Trial - Ross Harris #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
out

5:15 , contacted. He wasn't told it was a crime scene? LE indicated in search warrants they ruled it not just a crime scene but a homicide investigation well before 5. That's why CAP was called out.

How long was the ME investigator there with Ferrell? Who he says told him "foul play couldn't be ruled out"? Because by 7 at the latest LE was filing affadavits for search warrants and listing felony murder as the charge, and "deprivation of sustenance" as method.
Please pardon me be being unaware of what CAP stands fore. Can someone tell me ? Tia

Which on is Ferrell? I'm having such a hard time keeping names straight. Oy! I thought there was Jackson and two other men there.

Ferrell was (is still?) Stoddard's supervisor. He says he was on the scene, but if so, it was highly unusual for LE of his rank to respond to a scene that early on, and iirc, the first time Ferrell had ever done so.

LE seems to be having a difficult time squaring the circle of-- they didn't rush to any premature conclusions and do sloppy everything as a result , but high ranking LE (allegedly) responded to the scene almost immediately, RH was detained almost immediately, his phone was seized almost immediately, searched before a warrant was issued, and search warrants filed within hours indicating LE thought he had intentionally killed Cooper.

Subset of contradictions - murder by deprivation of sustenance, though probable cause for warrants related to hot car deaths, and not only weren't autopsy results available, the ME investigator was apparently still at the scene, or had just left.

Frist is continuing to testify.

“He appeared to be a healthy, young 22-month-old male child,” Frist said of Cooper.

Cooper had a lividity pattern, referring to blood pooling in the body, which stains the skin and allows them to determine the position of the body at death.

There were abrasions on Cooper’s body, around his head and face and his arms and legs.

You can get them from rubbing a hard surface. In this case, if you come into contact with a hot surface, it can also cause abrasions, Frist said.

Cooper died of hyperthermia – excessive heat. Forensically his death was due to someone else’s hand, which makes it homicide, Frist said.

Good to hear them talk about decomposition again- sounds like it was inaccurate for the ME to use that word having been around many dead bodies. Sounds like it depends on your experience with the smells of death in their various stages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frist says he ruled Cooper's cause of death as hyperthermia and the manner of death as homicide. He says homicide simply means that the death was due to someone else's hand.

Frist says the max temperature at which a human's body can live before it begins to shut down is 104 degrees.

I thought Leanna wasn't privy to testimony as she is still a witness to be called?

Leanna is a victim in this case and has the right to not be excluded from the hearing.

eta: a legal right (OCGA 17-17-9)

WARNING: The live video during this testimony may include some graphic images.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta0NRt2xdGQ

Body temperature can go up to 104 degrees before you start to see permanent damage and death, Frist said. Your cells start to be unable to do their jobs, managing the organs.

The prosecution is asking about the autopsy, showing photos to the jury.

The greenish discoloration on his stomach is evidence that Cooper’s organs were beginning to decompose.

Frist is noting abrasions on Cooper, pointing them out in photos to the jurors.

He had abrasions on his cheek, on an arm, on his knee.

Cooper also had an abrasion on his neck, signs of something rubbing against him. The little boy had a bandaid on his ankle.

ME testifying that if the car was in the low 90 degree range - cooper would have been alive at lunch.

Edited to say- wonder who will testify about the temp of the car.

Is it fairly routine that you would task your investigators with getting a medical history, the prosecutor asked. Yes, Frist said.

When Frist retired Oct. 1, 2014, the complete investigation had not been done so his report called cause of death as undetermined to allow for further investigation. “I wanted other investigative agencies to conclude their work before making a final determination,” Frist said.

It was his intention though to label the cause as hyperthermia and a homicide, Frist said.

A hyperthermia death would have taken time.

You’re going to go through various phases when you’re getting heated but you’re not in a place where it’s going to cause death, Frist said. “It can be prolonged.”

It’s very difficult to give the exact time of death, Frist said.

Frist said he believes Cooper died a slow death.

ME testifying that if the car was in the low 90 degree range - cooper would have been alive at lunch.

Ugh, The f*cking lightbulbs. I wonder if Cooper was still alive..

Breaking down under this testimony seems understandable. I think he's humanizing himself for the jury. ETA: I'm not terribly sympathetic to Ross, but for those who aren't as hardened, I'd say this display helps him.

Ugh, The f*cking lightbulbs. I wonder if Cooper was still alive..

Just awful to think about- even if still alive I believe IMO he would have probably been unconscious at this point.

Cooper would have experienced nausea, a headache, dehydration, seizures potentially and anxiety

“He probably would have struggled as he was becoming more and more uncomfortable,” Frist said.

Harris is sobbing as Frist describes how his son died.

Frist says it's likely that Cooper was still alive when Harris returned to his car at lunch.

http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-ne...ross-harris-trial-oct/zTSewYoZsZkzQo6CS0MBgM/

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...the-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/458336426

ME testifying that he was "told" the temp in the car was in the low 90s in the car at noon. His opinion that copper would not have been dead at 12

Edited to say- i hope we hear this testimony soon.

Cooper would have experienced nausea, a headache, dehydration, seizures potentially and anxiety

“He probably would have struggled as he was becoming more and more uncomfortable,” Frist said.

Harris is sobbing as Frist describes how his son died.

Frist says it's likely that Cooper was still alive when Harris returned to his car at lunch.

Jesus Christ. I feel sick hearing this :(:(

Cooper’s death certificate was filed on Frist’s last day before retiring. Frist did not sign the death certificate.

Frist explained again why he wrote undetermined on Cooper’s report before he retired – because the investigation was ongoing.

“Because we have a paper document, it doesn’t mean that’s the end of the story,” Frist said.

Things can change. That’s why there are amended reports.

Whether Cooper had been left accidentally or on purpose, Cooper would have experienced the same trauma and death, the defense pointed out. Yes, Frist said.

It’s unknown exactly how long it took Cooper to reach a dangerous heat level and how long it took him to die.

I’ve been told that the temperature was only in the low 90s in the car at around noon, Frist said. “If that’s true, he could have survived that,” he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff