GUILTY FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you the moderator for this thread or something, did i miss something?

the mods listed for this forum section are JBean and of course Tricia. I think it might be a misquoted post or maybe they wanted to make some kind of point?

Hi everyone! I think we're all kinda bored around here, cause there's nothing new to discuss on the case. Does anyone know anything about when the jail calls will be released? I want to hear some of what's been said while she's been locked up!!!

Okay, a bit off topic again. Dontae Morris, wanted for killing 2 Tampa officers Friday, has turned himself in. There will be a lot of coverage on this in the coming days. Dorice most likely will not be getting much press right now, though I believe if or when her trial takes place (I still think she'll get a plea deal), we will most likely hear much more then.

Praise the Lord that they caught him!!! What a horrid tragedy. Hopefully he'll go away for the rest of his life. Worthless piece of crap.

Praise the Lord that they caught him!!! What a horrid tragedy. Hopefully he'll go away for the rest of his life. Worthless piece of crap.

They think he had already killed 3 other people before the two policemen. I don't know if I'm reading it right or not, but he got out of prison April, about 2 months ago, and the way I'm reading it is it looks like the 3 murders were since then.

Guess we'll hear more. I think he'll get the death penalty if convicted. He earned it.

Troy Young, the Lakeland Police Officer who allegedly assisted Dorice Moore by providing her with police services such as looking up license plates for her and going with her to the bank to open Abraham's safe deposit box will be in court tomorrow, it would appear. It says it is for a hearing. It does not say a trial.
https://www2.myfloridacounty.com/ccm/do/docket?county=53&data=e3638fab21f135e9b25d4659109dbcef
When you get to the link, put in his name, Troy Young, and he is the Troy McKay Young from Lakeland. Click on the link at the next page to get the full docket.
06/03/2010 REQUEST FOR SUPPL DISCOVERY
05/20/2010 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 7/6/2010
The last two entries on the docket are listed above. Unfortunately, there is no time for the hearing. I am hoping it will be covered by press.

Troy Young, the Lakeland Police Officer who allegedly assisted Dorice Moore by providing her with police services such as looking up license plates for her and going with her to the bank to open Abraham's safe deposit box will be in court tomorrow, it would appear. It says it is for a hearing. It does not say a trial.
https://www2.myfloridacounty.com/ccm/do/docket?county=53&data=e3638fab21f135e9b25d4659109dbcef
When you get to the link, put in his name, Troy Young, and he is the Troy McKay Young from Lakeland. Click on the link at the next page to get the full docket.
06/03/2010 REQUEST FOR SUPPL DISCOVERY
05/20/2010 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 7/6/2010
The last two entries on the docket are listed above. Unfortunately, there is no time for the hearing. I am hoping it will be covered by press.

Is Green & Altman aware?? Are they keeping up with this sort of stuff?

Merissa Green of the Ledger in Polk County and Howard Altman of the Tampa paper in Hillsborough County. They are both reporters on the Abraham Shakespeare story. They have both done excellent coverage.
Merissa Green got the first interview with Dorice and wrote one of the first stories and then many more that followed after:
http://www.theledger.com/article/20...Woman-Says-Missing-Man-Publicity-Upended-Life
Howard Altman wrote the story on Debbie Munguia.
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/fe...-missing-lottery-winner-forces-wo/news-metro/
Both will most likely cover the trial so if you are going you will most likely see them there would be my guess.
I met Howard Altman in the Courthouse. I had the Dorice Moore file in my hand and I was stuck in line behind him. He was trying to get the Dorice Moore file and the clerks were all freaked out because they couldn't find it. I asked him if the file I had was the one he was looking for and he said it was. He's a very nice man and an excellent writer.
I've never met Merissa Green but am looking forward to the opportunity of meeting her at the trial.

By TOM BRENNAN | The Tampa Tribune

Published: July 8, 2010

TAMPA - A judge today agreed to give attorneys for a woman accused of killing a Florida Lottery winner additional time to review investigative documents before making them public.

Circuit Judge Daniel H. Sleet approved an agreement hashed out between prosecutors, the media and the attorney for Dorice Donegan "Dee Dee" Moore.

<snip>

Stephen Fisher, Moore's attorney, said giving him extra time to review the information would protect Moore's rights to a fair trial.

The information normally becomes public at the same time prosecutors turn it over to the defense.

The information – called discovery – includes evidence related to the case such as police reports, forensic tests results, video and audio.

Fisher said he hadn't officially requested the material because he wanted to shield it from immediate public scrutiny.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/ju...nners-death-wont-be-released-y/news-breaking/

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=135880&catid=250

Court hearing for Dee Dee Moore,
woman accused of murdering lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare

Christopher Collette 1 hr ago [07/08/2010]

(snip)

Dee Dee Moore's attorney wants extra time to review "voluminous" evidence the prosecution has against his client.

There are 20 to 30 hours worth of audio and video recordings that would normally become public when the defense gets it. Instead, a judge ruled today that once the defense has the materials, they will have 20 days to review it and object to its release.

(snip)

XX1196TapTap.gif
20 Days :woohoo:

http://www.theledger.com/article/20100708/NEWS/7085062?Title=Moore-s-Lawyers-To-See-Records

Moore's Lawyers To See Records
Judge: Suspect's legal team can review reports up to 20 days before they go public.
By Jason Geary
THE LEDGER

Published: Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 9:32 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 9:32 p.m.

TAMPA | Lawyers for Dorice "DeeDee" Moore, who is accused of killing Lakeland lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare, will get to see records in her case before they become available to the public.

At a Thursday hearing in Tampa, Circuit Judge Daniel H. Sleet ruled Moore's lawyers could have up to 20 days to review investigative reports and other records.

Typically, records become public record when they are released to defense lawyers.

Moore is being represented by the Office of Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel.

In March, the Hillsborough County Public Defender withdrew from Moore's case, citing an unspecified conflict of interest.

The material in Moore's case includes investigative reports as well as about 30 hours of video and audio recordings.

Her lawyers will be able to object to anything they feel should not be released to the public.

Gregg Thomas, a lawyer for The Ledger, said prosecutors would be notified what records aren't objectionable so that material can be released as soon as possible.

Thomas has been advocating for greater access to information in the case, including that records be posted online.

(more at link)

http://publicrecord.hillsclerk.com/...pcSearchMode=CS&pcCaseId=10-CF-001733&pnCnt=1

Filing Date Party Description Text

07/09/2010 D001 DISPOSITION SET & NOTICE SENT Event Scheduled,DIS,27-SEP-2010,08:30, Judge:SLEET, DANIEL H., Room:CR16, Room Location:AN, User ID = DURAN

07/08/2010 D001 MOTION DEFENSE MOTION TO PRECLUDE DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE PURSUANT TO FLA.STAT.SEC.119-07 (2) (E) UNSIGNED ORDERS ATTACHED

07/08/2010 D001 NOTICE OF HEARING FOR 7-8-2010

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/pub_info/documents/09-07-2007_Interim_Policy.pdf
FLA.STAT.SEC.119-07 (2) (E) from above
Case Number Event Description Date Start Time Judge
10-CF-001733 DISPOSITION 09/27/2010 08:30:00 SLEET

Location Room
ANNEX401 N JEFFERSON ST TAMPA CR16

And in the Lakeland police officer, Troy McKay Young case:

001 838016 UNLAW COMPENSATION REWARD OFFICIAL BEHAVIOR 02/15/2010 Prosecutor: Filed
002 83926 MISUSE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION 02/15/2010 Prosecutor: Filed

ACTION DATE TEXT
07/07/2010 MEMO OF COURT (SNAPOUT) 7/6/10
07/07/2010 MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE WITH ORDER
07/07/2010 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 8/24/2010
07/07/2010 Re: PRET--PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE BY BRITLEIS

EVENT DATE JUDGE DOCKET TYPE LOCATION PROSECUTOR DEFENDANT ATTORNEY
08/24/2010 08:30:00 STARGEL, JOHN K PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE POLK COUNTY COURTHOUSE :
07/06/2010 08:30:00 STARGEL, JOHN K PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE BARTOW 4 A RED ELEVATOR :
05/18/2010 08:30:00 STARGEL, JOHN K PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE BARTOW 4 A RED ELEVATOR :
04/16/2010 08:30:00 STARGEL, JOHN K STATUS CONFERENCE BARTOW 4 A RED ELEVATOR : C
03/02/2010 08:15:00 STARGEL, JOHN K ARRAIGNMENT POLK COUNTY COURTHOUSE : D

http://fl-polk-taxcollector.governm...ct30.asp?sid=E2C5664B16AE4177AB147A5BC8A881DB

Search American Medical Professionals

Redhawk Taxes overdue:
Prior Year Taxes Due
Year Folio Status Cert. Cert. Year Amount
2009 1004195 498 2010 $11,069.41

Prior Years Total $11,069.41

If Paid By Prior Years Due
7/31/2010 $11,069.41

As is 409 Pearl Street
Prior Year Taxes Due
2009 1252576 20851 2010 $727.15

Prior Years Total $727.15

7/31/2010 $727.15

As is 528 Jackson Ave.
Prior Year Taxes Due
2009 1265013 21843 2010 $659.21

Prior Years Total $659.21

7/31/2010 $659.21

All currently owned by American Medical Professionals.

Still nothing new, huh??

I'm sooooo impatient for SOMETHING new!!!!! ANYTHING!!!!

http://www.hillsclerk.com/publicweb/WorkArea/showcontent.aspx?id=5595
This is interesting, what the defense does not want disclosed.
They don't want confessions disclosed.

I read the contents of the Troy Young discovery before they decided to seal it. I didn't see any confessions in there. Why are they allowed to seal that rather than just block out info that would be sensitive? I believe it did say that Dorice videotaped the opening of the bank lock box. So I wonder where that tape is. And videotaping it could be self-serving, cut out the parts you don't want people to see.

http://www.myflsunshine.com/sun.nsf/sunmanual/1BB05D142D8E4724852566F3006C7A1A

Confessions

Section 119.071(2)(e), F.S., exempts from disclosure any information revealing the substance of a confession by a person arrested until such time as the case is finally determined by adjudication, dismissal, or other final disposition. See Times Publishing Co. v. Patterson, 451 So. 2d 888 (Fla. 2d DCA 1984) (trial court order permitting state attorney or defendant to designate affidavits, depositions or other papers which contained "statements or substance of statements" to be sealed was overbroad because the order was not limited to those statements revealing the substance of a "confession").

In AGO 84-33, the Attorney General's Office advised that only such portions of the complaint and arrest report in a criminal case file which reveal the "substance of a confession," i.e., the material parts of a statement made by a person charged with the commission of a crime in which that person acknowledges guilt of the essential elements of the act or acts constituting the entire criminal offense, are exempt from public disclosure. But See Times Publishing Company v. State, 827 So. 2d 1040, 1042 (Fla. 2d DCA 2002), in which the appellate court held that a trial judge's order sealing portions of records of police interviews with the defendant did not constitute a
departure from the essential requirements of law; however, portions of the interview transcript and tape which did not "directly relate to [the defendant's] participation in the crimes" did not contain the substance of a confession pursuant to s. 119.071(2)(e), F.S., and must be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa