GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it would be relevant to the reconstruction, if she was walking along the street with it tucked under her arm..... I would say that's quite unusual and may have jogged a few memories iygwim.

Oh yes the reconstruction has to be 100% authentic. But in reality I can't see the issue of how she carried the Pizza gives any clues to how she was murdered. Some tend to think along the lines of she knew she had a lift. But I just can't see that train of thought, and how it's reached. J.M.O.

The important thing about that Pizza, and probably the best clue is just finding out she never ate it.

am trying to work out from the 4th picture down, where has she put the pizza?

Probably in a plastic bag.

I think we need to analyze the possibility that the killer didnt know anything about the CCTV footage...the killer didnt know that JY has appeared in so many CCTV records.
The killer didnt know that all the world will start to search the pizza, because the muderer had no idea that we will ever know that there has been a pizza.
If there has been 2 people strangling JY, then probably she started to beat with her legs while somebody was strangling her backside and same time the second person tried to catch her feets...JY might lost her sock like that...and maybe the sock is in the pocket of the murderer. Dont think the police will ever find the pizza and sock.

Ok, This is my current thinking. JY does the shopping and heads home. a) meets someone (call them GR) on the way who says I'll give you a lift. Jumps in the car and has altercation. She's driven home and leaves car in a huff forgetting pizza. She's followed into the house and argument continues. She takes off her boots and puts on the socks which, as the house is untidy and she wears them in the house all the time are lying around handy to change into. All the time GR is still there arguing with her. She pours herself some cider drinks some. Arguement continues and she is strangled. x panics, picks her up and puts her in the car, disposes of her. Sock has come off in the car. GR continues on his way to Sheffield. disposes of pizza and sock somewhere on the way.

scenario b. as she gets home, she finds GR in his car getting ready to set off. She jumps in to say goodbye, they have an altercation. She heads off into flat in a huff, forgetting pizza, GR follows her in. Rest is as above.

Just an idea. I wouldn't be surprised if sock and pizza are discovered together.

Ok, This is my current thinking. JY does the shopping and heads home. a) meets someone (call them GR) on the way who says I'll give you a lift. Jumps in the car and has altercation. She's driven home and leaves car in a huff forgetting pizza. She's followed into the house and argument continues. She takes off her boots and puts on the socks which, as the house is untidy and she wears them in the house all the time are lying around handy to change into. All the time GR is still there arguing with her. She pours herself some cider drinks some. Arguement continues and she is strangled. x panics, picks her up and puts her in the car, disposes of her. Sock has come off in the car. GR continues on his way to Sheffield. disposes of pizza and sock somewhere on the way.

scenario b. as she gets home, she finds GR in his car getting ready to set off. She jumps in to say goodbye, they have an altercation. She heads off into flat in a huff, forgetting pizza, GR follows her in. Rest is as above.

Just an idea. I wouldn't be surprised if sock and pizza are discovered together.

Again GR? Dou you really belive it?

I share your ideas..... but, if it's him, why hasn't he been charged yet?

Why wouldn't he take her bag (containing keys, phone, etc.) ? If the body had been discovered with the bag, phone (flat), suspicion would have fallen upon half of Bristol

I share your ideas..... but, if it's him, why hasn't he been charged yet?

My feeling is that they don't have sufficient evidence as his DNA would be expected on her. And hers in the car. Also get the impression from the recent releases that his alibi is perhaps being unwittingly propped up by family/friends. LE need someone to come forward and clarify exact arrival times to Sheffield. The 4 hours in the flat on Sunday, not calling RS, her best friend before calling LE is unexplainable. Especially as one would imagine that having noticed her missing, and seen her bag, he would have checked her mobile phone d seen that she spoke to RS. WOuldn't that be the first call you made?

Why wouldn't he take her bag (containing keys, phone, etc.) ? If the body had been discovered with the bag, phone (flat), suspicion would have fallen upon half of Bristol

Panic. I don't think he would have been thinking logically at that point - would you? Just wanted to get rid of the body asap and get out of Bristol sharpish. Probably only noticed the pizza and sock later.

Gets back on Sunday and realises there's no going back. Can't do anything about the bag/keys etc. Too risky to go back to the dumping site. Doesn't realise that the pizza will have been caught on cctv and become a major issue. Thin king about it, mayh have even eaten the pizza in Sheffield with family? I don't know.

Spends some time cleaning the flat to try and fudge the time of disappearence/death. Has had all weekend to think about that.

Panic. I don't think he would have been thinking logically at that point - would you? Just wanted to get rid of the body asap and get out of Bristol sharpish. Probably only noticed the pizza and sock later.

Panic ? Maybe. But then he had 4 hours later on in which to realise and dispose of the bag, even if he tossed it in a skip somewhere. That would have lead investigators all over the place. I find it hard to accept he tidied up the flat and forgot the half consumed cider. Find it even harder to accept he sat there for 4 hours without realizing the bag would prove she'd been home. Why would he want investigators to believe she'd been home ?

I see that the BBC article tonight gets the timeline wrong yet again:

"Miss Yeates stopped at Waitrose, before buying the mozzarella, tomato and pesto pizza from a Tesco Express store.

She then visited Bargain Booze before walking to her flat in the Clifton area of the city."

Sloppy, sloppy journalism, a recurring feature of this case I'm afraid.

Panic ? Maybe. But then he had 4 hours later on in which to realise and dispose of the bag, even if he tossed it in a skip somewhere. That would have lead investigators all over the place. I find it hard to accept he tidied up the flat and forgot the half consumed cider. Find it even harder to accept he sat there for 4 hours without realizing the bag would prove she'd been home. Why would he want investigators to believe she'd been home ?

It being a terrible accident, all a bit of a panic. What do I do, what do I do? I don't think he was running through how best to mislead LE, commit the perfect crime, This wasn't premeditated. All he wanted to do was get rid of the body, and pretend it hadn't happened.

On Sunday as he's tidying up, he doesn't think of the implications of the half drunk cider. 4 hours is a long time if you're doing nothing, but would whizz by if you're busy. Of course he realises that bag would prove she'd been home, but in his mind he plans to present this as a missing person case. To his mind LE knowing that she had got home would be less risky to his case than having to find somewhere to dispose of the bag etc. Remember, time is ticking and with the bad weather getting around not so easy.

Probably in a plastic bag.

I think we need to analyze the possibility that the killer didnt know anything about the CCTV footage...the killer didnt know that JY has appeared in so many CCTV records.
The killer didnt know that all the world will start to search the pizza, because the muderer had no idea that we will ever know that there has been a pizza.
If there has been 2 people strangling JY, then probably she started to beat with her legs while somebody was strangling her backside and same time the second person tried to catch her feets...JY might lost her sock like that...and maybe the sock is in the pocket of the murderer. Dont think the police will ever find the pizza and sock.

It could be possible that she had odd socks on, I often do when I am rushing out the door, knowing noone would know as they are in my boots. The pizza is nver going to be found I feel.

It being a terrible accident, all a bit of a panic. What do I do, what do I do? I don't think he was running through how best to mislead LE, commit the perfect crime, This wasn't premeditated. All he wanted to do was get rid of the body, and pretend it hadn't happened.

On Sunday as he's tidying up, he doesn't think of the implications of the half drunk cider. 4 hours is a long time if you're doing nothing, but would whizz by if you're busy. Of course he realises that bag would prove she'd been home, but in his mind he plans to present this as a missing person case. To his mind LE knowing that she had got home would be less risky to his case than having to find somewhere to dispose of the bag etc. Remember, time is ticking and with the bad weather getting around not so easy.

Do you think he dumped her body on way to Sheffield? @ say 10ish

Do you think he dumped her body on way to Sheffield? @ say 10ish

Yes I do, perhaps a little earlier. How long would it take to get from the flat to Longwood lane? I feel iit all happened very quickly.

IIRC, we still don't know what time he is said to have arrived in Sheffield. With a bit of making up of time on the motorway, and an unwittingly incorrect alibi, it could tie in. But this is just speculation as I don't have the facts. Just a possible scenario.

Just who's DNA or fingerprints is on the Cider glass though. That says if she got home or not.

That's been my own view all along, and the police have known that for a while, so draw your own conclusion from the fact that they seem certain she got home.

Now the police are starting to release information, that's another titbit they could let us have, without jeopardising any prosecution.

Don't you believe that a missing-person case would be far more convincing if it appeared she'd never made it home ?

Disposing of the bag and its contents -- anywhere (or with the body) -- would persuade LE that whatever happened to her had happened 'out there', by person/s unknown

And the pizza (if it posed a problem to the killer through his fingerprints) could have been removed from the wrapping and frisbeed into grass for birds the next morning or rats that night. And the packet could have been ripped and tossed to the winds

Were we told if one bottle of cider remained ? Or were we simply told one bottle had been half-consumed ? Again, a good rinse of the used bottle and toss it into grass. It would probably still be lying there, if so

Put her coat back on, and the boots. And when she was found, it would have looked as if she'd been snatched off the street

No need to tidy the flat. And could say he came home exhausted and fell asleep, fully expecting her to be home by the time he woke up

Yes I do, perhaps a little earlier. How long would it take to get from the flat to Longwood lane? I feel iit all happened very quickly.

IIRC, we still don't know what time he is said to have arrived in Sheffield. With a bit of making up of time on the motorway, and an unwittingly incorrect alibi, it could tie in. But this is just speculation as I don't have the facts. Just a possible scenario.

I did the times on AARoutefinder, I'm sure it was a matter of minutes from the flat to Longwood Lane (8 IIRC), and then onto the M5 (16 IIRC).... easily done imho, I think he had a full tank, so stopping for petrol wouldn't necessarily rule him out (plus he could have used cash), mobile phone could have been switched off (he put that down to saving battery power as it was low) the only thing I cant believe they haven't picked him up on CCTV somewhere along the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni