LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about Mickey, the more I realize how LITTLE info we have. Not even a definite place where she last was. I refuse to believe something happened right in front of Circle K and no one noticed. For those who have more experience in regards to TES, do they almost always find who they are looking for? The fact that they haven't found her gives me hope that perhaps she's being held somewhere and still alive. Which also means it's even harder to find her.

You'd be surprised what people don't notice.I was abducted near a mall on a busy road in broad daylight!

kgeaux and her entire family have been battling a nasty tummy virus, so I'm faced with going back and reading two entire locked threads to get back up to speed.

HouDat, You are So FUNNY!

Stomach viruses are terrible, kgeaux. Hope you and yours are on the mend today.

You'd be surprised what people don't notice.I was abducted near a mall on a busy road in broad daylight!

People are busy going about their every day lives and don't notice the details around them. Others don't want to get involved as they think it may be a spouse quarrel or other reasons. Some don't realize what they have witnessed until they've processed it in their heads hours later.

So sorry for what you had to go through but so glad that you are here with us!!

Because often, they are the guilty ones. My opinion, but the ones I've followed where the parents have not asked for assistance, I've suspected one of the parents. TES will go out only if the parents ask for assistance, so I have heard many times. It's not to say TES will come and help as there are so many missing cases out there, but TES has been quoted in some of them that they are ready if needed.

curiousc, yes often that may be the case but many times the families are advised not to seek outside help until it is too late and the case grows cold. Remember reputable SARs can be requested by LE or the family..

Off to work I go but my thoughts are with TES and LE and that answers will be found today!

Prayers for Mickey and her family!

I don't think enough can be said about Tim Miller and TES. I have followed them for a long time, and I tear up nearly every time I hear him speak. I know that most "activist" are motivated by personal experience - but the way this man works so tirelessly, around the clock, all in an attempt to prevent other families from enduring the same wait for answers and closure that he went through with his own daughter. This man has to see his daughter in EVERY missing person - and I have no doubt that he experiences every emotion these families go through right along with them - enduring his own loss over and over all for the greater good. He (and everyone involved w/ TES) is a saint in my book. As for their involvement in cases - I can tell you that they will not take on any case without the consent/approval of the law enforcement agency handling the case, and that their involvement can only be requested by LE or an immediate family member. We looked into this when a local teacher disappeared last July - as she had no family living in the U.S. and LE appeared to take little action. JMO.

:what: OMGoodness!!!!!!
Did they catch the person responsible?

I'll never know cause I never reported it.I was 17 and didn't want my parents to know and was too afraid for fear of them finding out who I was and later and killing me.

Don' know about yall but this is so encouraging to me that TES is returning to assist in the search after only 4 days from making the following statement -

The Status of the Search
06/02/2012 11:42 PM by Alex Labat

Equusearch, the Texas based company, which has been helping out--is no longer directly involved.
The group moving on to help in the search for another missing person over in Mississippi.
Founder and director of EquuSearch Tim Miller told us that his team only operates in an area as long as there are viable clues and leads coming in.
Since there have been no big breaks since last weekend---when Mickey's bicycle was found--Miller and his team felt that their presence was no longer needed.

'But, if there are any new clues as to the whereabouts of Mickey Shunick, they'll be back in Lafayette'..
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#!prettyPhoto/0/

I'll never know cause I never reported it.I was 17 and didn't want my parents to know and was too afraid for fear of them finding out who I was and later and killing me.

OMG !
Im glad you here to talk about it tho!
How frightening!

You should have told!

My thoughts and prayers today are with the searchers and family. May Mickey finally be found! And, let's hope the PI was right when he said he believed she is still alive. The odds are against it, but we can always hope until proven otherwise!

For those wondering about being able to get to FB messages, emails and/or texts, the answer is yes, with a warrant or subpoena, those are obtainable. Not just what is currently on your computer, FB or phone, but in most instances deleted messages and texts too.

