LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you hail a cab in new orleans or do you have to call a cab stand for them to send one to your location?

can you hail a cab in new orleans or do you have to call a cab stand for them to send one to your location?

You can hail but the driver is supposed to call it in when you get in

"We don't believe she has been out here long," Grannan said.

The young woman was white and possibly between 15 and 22 years old, he said.
Anyone missing a girl or young adult or who has information that can help is asked to call the sheriff's office at 255-9191.

Grannan said she had three piercings for jewelry, including two on her chest and one in her navel.
More details on the torso.

ETA-This can't be Jaren, there is no mention of tattoo's on the torso. The description of Jaren says she is covered in them, ok good news right?

In SC cab drivers are required to keep a manifest. It includes the pick up location and drop location as well as the time of pick up and drop off.

I do not know if LA require this but i am sure it is similar. Drivers must log their runs.

JMO

Does Jaren have piercings on her torso (chest and navel)? I too find it odd they'd mention piercings but not tattoos....but just wondering...

Why is there not more information on this it should take 5 minutes for the police to know if she got to work, got in the cab etc

Does Jaren have piercings on her torso (chest and navel)? I too find it odd they'd mention piercings but not tattoos....but just wondering...
There are no piercings visible in the photos that I've seen except on her lip. She does have quite a few tattoos.

If they reported the torso had piercings, I'd think they also would report tattoos if any were present.

Mesbra, LE says she was last seen by the bf. I take that to mean she did not report for work. As for the cab, that might be more difficult to confirm.

Here's one possible scenario, if the bf is being truthful: either she called a cab and it didn't arrive; or she walked out to find one, but none were around. Someone might've noticed her waiting, looking around for the cab, and offered a ride.

I don't know if you have the same problem in New orleans that we have in Los Angeles or not. But if you try and get a cab around the airport, sometimes these phony cabs, called gypsy cabs, will drive up and offer a ride. they look like cabs, but upon further inspection, they have removable signs and ceiling thingies, and we have been warned to stay away from them. There are stories of them robbing people, or driving off with their luggage, after it is loaded in the trunk. Or driving them to the wrong location, robbing them and dumping them offf.

I thought about that, katy, and I'll double check tomorrow, but to my knowledge gypsy cabs are prohibited here in New Orleans.

I thought about that, katy, and I'll double check tomorrow, but to my knowledge gypsy cabs are prohibited here in New Orleans.

Oh, they are prohibited in Los Angeles too. But they still try and get business.
They even have airwave scanners that can break into the radio transmission of the cab companies, and they hear a call come in, and they hurry to the address to get there first. So you call for a legal cab, and then this illegal one shows up. It is spooky stuff.

So sad, this makes me never want to leave my house again...this isn't the Louisiana I know and love, I just don't understand how sick a person can be to do anything to anyone! I hope they find her safe and sound :/

Praying for Mickey and Jaren tonight!

Her navel and breast had piercing. One of her ears has piercing all the way up the earlobe. Her tattoos consist of lower right arm has a sleeve, none on her back or stomach. She stood about 5'2", small build, her hair was dark underneath with chunky blond streaks on the top. She has a little girl. Lets get be for real the remains that was found in Bay St Louis is less than 60 miles from New Orleans. Law Enforcement in Bay St. Louis are limited to what they can say until the body is identified. She has been missing since Tuesday and the remains of corpse washes up less 60 miles away. I pray to God its not her. She is my friend.

Her navel and breast had piercing. One of her ears has piercing all the way up the earlobe. Her tattoos consist of one arm has a sleeve, her back, maybe on her stomach. Most of her tattoos were on her arms, ankle area of her legs and her feet. She stood about 5'2", small build, her hair was dark underneath with chunky blond streaks on the top. She as a little girl. Lets get be for real the remains that was found in Bay St Louis is less than 60 miles from New Orleans. Law Enforcement in Bay St. Louis is limited on what they can say until the body is identified. She has been missing since Tuesday and the remains of corpse washes up less 60 miles away. I pray to God its not her. She is my friend.

Oh.. I do hope your friend, Jaren, returns safe and sound! :praying:

This is such a mystery!

Thank you for the "insider" information... it helps us sleuthers so much!:seeya:

Her bf is the father of her child. They are each others first love been together since forever now. Both of them or easy going people and very laid back. He wouldn't hurt a fly. He would take a bullet for her.

Jaren's story breaks my heart. Addiction is such an insidious disease, and it can take over our lives.

I hope her daughter and bf find strength while they wait for their loved one to return!

And I hope LE find the clues to discover where she is!

Thanks for sharing. Perhaps she'll make it home today. For what it's worth, I don't think the discovery in Bay St. Louis is related to Jaren's disappearance.

18732032_BG1.JPG

http://www.wwltv.com/news/NOPD-looking-for-missing-22-year-old-woman-157924735.html

Hoping Jaren is found safe and sound soon.

Her navel and breast had piercing. One of her ears has piercing all the way up the earlobe. Her tattoos consist of lower right arm has a sleeve, none on her back or stomach. She stood about 5'2", small build, her hair was dark underneath with chunky blond streaks on the top. She has a little girl. Lets get be for real the remains that was found in Bay St Louis is less than 60 miles from New Orleans. Law Enforcement in Bay St. Louis are limited to what they can say until the body is identified. She has been missing since Tuesday and the remains of corpse washes up less 60 miles away. I pray to God its not her. She is my friend.

I hope your friend returns safe and sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie