Would you be frightened being left in a remote trailer with two little kids at night?

Would you be frightened being left in a remote trailer with two little kids at night?

• Yes, absolutely

Votes: 149 36.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 130 31.5%
  • Not with a dog.

Votes: 53 12.8%
  • Not with a security system, a gun, and a dog.

Votes: 81 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I don't do country. The darkness and total silence scares the mess out of me!

I grew up in the country, but I'm not sure I could live there now. I remember when my parents would sometimes forget to lock the doors at night. It gives me the chills to think about it now, but fortunately nothing bad happened. My husband is very much a city boy and the silence of the country gives him the creeps. He says the country reminds him of the movie "Children of the Corn." lol

When I was 18 and just had my daughter. Her father and I lived in a trailer park (with other trailers around us) he worked nights 11-7 and I would stay up late at night doing my cleaning because I was afraid being alone I would work till I was so sleepy and then fall asleep on the couch. You could hear every noise in the place when the winds would blow it was really scary.

No.
Living in a remote home with children would not scare me. I would much rather be out in the country with no one around than in town where I live, even though my town is relatively small. I love the darkness of no streetlights. You can actually see the stars. You take precautions, whether it is big a great big dog, big gun, alarm system and a must for anywhere you live are well made locks. The best deterrent to becoming a victim of any crime is difficult access. Scum and crooks are everywhere but they will always pick the easiest home.

yes plus that area of florida has a lot of skunk ape/bigfoot sightings. im terrified of bigfoot.

I said not with a dog only because I'm hard of hearing. Someone could walk right into my house at anytime and I wouldn't know. If they do, my Pit Bull Max is always at my side and it would be the last time they walked in on anyone.

If you google map RC's address, they have plenty of neighbors.The house isn't off on it's own at all. Some of those neighbors are pretty scary people though.

I used to have a friend who lived in an old ranch house in the middle of an orchard and she was terrified every time her dh left the house at nite. To the point that he bought a gun for her. The orchard was an anomaly in a town that had grown too quickly into a city of 500,000 people, it was one of the few undeveloped pieces of property left. My friend never had any trouble out there, but my next door neighbor was murdered in her home, in the middle of day by a junkie who broke in and stole her VCR to buy a fix.

If a bad person gets you in his sights it doesn't matter where you live.

I raised five kids in the country,husband worked alot of nights,had dogs,guns and floodlights.Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.But,I didn't have friends and relatives that were a danger to my childred either.

Totally in the country away from anybody would scare me. So would a big city. I perfer middle ground, small towns and suburbs. I think it's just what you grow up used to. When I was 17 I was much more scared of ghosts then actual people, though.

I raised five kids in the country,husband worked alot of nights,had dogs,guns and floodlights.Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.But,I didn't have friends and relatives that were a danger to my childred either.
I think it all depends where the trailer is and I was thinking of the area where RC lives with the number of SOs in the immediate area. I still wouldn't want to be out in the middle of nowhere though with two small children in case of an emergency and getting help quickly. :)

no. wouldn't be. This is a kid tho... who was left alone (but it wasn't her first time in THIS family and who knows what she had already been familiar with in the past. I vot that SHE WAS NOT SCARED AND THAT THIS WAS NOTHING NEW TO HER (if that went beyond the poll sorry in advance :)

Trailer in the country with less than 50 SO's running around or in the inner city with nearly 600 SO's running around?
Seeing as where I live now was once named the murder capital of the US...I'll go with the trailer. ANYDAY.

LOL Amen to that! I live in the murder capital of the US...

I would be very afraid but back in the day, No!

I didn't get that kind of fear until after my kids were born.

Was Misty afraid? Maybe a little but not that mother protective instincts fear.

No. I live in the country now. My next door neighbors are Amish and they live almost a mile away.

I learned from an early age to defend myself and my family. We are also a gun toting family so that helps.

I think it all depends where the trailer is and I was thinking of the area where RC lives with the number of SOs in the immediate area. I still wouldn't want to be out in the middle of nowhere though with two small children in case of an emergency and getting help quickly. :)

It was a house,but five minutes away from where the Lisk Sisters were taken and killed.You think you're safe in the country,but you're not.

It was a house,but five minutes away from where the Lisk Sisters were taken and killed.You think you're safe in the country,but you're not.
OMG! :eek: I grew up in a house that was isolated and surrounded by lots of woods. It was scary at times especially during a storm.

When I lived in the country, I was scared at night alone. I had two neighbors, but the ones closest to me were nuts. LOL I was mostly scared of them.

I don't think I would be scared where their trailer is located within a community type setting tho. Especially with relatives so close in proximity...the ones I would have gone running to after I found Haleigh was missing immediately!

A few years ago, I would've said that I would NOT be afraid----however, ever since the creepy Joseph Duncan incident :furious: with the Groene family, I much prefer having close neighbors.

I live in a very rural area. I am not scared. The doors are locked. But the way I look at it is if someone wants in bad enough, a lock is not going to stop them.

We're ok with security system, dogs and protection
BUT
if i was 17 and alone like that, i'd be scared silly!!!

ETA~ we are "remote" country, not trailer community. Our neighbors are "over yonder". lol
for real...i think i'd be scared alone in a trailer community and really worried about the kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph