State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the prosecution has the burden of proof, they have two opportunities to make their closing statement. It usually works as such, the state makes it's closing, then the defense goes, then the state has the final say. That is the way it works in criminal trials where both sides have presented a case in chief. If the defense doesn't put on any evidence, then they have the last word. In this instance, this cooper case, the prosecution is waiving it's opportunity to speak first, their first closing attempt, and only speaking to the jury ONE time, AFTER the defense's closing. *Probably* because the jury has been expressing their displeasure at the time it's taking. Although, the closings themselves, are allowed the same time limits. 2 hours, each side. Were the prosecution to use their time in two frames, first and last, they still would only have 2 total hours, just as the defense has 2 hours.

IMO Brad should have hired a better defense team, this team does not see strong and confident

omg that defense team member seems like she is making out with the guy behind her

Good morning all! I can see the feed but no sound. I can't wait for this to be over! :)

It looks like Brad is reading through the closing arguments.

omg that defense team member seems like she is making out with the guy behind her

I haven't seen that gentleman before. Does anyone else that has been in court know who that was?

ETA: Is he affiliated of the Innocence Project?

Bradley is sure smiling a lot this morning.

Well, since he's smarter than everyone else, especially in his own mind, he probably thinks 'it's almost over and I'm outta' here.' MOO

IMO Brad should have hired a better defense team, this team does not see strong and confident

I think K&T did a great job. In any case, he doesn't need a $2K/hr legal team to beat Cummings & BZ - a paralegal could have done that.

I think K&T did a great job. In any case, he doesn't need a $2K/hr legal team to beat Cummings & BZ - a paralegal could have done that.
I have to agree with you on this. Maybe the next news headline is, "Cummings retires."

anyone know what this delay is about? Is the jury there?

I haven't seen that gentleman before. Does anyone else that has been in court know who that was?

ETA: Is he affiliated of the Innocence Project?

they aren't from the innocence project ..the day the trial was to begin defense had another motion to delay and showed up with these new additions
the Judge was shocked and Kurtz said they were part of the team...Judge said they could stay but had to sit in the back not up front

Bonjour everyone,

Did anyone hear what the Juror's note was about yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member