GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #25

sworn statements from the three taxi drivers

http://pulitzerandthompson.com/joran-van-der-sloot-trial-behind-the-scenes/

what i don't understand is why the taxi drivers would admit this to anyone? did they really think it would be somehow helpful to their case to say they knew he committed a heinous crime in lima? if they'd kept their mouths shut, would they still have been arrested for assisting a criminal flee the country?

get the book if u have time... good read!

Could it be that they were really giving a sincere confession, according to Peru law they would get credit, as opposed to lying and possibly winding up with a higher sentence? :waitasec:

I'm just throwing out a thought here. Since he told the taxi drivers it was a man (not a woman) and he didn't have the funds to pay them when they reached their destination, he (once again) wasn't believable and they couldn't prove it? :waitasec:

so unfortunately then, in peru "sworn statements" hold no water even if the perp lies only about the sex of the victim? the actual content of what j said for the most part was still 100% true though.

IDK.

Portrait of a Monster (Nook version)

Pg 132 - Again underway, Joran began spinning a picaresque tale, saying he had stabbed a man with a lot of money. He was on his way to Santiago, Chile, where his girlfriend was waiting. The taxi drivers were speechless. Perhaps the Aruban, with his rudimentary Spanish, had meant something else.

Pg 260 - Joran's account suggested that Stephany had not been murdered, but had died as a result of his self-defense. He claimed that a robbery had not been hiss motive, but an afterthought.

I'm just throwing out a thought here. Since he told the taxi drivers it was a man (not a woman) and he didn't have the funds to pay them when they reached their destination, he (once again) wasn't believable and they couldn't prove it? :waitasec:

BBM

When it's put that way it sounds more like he had just stabbed a wealthy man and he was in fear for his life. Not that he had just killed someone for money. :waitasec:

So many different things to pick out from that analysis but I'm really curious about the crossing out of his name...or the "eradicating" himself or his identity. I wonder if he always signed that way or if this is a recent development.

:waitasec:

I'd be interested to know that, as well. I loved Cherokee's analysis, very informative. Now all I need is to see something that JVDS signed before he met Stephany OR Natalee. :p

I wonder if maybe he scratches his name out when he really doesn't want to sign something. Maybe he's trying to give himself a chance to claim "I didn't really sign that" to try to weasel out of stuff. :waitasec: It just doesn't seem like an "adult," if you will, way to sign something.

I'd be interested to know that, as well. I loved Cherokee's analysis, very informative. Now all I need is to see something that JVDS signed before he met Stephany OR Natalee. :p

I wonder if maybe he scratches his name out when he really doesn't want to sign something. Maybe he's trying to give himself a chance to claim "I didn't really sign that" to try to weasel out of stuff. :waitasec: It just doesn't seem like an "adult," if you will, way to sign something.

Well I think I remember seeing it in the signature on his "coerced confession" but does anyone have any copies of the stuff he sent the girlfriend when he was a teenager? Didn't she do some show and present a bunch of stuff he had written her?

When it's put that way it sounds more like he had just stabbed a wealthy man and he was in fear for his life. Not that he had just killed someone for money. :waitasec:

yes-- page 127 said "stabbed"... but according to cole's website (that i linked earlier):

The statements of the taxi drivers who transported van der Sloot from Lima to Chile. In sworn statements the taxi drivers claimed that van der Sloot admitted to killing someone in Lima for cash, but he had not elaborated.

so how does mr thompson go from "stabbed" to "killed"? imo, the taxi drivers must've inferred j killed someone regardless of the actual words used.

btw, i can't find the page suzihawk refers to from p. 260 in the actual book... it's not on that page in my copy... ??

I wonder if maybe he scratches his name out when he really doesn't want to sign something. Maybe he's trying to give himself a chance to claim "I didn't really sign that" to try to weasel out of stuff. :waitasec: It just doesn't seem like an "adult," if you will, way to sign something.[/quote]

I do not think his scratching over his sig. is some hidden manifestation
psychological? I think it is direct and overt! An overt statement on his part of denial
and nonacceptance/resistence; Joran saying he is being victimised, has no personal link
to anything going on around him or responsibilityfor it, and it started years ago
in Aruba with questioning over Natalie. I think its a coping mechanism for Joran that he learned from his parents! You can see the same blind stiff-necked resistence
in his parents, his peers, et cetera. I dont think there is anything more to this than that!
I think its as transparent and cold as Joran himself. Pure Joran.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...gel-mary-hamer-resigns-murder-stephany-flores

Joran Van Der Sloot’s ‘Guardian Angel’ Hangs Up Her Wings, Resigns From Case

The woman dubbed the “guardian angel” of convicted killer Joran van der Sloot has issued a bizarre resignation letter saying she “accepts defeat” in the case.

RadarOnline has exclusively received the note from Mary Hamer, which she addressed to, among others, President Obama, Beth Holloway and Joran himself.
:banghead:

MH can cry now but she only needs to blame herself and the ones who took her money, Jimenez, JVDS and AVDS. She needs to leave his victims families, Peru authorities and American authorities the heck out of it. None of them asked or ever wanted her involvement with their child's killer. :furious:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...gel-mary-hamer-resigns-murder-stephany-flores

MH can cry now but she only needs to blame herself and the ones who took her money, Jimenez, JVDS and AVDS. She needs to leave his victims families, Peru authorities and American authorities the heck out of it. None of them asked or ever wanted her involvement with their child's killer. :furious:

Wow....that letter is all kinds of loco. :crazy:

In what capacity did she think she was "working on the case"?

Asking governments for information on people? Is Elton Garcia American?

