UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting this. The thank you button was not enough.I feel the same way. I find myself wanting to hug and kiss my little guy so much more. I am even finding myself putting things off just so I can spend that extra time with my son. Friday the two of us actually played in a mud puddle. ( he has a little mud hole he dug out in the yard and plays in it. ) Then tonight we stayed up a little later than usual and had a bon fire which is longer than our usual.

Ethans case has changed me. I will spend more time, be more patient, and I will be more observant than I have been when I think a child is being abused or in need.

I know tens of thousands wish they were there to save little Ethan. Since we couldn't we need to focus that energy and be more observant so no other child has to endure what Ethan did.

My heart aches due to this case, and I think it will for some time. At the min when we see justice is done and the trial for these two 's is over...

I think Ethan has changed a lot of people. I piled all 3 kids in bed with me last night and wrapped my arms around them as tight as I could. I can only hope that this tragedy will spur some court reform. The bureaucracy needs to stop and the courts need to look at the needs of each child and not force visitation. Also, they need to realize that although many times it is the father who disregards his obligations, this does not mean that the mother is always the best choice to raise a child. If there is any doubt in the court's mind that the sperm or egg donor is not fit, at least impose a supervised visitation in the child's HOME state. Do not subject that child to be sent across the US to a monster's home. I hope everyone hugs their children tighter and looks for opportunities to help children in need. I know I will.

All moo, of course.

Oh yeah, the crying is strictly for himself. But it's amusing because he's supposed to be a big bad butt. I wish someone would have whacked him up the side of the head and told him to shut up the heck up during his breakdown. He's not going to do too well in prison. :dance:

Exactly! He'll be sobbing a lot harder in prison when Bubba makes him his 'wife' and sobbing just as hard when Bubba-ette makes SS her wife.

NS and SS behind bars would make for one heck of a reality show wouldn't it?

Sorry - couldn't help myself.

The point is PST says she saw Ethan on Wednesday, the same day as the bruise pic. Those inuries happened days before and what we see in that pic is what PST saw. Bottom line. How could she look at that and and say everything was fine? So I'm not sure where there is any confusion left.

IMO, that's a valid question and not vilification.

I've been a mom for several decades now. My kids have had all kinds of allergies and accidents. My son had two concussions before the age of 12. And yet my kids never looked like that. I've never seen anyone else's kid look like that either.

I agree. As long as the topic about PS remains focused around the facts.

On another note, the only time I have ever seen anyone with a jaw that looks like that is after a boxing match. And professional boxers use some protection for their teeth.

JMO

QUOTE=Cubby;5191587]Exactly! He'll be sobbing a lot harder in prison when Bubba makes him his 'wife' and sobbing just as hard when Bubba-ette makes SS her wife.

NS and SS behind bars would make for one heck of a reality show wouldn't it?

Sorry - couldn't help myself.
[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause::applause:

I hear the BIG BOYS like the genuine normal guys! guess he should have given up the "dating game" like he had planned originally. he won't be anyone's wife.. in GP they will prob take his life...

In the interview by PS, does anyone else think that PS does not believe a word that she is saying? There is one part where she says she anticipated good things, but she is shaking her head no. ?????

The date stamped on the picture is May 5.

Per the probable cause statement, May 5 is the day the first beating occurred.

May 5 is the day Nathan's mother saw Ethan. We don't know what time Nathan's mother saw Ethan - before the beating or after the beating.

If you have something that refutes the probable cause statement's date of the first beating, please provide a link.

BeanE,

IIRC, LE or the SA stated the pcs isn't fully accurate. Those are based on SS's time given to LE, not on facts verified by LE. IMO, the commentary along with medical links on bruising which have been posted are ok, as they are discussion in response to SS's facts given to LE.

At least that is how I am seeing the discussion.

JMVHO

i am new to this case, but please tell me both of these freaks are dp eligible? omg this is horrific.......and was dad forced to send him to visit?

Kbl8201 - Hi, would you mind deleting the time-line you brought from page 1 and bring the updated one from top of page 14? I'm going to delete that one on page 1 Thanks so much
Eyes

NURSE WILL HAVE TO DELETE THE TIME-LINE ON PAGE 1 - SHE BROUGHT IT OVER AND I CAN'T EDIT. PLEASE BRING OVER TL FROM PAGE 14 THANKS

i am new to this case, but please tell me both of these freaks are dp eligible? omg this is horrific.......and was dad forced to send him to visit?

Yep. 'Mom' abandoned him, showed up for the divorce hearing and was granted visitation for the summer, she took him on April 30th (I think) and he was dead 10 days later. IMO, there really wasn't much presented in court that would have prevented visitation. He claimed she was unstable and he was afraid she would take Ethan and he'd never see him again. While this turned out to be the case, I didn't see anything to back up that claim and they ultimately agreed to the custody arrangement.

That said, I think the judge should have limited the visitation since he was only 4 and hadn't seen his mom in months. I'd think they'd need time to get re-acquainted.

The date stamped on the picture is May 5.

Per the probable cause statement, May 5 is the day the first beating occurred.

May 5 is the day Nathan's mother saw Ethan. We don't know what time Nathan's mother saw Ethan - before the beating or after the beating.

If you have something that refutes the probable cause statement's date of the first beating, please provide a link.

on NS probable cause affidavit in paragraph 4 on pg 3 it states... "In a photo with a time date stamp of May 4, 2010, Ethan has a large, and very noticiable area of swelling to the jaw and face."

Yep. 'Mom' abandoned him, showed up for the divorce hearing and was granted visitation for the summer, she took him on April 30th (I think) and he was dead 10 days later. IMO, there really wasn't much presented in court that would have prevented visitation. He claimed she was unstable and he was afraid she would take Ethan and he'd never see him again. While this turned out to be the case, I didn't see anything to back up that claim and they ultimately agreed to the custody arrangement.

That said, I think the judge should have limited the visitation since he was only 4 and hadn't seen his mom in months. I'd think they'd need time to get re-acquainted.

I could not agree with you more...when a parent abandons their child for 8 months and carries on life as if it is about them only, it is a judges responsibility to be leary of that parents responsibilities and attentivness to the child. I do not think the judge should have let her take off with him out of state, supervised visits until she could prove she was more concerned for her child then herself is what she should have been handed. Our judicial system fails children way to often because they think someone being the sperm or egg donor has all the rights in the world to a child. Give me a break, I was adopted and I don't think my bio mom has any rights to me just because she gave birth to me and we share the same dna. Where was Ethans mom when he needed her? Taking care of her own selfish needs not her sons, that is for sure. She should have left him with his father who was taking care of him, I don't even get why she brought him to Utah, it is obvious they were abusing him from the start and enjoying and documenting it with photos, SICK mo fos. This kind of crap needs to stop and our legal system needs to start making some serious examples of people that do this instead of housing them in jail with free food and roofs over their heads. This case makes me sicker than Caylee's and Haleigh's and we all know what kind of side show freaks we are dealing with in each of those situations. This messed up situation has prompted me to start posting on websleuths after lurking on the threads for a while because my heart literally breaks for Ethan and his father and family and I want to see justice done. I just cannot fathom this, a mother doing this and allowing it to happen to her own child...this brings out some serious anger in me. God bless Ethan and his father and judges I hope you are taking note of this case so other children don't have to endure this sort of evil.

I could not agree with you more...when a parent abandons their child for 8 months and carries on life as if it is about them only, it is a judges responsibility to be leary of that parents responsibilities and attentivness to the child. I do not think the judge should have let her take off with him out of state, supervised visits until she could prove she was more concerned for her child then herself is what she should have been handed. Our judicial system fails children way to often because they think someone being the sperm or egg donor has all the rights in the world to a child. Give me a break, I was adopted and I don't think my bio mom has any rights to me just because she gave birth to me and we share the same dna. Where was Ethans mom when he needed her? Taking care of her own selfish needs not her sons, that is for sure. She should have left him with his father who was taking care of him, I don't even get why she brought him to Utah, it is obvious they were abusing him from the start and enjoying and documenting it with photos, SICK mo fos. This kind of crap needs to stop and our legal system needs to start making some serious examples of people that do this instead of housing them in jail with free food and roofs over their heads. This case makes me sicker than Caylee's and Haleigh's and we all know what kind of side show freaks we are dealing with in each of those situations. This messed up situation has prompted me to start posting on websleuths after lurking on the threads for a while because my heart literally breaks for Ethan and his father and family and I want to see justice done. I just cannot fathom this, a mother doing this and allowing it to happen to her own child...this brings out some serious anger in me. God bless Ethan and his father and judges I hope you are taking note of this case so other children don't have to endure this sort of evil.

Custody cases can get so ugly. I believe it's usually best for the child to be raised by both parents, but she had chosen to be away from her child for a very long time. That had to be soo confusing for him.

Ethan Stacey ... what a sweetie. God bless you, little one.

ethan8.jpg

and i dont care if she was abused battered women kill there husbands/boyfriends to protect there kids if they wont protect themselves.

she is just as bad as he is

And some of those women spend VERY little time behind bars! Who was that woman Mary Jane Litterno? I know I spelled it wrong but she was out in 18 mos!

WARNING: GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING.
Thought I would bring the time line forward for the members and guests.
Ethan's slow deterioration time-line of hell! 101st revision (05/15/10 - eyes4crime & wonderful fellow sleuthers).

April 28th - Wednesday

Divorce papers finalized in Florida, Ethan and mom Stephanie fly to Utah

May 4th - Tuesday
..Last time Ethan talks with dad Joe
..First of many cell phone pictures & videos mom takes of abuse over the days.
..Picture time-stamped May 4th of Ethan with large, notable, area of swelling to jaw and face.

May5th - Wednesday
..Nate's mom sees son Nate, Ethan, and Stephanie - says all is fine (specific place wasn't mentioned)
..Stephanie visits Nate's mom
..Nate takes Ethan in bedroom to punish and beats child around head area; face begins to swell.
..Stephanie continues to complain about Ethan's behavior. Ethan's father, Joe Stacey, was told his son wasn't available to talk with, a trend that continues through Ethan's limited stay.

Between May 5 and May 8
Ethan "exhibits signs and symptoms of a possible head injury or brain swelling due to a head injury,"

Stephanie Sloop told police Tuesday while being interviewed about her son's death: Ethan did not eat well, was vomiting, lethargic and exhibited non-responsive behavior, according to the reports.

May 6th - Thursday (wedding day)
Ethan locked in bedroom while Stephanie and Nate marry; door knob taken off. Nate and Stephanie leave child in bedroom due to swelling and bruises.

Over the next several days, Ethan got progressively ill, police said Stephanie Sloop told detectives. He was vomiting, running a fever and would not eat. The couple forced the boy to drink two 16 oz. bottles of water, a bottle of KoolAid and orange juice in a two-hour period, police wrote in the jail statement. (from warrant of probable cause). Motrin and Benadryl were given for the swelling and Nate gave Benadryl so Ethan would stay quiet.

Thurs May 6 or Fri May 7:
Neighbor recalls seeing Stephanie walking away from the apartment seemingly agitated and stopping to look back at the apartment several times. A short time later Nathan followed her, put his hands on her face in a manner leading the neighbor to believe he was asking she please listen to him.

May 7th - Friday
..Nate calls Stephanie to inform her Ethan is badly burned on hands, feet, and legs up to buttox area from running water in bath (claims Ethan turned on hot water).
..Stephanie finds human feces in child's mouth.
..Stephanie brushes Ethan's teeth until his gums bleed.

May 8th - Saturday
..Found smeared feces on bathroom wall and on Nate.
..Found smeared feces in mouth and again brushed teeth.
..Notices Ethan's lips are bleeding
.. Blood and vomit found in child's bed.
..Stephanie needs to wash bed sheets due to blood and vomit from Ethan's mouth.

May 9th - Sunday (Mother's Day)
..Stephanie makes trip to pharmacy to pick up RX at 5:00am
..Ethan is found dead in bed - Stephanie reports Ethan feels cold and stiff

Ethan wrapped in garbage bags with tape, brought to Powder Mountain area for burial. Hammer used to disfigure facial features and teeth of Ethan. Stephanie buys 2 slushies and 2 cans lighter fluid to destroy evidence.

May 10th (Monday)
..Reported that Nate and Stephanie were shopping at Best Buy for video games and to fix Play Station 3
..Nate talks with Joe rather than Stephanie
..Late in day Stephanie reports child missing
...Tells police a made up story about Ethan leaving the apt. 5x in in last 10 days in middle of night.

May 11th (Tuesday)
LE finds child buried - teeth and face smashed in with hammer, lighter fluid used to destroy evidence.

Please let me know of any additions or deletions. TIA
Thanks to all of you with suggestions for additions/corrections - used every one of them.

Warrant of Probable Cause: Most of the time-line comes from this document. Quotes, and LE media leases.
(Nathan Probable Cause)
http://www.abc4.com/media/lib/5/0/3...-e3a995c798a8/Probable_Cause_Nathan_Sloop.pdf

(Stephanie Probable Cause)
http://www.abc4.com/media/lib/5/c/6...7e69229a/Probable_Cause_Stephanie_C_Sloop.pdf

Fellow sleuthers - please continue to let me know of updates, new information, corrections. Thanks for all your help!

here is the page 14 timeline

still pretty much the same horrible things anyways :(

the judge should have done a thorough check before he gave her visitation imo......how is that this was this badly missed? this is insane :(

I've removed some posts, several in fact (no more than 10 or so) which were in response to or a quote of a deleted post.

Just to let everyone know......

thanks!

And some of those women spend VERY little time behind bars! Who was that woman Mary Jane Litterno? I know I spelled it wrong but she was out in 18 mos!

better to kill him then to leave and have him murder them down the line (oj simpson for example) or stalk them and have the police do nothing until he kills her and if its to protect there children (the woman who blew her husbands head off after he found video of him raping her daughter) then it shouldnt even be a question of going to jail

better to kill him then to leave and have him murder them down the line (oj simpson for example) or stalk them and have the police do nothing until he kills her and if its to protect there children (the woman who blew her husbands head off after he found video of him raping her daughter) then it shouldnt even be a question of going to jail

It was Mary Winkler.. dunno what I was thinkin!

i think mary litturno was the teacher that married her 13 year old student after she got out of prison for raping him

what a sicko

i think mary litturno was the teacher that married her 13 year old student after she got out of prison for raping him

what a sicko

yup! I got my hail mary's all outta the duck row!

here is the page 14 timeline

still pretty much the same horrible things anyways :(

the judge should have done a thorough check before he gave her visitation imo......how is that this was this badly missed? this is insane :(

You know how I feel about the system, but as far as I know she didn't have a criminal record and there were no allegations of violence or abuse against her.
There needs to be evidence presented in order for a judge to order a thorough check in a custody case.
My understanding is that Dad didn't contest the visitation on the most recent filing.
As far as I know, this isn't a case where there were allegations of abuse. Maybe dad didn't have a lawyer ? Honestly, I don't think the case was presented well in court and a judge rules on the evidence he/she has.
I'm not trying to place blame on anyone, family court attorneys are very expensive and many parents don't know what they're getting into. You have to file the right motions/ petitions and ask for what you want along with evidence/documentation as to why and on what legal basis you should get it.
While she might have been a crappy parent, I don't think anybody saw this coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member