Putting these maps and pictures like I did yesterday on alternate route for Mickey to have traveled to not be caught on the camera at 216 Landry. If someone had been following her in a vehicle, he would have had to circle around, and head to University Ave. Also, per ACI, she was not caught on any camera further down Brashear.

Attachments

• alternativeroutecherry.jpg
    alternativeroutecherry.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 47
  • cherrybrashear.jpg
    cherrybrashear.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 51
I don't think enough can be said about Tim Miller and TES. I have followed them for a long time, and I tear up nearly every time I hear him speak. I know that most "activist" are motivated by personal experience - but the way this man works so tirelessly, around the clock, all in an attempt to prevent other families from enduring the same wait for answers and closure that he went through with his own daughter. This man has to see his daughter in EVERY missing person - and I have no doubt that he experiences every emotion these families go through right along with them - enduring his own loss over and over all for the greater good. He (and everyone involved w/ TES) is a saint in my book. As for their involvement in cases - I can tell you that they will not take on any case without the consent/approval of the law enforcement agency handling the case, and that their involvement can only be requested by LE or an immediate family member. We looked into this when a local teacher disappeared last July - as she had no family living in the U.S. and LE appeared to take little action. JMO.

Yes Saralsim, Tim Miller and TES are warriors in the Silent Epidemic, as are John Walsh, Marc Klaas, and many others that have been iniated in the involuntary fraternity.

Been reading a book; 'You Believers' by Jane Bradley, which is about another warrior for the missing/murdered(Monica Caison/CUE). It takes you into their lives, and portrays their continuous battle of good over evil.

'Guess, to perservere and extinguish the flames of evil, you must first enter the fire, and then there is a rekindle somewhere in the distance'..

For those wondering about being able to get to FB messages, emails and/or texts, the answer is yes, with a warrant or subpoena, those are obtainable. Not just what is currently on your computer, FB or phone, but in most instances deleted messages and texts too.

Recent Florida murderers texts on facebook-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...-suspects-texts-google-florida_n_1568213.html

The New Times has obtained Google searches, Facebook posts and text messages that, cops say, show Mensch's friends James Ayers and Nicole Okrzesik plotting ways to kill the Broward County, Fla. teen and then discussing what to do with the body

Oh also, for those who weren't here last night, ACI went to the front of LCG City Hall building and sprayed luminol on the pavement where it looked like Mickey could have been hit and drug under the truck, and he said that there was nothing showing there, so that picture of her being hit there, that we had been talking about is now a dead issue.

I've seen some posts since the beginning about how nothing could have happened in front of Circle K without someone seeing, so I wanted to post something that happened last night...

My boyfriend and I were at the gas station and it was really late, around midnight. He went inside and I was waiting in our truck, music up, playing Draw Something on my phone. After a few minutes I noticed a lot of flashing lights and looked up and around to see a commotion at the intersection. Turned out, a person was hit (luckily they were alright, and it wasn't a hit and run). But I did not notice ANYTHING until the very intrusive flashing lights showed up - probably minutes later. My boyfriend didn't notice anything while inside either, and there was no one at the station that seemed to take any notice until the cops showed up either.

With music, and all the apps on our phones these days, I think people, probably especially younger people, are just so distracted it is completely possible to miss something so obvious going on near by. I felt so guilty for not seeing what happened, and I immediately thought of Mickey.

I apologize if this has been put to bed but as hard as I try to read every post my toddler keeps taking my phone and saying "no phone mommy, come play!" So I have missed some.

I do not believe that LE would release a photo showing an accident as has been pondered over. This leaves me with so much curiously over what is in the photo of Mickey that LE apparently has blurred out (sorry no link its the one with the speed limit sign). What are everyones thoughts? My guess would be figures but it seems such an odd blob.. Please let me know if I'm behind the curve and its been explained.

As always thank you for your tireless thought and dedication to our home town girl Mickey. Please let this be the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes