100,000k reward for safe return or conviction

It would be nice if everyone were not so concerned about who has it, it is to help find the missing Baby. However, when I said think big money, major network (maybe needing a boost right now), I mean think big money. This money is nothing to the "benefactor". Some people really can do that, and they like to remain anonymous when doing so. It is a very kind gesture.

I mentioned in another thread that I think this is a whole lotta nothing. How many rewards have actually been paid out in cases like this? I can't think of any where a benefactor ever had to pay.

It does bring attention to a case, for which I am thankful. But the benefactor prolly doesn't have to worry about paying out.

MOO

Mel

Who does one apply to when one has given pertinent information that led to a conviction and/or Lisa's safe return and one wants the reward?

Was there any mention of the reward pertaining to information that 'leads' to Lisa?

I mentioned in another thread that I think this is a whole lotta nothing. How many rewards have actually been paid out in cases like this? I can't think of any where a benefactor ever had to pay.

It does bring attention to a case, for which I am thankful. But the benefactor prolly doesn't have to worry about paying out.

MOO

Mel
Or....

(preface - I used to work for an intermediary of Lloyd's of London and did the strangest policies for the strangest of things)

Can these rewards be underwritten by Lloyd's? IOW - the will assess the risk involved in paying out this reward and then charge, in this case - the wealthy benefactor, a premium. Once that premium is paid, then the risk is covered. IOW - if Lisa is found or there is a conviction - then the "tipster" gets the money - but it comes from the insurance carrier and not the benefactor.

Does that make any sense?

I'm wondering if this is now the case. All the lotteries are run off of "banked deposits" where the proceeds are paid out through the interest. And you all know about the policies for Barbara Bach's legs, and various other movies stars for their voice or hair or whatever.

Just sittin' here stinkin' thinkin' that's all.......................

JMHO

Who does one apply to when one has given pertinent information that led to a conviction and/or Lisa's safe return and one wants the reward?

At that point, I would think the moola would come to you. It would be arranged.

At that point, I would think the moola would come to you. It would be arranged.

I would love to be wrong but I doubt anyone will see this money, even if there is a conviction. Who defines what's information leading to a conviction? There are apparently no set rules so they can always say it was not one specific tip, it was the whole investigation that led to the conviction, or some such thing, and there is no one to direct complaints at if they don't pay since no one knows who promised to.

If the money exists, why not have some kind of document about the reward?

Perhaps any conditions are yet to be talked about, the need for more talk time at a presser or just release of some info on Baby Lisa.

Call me jaded, skeptical, or simply having my hinky meter registering in the stinkiest zone, but I'm havng a difficult time understanding what is going on in the case of the "missing" Lisa Irwin. There's just something about this situation that doesn't seem right to me, but I'm at a loss about what it might be. jmo

Perhaps any conditions are yet to be talked about, the need for more talk time at a presser or just release of some info on Baby Lisa.

Time is of essence in this case! The longer the baby is missing the worse it is! :twocents::seeya::seeya:

Call me jaded, skeptical, or simply having my hinky meter registering in the stinkiest zone, but I'm havng a difficult time understanding what is going on in the case of the "missing" Lisa Irwin. There's just something about this situation that doesn't seem right to me, but I'm at a loss about what it might be. jmo

color by me

Feel the same way. I can't figure out if my unsettled feeling is because of the extra's included in the kidnapping story or what.

Why throw in the info about a new baby kitten?
Three stolen cell phones?
Husband's first evening working night shift?

Something is off.
I hope the reward brings Lisa home.

imo

Rewards are reactive devices, not pro-active. I was happy not to see a large one posted by the authorities, actually. They so rarely work.

A spokesman for Kansas City's TIPS Hotline says it hasn't been contacted about the reward. The nonprofit hotline overseen by Kansas City authorities has been fielding hundreds of calls on the case.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44908162/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/#.TpidaHFGz5I

Yep, money talks and BS walks...I mean that in the literal sense...if Lisa comes home BS can go home. I sincerely thank the person who offered up this reward and I pray it brings Lisa home.

Interesting!

If my theory (that the Dad knows the truth) that Mom vanished Lisa....

I wonder if the Dad hears of the reward will have second thoughts of covering for Mom now??
Are there any rules or stipulations placed on this reward?
What if the guilty party comes forward? She/He gets the reward??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back