Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call bs when I read that she just all of a sudden jumped into the car....as in they're just parked there and she opens the door and pops in? I guess it COULD happen but it sounds odd.

And this is probably silly thinking but I wonder if they meant they were going to Miami, FL or Miami, AZ.

What's with the height difference? Who has the misinformation? I would think that the medical examiner's office would have the correct height.

Okay, this is public record, so it should be okay to post, but I will be vague until I know for sure. I looked up Alonzo D Fernandez and it came back as an alias "Alonzo Decarlo Fernandez" for a man in Oregon who has 15 other alias names. Since I didn't enter the middle name I was pretty sure that this was a match. This guys wrap sheet is long. He has been in and out of prison for years but appears to have been out during the time frame that this Jane Doe was "found". His record includes robberies and controlled substances. There are a lot of codes that I don't understand but will research. One thing that was clear is that he is currently on parole with high supervision. Can I post his real name? It is public records. Moderator?

Thanks so much for the information!!! :blowkiss:

I sure hope she's identified soon!!! the poor thing! :(

I never thought about sending stuff like this to talk shows before, but I wondered if we got enough people to send stuff in on her and some other unidentified persons on a specific day, so they're bombarded with request for a show on them... maybe someone would find it in they're heart to help?

"Did they ever question the people who frequent the Ajax Mini-Mart? If she was a prostitute, someone there had to have known her."

..or the Sky Harbor Inn, the motel across the street...:waitasec:

The height difference bothers me too. Since she was just deceased, the ME didn't need to approximate her height - and 3 inches is significant. 5'7" is pretty tall and she just looks so small to me. Looking at all this new information, it sure seems like LE dropped the ball on this investigation. Because of that, we may never know how she died. But, there still must be someone looking for her - someone who knows who she is and where she belongs. Sounds like LE could easily drop in on Alonzo and ask him a few more questions - shouldn't be too hard to find!

I think maybe this girl got paranoid. Some marijuana can be pretty strong maybe she just thought... wait that's strong maybe they're drugging me and then are gonna kill me I better get off this car. You know many people see stuff in tv, people opening the door of a car and just rolling on the side of the road, standing up and running. Beside with marijuana, her mind might not have been clear. Some people have weird reactions, I once was in a taxi with a girl and it went in a parking lot and both of us were wondering if the guy was not gonna go rape us then but I ended by assuming it was just that a road went through it while she just opened the door while the taxi was driving and she might very well have killed herself if she fell.

It's true, we probably will never know exactly what happened in that car. Extremely doubtful LE could prove she was intentionally pushed or thrown out anyway. But that aside, she may have told them her name or where she was from or going. Something! Anything! It bothers me that in some reports it is stated that the car never stopped and the occupants never came forward. Now we know that they were questioned and LE even knew their names. I wonder if the police report has ever been reviewed since. It would be interesting to know what else might have transpired. Maybe there are more details that could help us figure out where she belongs.

Ok I just found this thread, I didn't know our girl had her own forum now. What'd I miss? She's been on my mind a lot lately.

Ok I just found this thread, I didn't know our girl had her own forum now. What'd I miss? She's been on my mind a lot lately.

You missed quite a bit Angie - look up-thread.:)

I was thinking - the ME report will show whatever drugs were in her system. We need to know.

Sorry if that wasn't clear. I was wondering why the report hasn't been made available.

Lol, sorry I like dumb jokes lol, just don't pay attention. Hmm I dk. Maybe someone could ask them. I think honestly this poor girl is not on big missing persons websites. I was wondering earlier since they didn't mention that ring maybe they know she had an accent and never mentionned it either. Is there someone with a contact for this girl that could ask? She was very pretty really. There must be someone looking for her. I don't say no one looks for ugly people lol but often people are not very good looking because they don't take care of themselves and this girl obviously did. If she was involved in prostitution that was probably recent. I guess she might be reported missing somewhere the prob with US is, people in the South don't seem to internet addicts. On my site's visitors map, TX is usually a big desert. That's weird. Do these people spend their days riding horses? lol.

I found 2 seperate newspaper articles from the Casa Grande Dispatch newspaper the first article dated jan 27 1999 the day after the accident.

these answer some questions we have had and they bring up others....

Here is a breakdown of the 2

first 1-27-1999

She was flown to Scottsdale Osborn Hospital with head and other injuries another passenger in the car 18 yr old Lindsey Dejong from Spokane Washington siad they did not know her name.

Next dated 1-28-1999

The 17 yr old girl who fell out of a moving vehicle on I-10 died from massive head trauma.

She fell at mile marker 173 on i-10

The driver Alonzo DeCarlo Fernandez age 26 and Lindsey Dejong 18 were Stopped at mile marker 199 He said she was hitchhiker when he and Dejong passed thru Phoenix he said she accidently fell. Initial reports suggested she was pushed. They did not give an explanation why they didnt stop after she fell. He was arrested for failure to render aid.

So I wonder how they KNew she was 17 but they didnt know her name. I think maybe the key is talking to Lindsey again maybe this has weighed on her and maybe she might talk now and maybe she was scared of this Man and just went along with him and his story....

The information I found about the other girl in the car being from Spokane Washington fits with what someone else found out about him being from Oregon, they are close....So maybe that is him and she would be 26 now so she might be married and have a different last name

I found 2 seperate newspaper articles from the Casa Grande Dispatch newspaper the first article dated jan 27 1999 the day after the accident.

these answer some questions we have had and they bring up others....

Here is a breakdown of the 2

first 1-27-1999

She was flown to Scottsdale Osborn Hospital with head and other injuries another passenger in the car 18 yr old Lindsey Dejong from Spokane Washington siad they did not know her name.

Next dated 1-28-1999

The 17 yr old girl who fell out of a moving vehicle on I-10 died from massive head trauma.

She fell at mile marker 173 on i-10

The driver Alonzo DeCarlo Fernandez age 26 and Lindsey Dejong 18 were Stopped at mile marker 199 He said she was hitchhiker when he and Dejong passed thru Phoenix he said she accidently fell. Initial reports suggested she was pushed. They did not give an explanation why they didnt stop after she fell. He was arrested for failure to render aid.

So I wonder how they KNew she was 17 but they didnt know her name. I think maybe the key is talking to Lindsey again maybe this has weighed on her and maybe she might talk now and maybe she was scared of this Man and just went along with him and his story....

How come her age is not listed on Doe Network?

How come her age is not listed on Doe Network?

I dont know All I know is that this was listed as the Headline of one of the articles

"17 Year OLD"

These were in the paper 1 and 2 days After the accident. So I dont understand at that time how they KNEW she was 17. Unless the people in the car told them. So that just does not jive with me that a hitchhiker would hitch a ride get in and say hello Im 17 could I get a lift. Instead of getting in and saying Hi my name is so and so.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks