FBI Investigating Email That Could Land Cindy In Jail #2

That's one of the benefits of having so many threads, a person can move on to something else whenever they choose to do so.

:waitasec: Well, I choose to remain on this thread and will, and I (as well as many others) would also like to see it move off this endless debate that goes absolutely nowhere.:waitasec:

wow - I give up

Don't give up!! Each time you repost the same sentiments, it further solidifes the argument and yes, the subject topic--that FBI has been made aware of the same concerns you have...

It's the definition of what *is* is. Parsing words may be clever, but not too effective. :)

Because CA admitted to not getting the one ONLY used by Caylee. OBVIOUSLY she found it important enough to spew at the mouth about it to MN. If she found nothing wrong with what she did..why even bring it up then?? She was being deceptive by her own ommission, IMO.

Precisely MD Mommy - as plain as the nose on CA's face.

I feel like we all have been, repeatedly!, for the past hour or so!!!

What color was it? :crazy:

Seriously, what are the ramifications of an FBI investigation? Martha Stewart didn't do too well for all her obfuscating. Will we see Cindy at Camp Cupcake sometime soon?

Seriously, what are the ramifications of an FBI investigation? Martha Stewart didn't do too well for all her obfuscating. Will we see Cindy at Camp Cupcake sometime soon?

We can all hope, can't we??? I seriously would love to see her slapped with an obstruction charge with this one. And I don't think the FBI will play softball with her like the OCSO did.

OK, Im back. I had to go look up what obfuscating meant! :waitasec:

I'll have a cupcake, please!

I'm sure this is just being added to the file LE is keeping on Cindy for potential future use.

At this point, we can only hope that when the prosecutor has Cindy on the stand she'll be asked to explain her actions, which of course will include a question as to why, when she realized she hadn't given Caylee's brush to LE, she didn't rectify the error.

I don't think Cindy withheld the brush to help Casey, because in the end it does harm to the whole 'Caylee is alive' theory.

I think Cindy gave the wrong brush because she could, and in her mind it gave her power.

I'd venture a guess that LE is content to have what they asked for, a sample of Caylee's hair, and they aren't the least bit concerned about what brush it came from.

Who are we to say they might be happy with what they have? I'm not even going to venture to say that they are unhappy with what they have. I'll repeat obviously CA thought it was something of importance hence her comment about not lying but, not getting the hairbrush used exclusively by Caylee. This IMO is another fine example of CA not FULLY cooperating with LE. Any sane person would be scouring that house to aid in the investigation, here we have CA selecting which items to give LE.

Only if it is the hairbrush I ask for (and only that hairbrush, none other!) :crazy:

You mean I can't spank you with the hairbrush that I've used when spanking others, and pretend to you it's the hairbrush I only use on you? You mean to tell me that's a deception?? I just didn't feel like walking in to the other stall to get the hairbrush that I only use when I spank you....:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

What I'm not seeing is why it's even a big deal. LE wanted Caylee's hair, Cindy gave it to them. Does it matter if the brush was red or green? Whether it was in one bathroom or another? Who's to say if "Caylee's" brush was only used by Caylee?

bold is mine.....

Cindy did, she said so in her 11 minute run-on sentence with channel 9.

It is INTERESTING that Cindy would provide a shared brush with knowledge of another brush used only by Caylee being readily available. Is it probative? In a word, yes. It substantiates that while Cindy has publicly stated that she has done what she could to find her granddaughter and LE has done nothing, this is one instance where the work she made LE do was made difficult, and in the findings, proved only that the two hair samples were from related people. It tests the statements Cindy has made to demonstrate a likeliness for self-serving answers.

Is it criminal? I don't believe so. LE got a brush and performed tests on it which conclusively and with "statistical certainty" states the hair belongs to someone with the MtDNA of Cindy Anthony. We are then back to Cindy, her mother, her daughter and her son are all still accounted for, and only one person who shares this MtDNA is not.

Chilly is correct in one aspect: Criminally, Cindy did nothing wrong. Whoever it was waaaaaaay back earlier on who said it then became a matter of the SPIRIT of the law in Cindy complying is also correct. Cindy admits to not getting a brush she knows would be more beneficial to LE, but she DID provide one, so what's the big deal?

It comes down to how helpful is she truly being, considering her self-serving behavior as well as the protective statements of adoration she makes about her daughter. And sadly, she is not very helpful at all in the search for her granddaughter, and that my friends, is the bottom line.

We can all hope, can't we??? I seriously would love to see her slapped with an obstruction charge with this one. And I don't think the FBI will play softball with her like the OCSO did.

It may serve as a wake up call about lying to Cindy. She has pointed out that being a liar doesn't make one a murderer, but it does have the potential to get you in some legal trouble (ie, Casey's first arrest was based on lying to investigators. Guess her mom missed that fact).

There are repercussions for such actions. When I watched the clip of Cindy talking to the reporter about this subject, it seemed she did a lot of fast talking. It's also incongruent to say you care so deeply for your grand daughter, yet you aren't doing anything and everything in your power to help the investigation.

If that's not Caylee's hair in the trunk, the fastest way to prove it would be to provide the best sample available--and not to your daughter's defense attorney.

I'm sure this is just being added to the file LE is keeping on Cindy for potential future use.

At this point, we can only hope that when the prosecutor has Cindy on the stand she'll be asked to explain her actions, which of course will include a question as to why, when she realized she hadn't given Caylee's brush to LE, she didn't rectify the error.

I don't think Cindy withheld the brush to help Casey, because in the end it does harm to the whole 'Caylee is alive' theory.

I think Cindy gave the wrong brush because she could, and in her mind it gave her power.

Bolding by me:

ITA. Did you notice the number of statements CA has made in her interviews that have been highlighted, and the footnotes? IMO Yuri is at least keeping track of this stuff - just in case.

She also held onto the laundered pants and the credit card statements after being asked to bring them in.

Indeed. Cindy's credibility is damaged by this revelation. In the absence of having Casey's statements to rip apart on the witness stand, her mother is proving to be a worthy substitute.

Anything Cindy says under oath about her belief that Caylee is still alive can be attacked by pointing out her deceptive behavior with respect to evidence that would assist in the investigation.

The prosecutor will use this to full advantage.

In addition to controlling her verbal discrepancies, Cindy would be well advised to be more circumspect in her written correspondence. Although, too late now.

It is INTERESTING that Cindy would provide a shared brush with knowledge of another brush used only by Caylee being readily available. Is it probative? In a word, yes. It substantiates that while Cindy has publicly stated that she has done what she could to find her granddaughter and LE has done nothing, this is one instance where the work she made LE do was made difficult, and in the findings, proved only that the two hair samples were from related people. It tests the statements Cindy has made to demonstrate a likeliness for self-serving answers.

Is it criminal? I don't believe so. LE got a brush and performed tests on it which conclusively and with "statistical certainty" states the hair belongs to someone with the MtDNA of Cindy Anthony. We are then back to Cindy, her mother, her daughter and her son are all still accounted for, and only one person who shares this MtDNA is not.

Chilly is correct in one aspect: Criminally, Cindy did nothing wrong. Whoever it was waaaaaaay back earlier on who said it then became a matter of the SPIRIT of the law in Cindy complying is also correct. Cindy admits to not getting a brush she knows would be more beneficial to LE, but she DID provide one, so what's the big deal?

It comes down to how helpful is she truly being, considering her self-serving behavior as well as the protective statements of adoration she makes about her daughter. And sadly, she is not very helpful at all in the search for her granddaughter, and that my friends, is the bottom line.

The word devious comes to mind.

The account of her wanting to pass the dog's toothbrush instead of Caylee's brings to mind the word diabolical.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back