is just being skipped over?

Looks like a typical college student party except it seems sort of weird that some of the girls seem significantly older.

I noticed that too. But I have never been very accurate in judging age...are they grad student age, maybe? Recent alumnae?

I noticed that too. But I have never been very accurate in judging age...are they grad student age, maybe? Recent alumnae?

They're juniors and seniors in college. LS just finished her sophomore year, I don't remember who else was in her class but her roommates.

The event involving Lauren; that being what started on camera around 3AM which LE has not released to the public and ultimately led to her being missing.

bbm...

Le did say that Lauren and another person was seen on video at 2:48 and again at 2:51 and there was activity.

Le did not say that something seen on either of those two videos ultimately led to Lauren being missing.

@ Walker and anyone else: I've been meaning to post about LS's academic coursework. Although there is a lack of consistency about specifics, it is unambiguous that LS was not in fact finished with her coursework.

She was either in her last two weeks of IU's first summer session or in the first two weeks of Ivy Tech's 1st summer session, or she hadn't started Ivy Tech's 2nd session.

Yes. Just found this media reference:

Link: http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...riends-school-reflect-missing-college-student

Spierer was just two weeks from finishing summer classes when she vanished, and was planning to return to Greenburgh this week for an internship at Anthropologie, a clothing store in The Westchester mall.

The Westchester mall is in White Plains NY, a suburban city near Greenburgh, where her parents live.

She had plans to do an internship with Anthropologie (an esteemed gig I'm sure). I've read two different locations, Manhattan and her hometown.

JMO: A person contemplating running away might wait until their courses are complete first; therefore, the fact that LS was mid-way through a program lessens the probabilty that she would run away.

OTOH: Were her attendance and performance in the course satisfactory? If she were not doing well, perhaps she was upset about something, and didn't care if she finished.

Anthropologie is retail chain. “Internship” can be code for working for free. If IU gives academic credit for “internships,” she may have been required to pay for the privilege of being allowed to do free work for the store.

JMO the internship in the local mall would not have been enough to dissuade her from running away.

With terrible rumors about the people in her social circle, whether true or false, LS may have been frightened enough to leave.

They're juniors and seniors in college. LS just finished her sophomore year, I don't remember who else was in her class but her roommates.

I think all of the POIs or people we know are connected are in that age range (19-22ish?) but some of the girls in the video look illegitimately 30+ or even 35+. I feel mean though because maybe it is just someone who looks older than they are or just a random older sister or grad student who stopped in for some fun ha ha.

Sorry if this posts twice in a row for me, but my cousin got an internship at Anthropologie that was definitely not just "free work" and she was over the moon about it. Anthropologie is a pretty trendy store tight now especially with the younger crowds and her internship entailed actually working in the offices with some of the fashion directors.

But, I guess there are internships that would just be a glorified cashier position for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73