Bottom line is she's banned from Western Union. :great:

Joran and Jimenez probably told her to get lost when they heard that. :floorlaugh:

MOO

Thank you for the link... I read her "resignation" letter and I'm still of the opinion that the woman is unbalanced and needs help.. She sounds delusional and heaven help the patients that she comes into contact with as a radiologist... I don't think I could trust anything she says or does..

BTW, didn't she "resign once before and demand a refund of her money from Joran and his lawyer a short time ago? Like just before she did the Anderson Cooper interview?

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ardian-angel-sights-iranian-american-prisoner

Joran Van Der Sloot's "Guardian Angel’ Sets Sights On Iranian-American Prisoner

The Dutch killer’s guardian angel’s newest mercy mission is Amir Hekmati, the Iranian-American who was sentenced to death earlier this year on charges that he was allegedly a CIA spy.

Hamer, a radiologist from Lake City, Florida, wrote a letter on Sunday to the Iranian government begging for him to be set free, and RadarOnline.com has exclusively received the mail that she sent to the highest powers.

“Dear President Ahmadinejad, the Islamic Revolutionary Court & the Iranian people,” she wrote.

“Please show the United States & the Peruvian governments, Beth Holloway, the Flores family & Anita van der Sloot -- that Iran will bestow Islamic Mercy, Compassion & Rahmah on Mr. Amir Hekmati & free him.

“Please show the West that Iran is enlightened & has the power to forgive Mr. Hekmati. Please tell the West to give Mercy & Compassion & Rahmah to Joran Van der Sloot -- who has been Wrongfully convicted of murder in Peru; Mr. Van der Sloot was illegally entrapped in a sting operation in Lima, Peru on May 30, 2010.”

Her full letter is at the link.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ardian-angel-sights-iranian-american-prisoner

Joran Van Der Sloot's "Guardian Angel’ Sets Sights On Iranian-American Prisoner

Her full letter is at the link.
What the heck? The previous article said that she was "admitting defeat" in trying to get Joran out of prison and now she's trying to get the Iranians to help her get freedom for the Dutchman???? That woman is crazy!

“Please help me obtain Clemency for Mr. Van der Sloot from President Obama & President Humala. Please ask President Obama & President Humala to Apologize to the world for the great injustices executed against young Joran Van der Sloot by their governments.”

Is she serious? She wants the presidents of Peru and the US to apologize to the world?? She really needs a psych evaluation!! And what's the deal with the "glamor" shot of Hamer that Radaronline used? That sure wasn't what she looked like on Anderson Cooper!

She's clearly out of her tree!

So, she's not going to help Joran win the Nobel Peace Prize with his thesis? Gee, and I was so looking forward to that! LOL

What the heck? The previous article said that she was "admitting defeat" in trying to get Joran out of prison and now she's trying to get the Iranians to help her get freedom for the Dutchman???? That woman is crazy!

Is she serious? She wants the presidents of Peru and the US to apologize to the world?? She really needs a psych evaluation!! And what's the deal with the "glamor" shot of Hamer that Radaronline used? That sure wasn't what she looked like on Anderson Cooper!

Okay where is her family? They've got to get her some help and stop her before she really gets herself into trouble with these letters. A deranged person writing to world leaders has to be setting off some alarms within their security personel? She's starting to sound desperate now. :twocents:

MOO

By the way, has anyone followed that story on Amir Hekmati? Well at least MH is trading up in the cougar dept...

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/famil...h-penalty-iran/story?id=15287067#.TwTnw_lEL2s

Seriously though, sounds like he really could use some help but he's got the money...or at least his family does. What he doesn't need is MH writing letters on his behalf and comparing him to JVDS. :banghead:

MOO
At least this fellow isn't a murderer... But, the government that she's sending letters to is hostile to anything American. Is she trying to get the poor man executed???

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...loot-money-guardian-angel-mary-hamer-resigned

radaronline
Jan 31, 2012

The convicted killer, who confessed to the May 2010 murder of Stephany Flores, is still asking his "guardian angel," Mary Hamer, for money despite her announcing on Sunday that she was no longer going to support him.

A source exclusively told RadarOnline.com that the 24-year-old Dutchman has been manipulating Hamer to give him more money to pay lawyer fees and pay off prison staff.

Better he should do something productive, like begin a tunnel under Peru,
under ocean, all the way to Aruba ? :seeya::waitasec::seeya:

radaronline
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/02/joran-van-der-sloot-sad-and-depressed
'I am very sad and depressed,' Moans Convicted Killer Joran van der Sloot
Feb 01, 2012

"Currently wallowing in a maximum security prison in northern Lima serving 28 years after he pleaded guilty to the May 2010 killing, van der Sloot has been complaining about his pitiful state of mind despite confessing to the brutal crime.

“He moans that he is sad and depressed,” a source in Peru exclusively told RadarOnline.com. “He hates it at Piedras Gordas prison and constantly complains about the food and the conditions, even that he doesn’t get enough Internet access because he can’t afford to bribe the guards.”

Okay where is her family? They've got to get her some help and stop her before she really gets herself into trouble with these letters. A deranged person writing to world leaders has to be setting off some alarms within their security personel? She's starting to sound desperate now. :twocents:

MOO

ITA and if her family won't do anything what about her employers, she works at a VA hospital. And they need to get her help quickly before JVDS does manage to manipulate her for more money. She's gone way off the deep end and I don't mean that to make fun of her. Are only family members able to use the Baker Act?

Her letter is beyond crazy, it's all disjointed, all over the map. She seems to have latched on to Amir's case because she wants Iran to show BH, Mr Flores, the presidents of Peru and the US that Iran has compassion. Then wants Iran to force both Peru and the US to apologize for JVDS. If that isn't a severely crazy person talking, what is?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back