Identified! NY - Titicus Reservoir, North Salem, White Male, Jun'93 - Andrew Bookless

Yes, but you will see the background of the first photo melding into the background of the second one making it appear "off" or blurred. This is a crisp photo and I don't believe it can be a double exposure.

Not necessarily, depends on the shutter speed.
Photographers would do that intentionally too.
I've had pictures that did turn out like that.

ok...this is what I can see. The boy is wearing sandles with socks. The man is holding some sort of pack or sachel in front of him. They are standing in front of a peddle car but I can't make out what the other thing is. If you save the picture to your pictures than hit preview, you are able to enlarge it....

I am just glad that this man has been identified and here y'all are trying to create more mysteries! Lolz!
That is one creeeeeepy photo. The look on the older man's face even seems menacing to me. Did the article say who the old man was?

Retired~ It looks to me the child is wearing what we used to called "saddle" shoes. They have a little leather piece which goes over the area of the top of the foot. They were very popular back in the 50s.

They thought the older man was possibly a grandfather, father, or uncle...but they never specified who it actually was. I found that odd, too, because the remaining four siblings should know that detail.

They thought the older man was possibly a grandfather, father, or uncle...but they never specified who it actually was. I found that odd, too, because the remaining four siblings should know that detail.

So strange!

This family is haunted!

Retired~ It looks to me the child is wearing what we used to called "saddle" shoes. They have a little leather piece which goes over the area of the top of the foot. They were very popular back in the 50s.

I looked again and they may be....It is such a weird picture...Just the look on the boys face.....

It is a very strange photo and a very strange case! I am glad they figured out who he was finally. (It sounds like he has not been returned yet to the family.)

I remember reading about this case a few weeks ago and wondering why, out of all the photos in the world, the man chose to preserve THAT one so carefully...

I think he would have to be incredibly close to this person because it would seem that this photo was the most important thing to him at the time of his death. It makes me wonder if this was the last photo he had of himself with that person before the older man passed away.

I think he would have to be incredibly close to this person because it would seem that this photo was the most important thing to him at the time of his death. It makes me wonder if this was the last photo he had of himself with that person before the older man passed away.

Or perhaps trying to send a clue? As in, I am committing suicide because of THIS person?

Why wouldn't he have left a note with the photo where people could find it (on dry land) and let them know why he was committing suicide?

Trying to leave a mystery? IDK my mind is just going off on tangents.

Maybe because he saw what we see, SS? This is just my opinion, but I see what you do. I see that man got no bottom half. The boy/victim has on saddle shoes. They both seem to be looking down at something. Hey, who knows maybe the ground they are standing on is haunted? I agree that no way that wouldn't have alot of water damage and if it was behind glass the moisture would get under it and we wouldn't be looking at that picture as we are now. Oh or racking our brains about it. Something is wrong there, and well anyone has pounds of rocks in a bag and they drown that way that is way weird. He was a cute little boy though, but again I don't like the man. Them saddle shoes my mom polished like a mad woman every single night for us for school. My brothers wore them as well with short pants when they were real young.

Just looks like he's standing behind some shrubs to me...:waitasec:

Just looks like he's standing behind some shrubs to me...:waitasec:

LOL Probably is, fmw, but please allow me my fun. I want it to be so much more.

The article said the older gentleman was his grandfather. It also said the family believes he fell through ice and accidentally drowned though that doesn't explain why he was carrying 38#s of rock?

I don't know if this guy would have had access to a computer. But what it looks like to me is two old photos scanned into a computer and then photoshopped together with the man/boy having been cut out and pasted on top of the background. If it is, then it is probably some kind of clue, but I don't know what. Fav person and fav place- what he wanted to remember. Or this person did something to me and here is where it happened... I don't know which.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back