Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows, maybe the DA has the Cooper file and plans to indict very soon.

I've mentioned this before, and am not 100% sure about it, but my assumption is that the DA could have very well already done to the GJ to request an indictment in the NC (and even MY case for that matter), and been turned down (and/or told to bring some more).

[ In other words, we don't know for sure that the DA's office is the 'hold-up' all the time... they could very well be trying to get an indictment, but keep getting turned down by those sticklers on the GJ... :) ]

It might not be probable... but it is possible, isn't it? [ I assume, but not 100% sure, that all GJ indictment sessions are kept secret, including negative outcomes ]

The DA will never allow the cops to publicly call BC a POI or a suspect

For the time being at least, this position by the DA would seem to not hurt BC's chances in the upcoming custody hearing. In fact, it seems like it would help him quite a bit. BC's attorney: "Your honor, despite the warrants and initial hullabaloo, etc... he has not been arrested, named a suspect, or even a person of interest..."

Side-bar: Has the husband in either of the 2 recent (other) local tragedies been named suspect/POI... seems I recall at least one of them had. [ I still get confused as to why some are... some aren't... almost seems random sometimes whether they name someone or not before arrest...]

I've mentioned this before, and am not 100% sure about it, but my assumption is that the DA could have very well already done to the GJ to request an indictment in the NC (and even MY case for that matter), and been turned down (and/or told to bring some more).

[ In other words, we don't know for sure that the DA's office is the 'hold-up' all the time... they could very well be trying to get an indictment, but keep getting turned down by those sticklers on the GJ... :) ]

It might not be probable... but it is possible, isn't it? [ I assume, but not 100% sure, that all GJ indictment sessions are kept secret, including negative outcomes ]

JS...as of Tuesday at 1pm there had been nothing by the GJ. I was in an attorney's office :mad: and I brought this topic up and they called for me. I was also told if the DNA came back as a match and CPD wanted to move forward they could make an arrest without a GJ.

I'm slow, ain't I?
:beagle:

Well... at least I didn't repost the same link! lol

JS...as of Tuesday at 1pm there had been nothing by the GJ. I was in an attorney's office :mad: and I brought this topic up and they called for me

Thanks MT3... good to know. I didn't realize that GJ presentations (especially those that don't result in indictments) would necessarily be shared with the public. Just for my clarification - are you saying, you had an 'inside-connection' via your appointment at an attorneys office, and were able to confirm that no GJ requests had been made related to the Cooper case to date? (not questioning your statement here at all - just wanting to understand it). Thanks.

I sure wish some of you would go on WRAL to their comments site and put some of your incredible collections of information on there. That site seems to be no more than a collection of one-liners, mostly very mean. It upsets me that people are sitting there saying, "Go Brad!" and saying NC's friends are "busybodys" and "Cary hens." It almost seems crazy to me that there are actually people on there vilifying the victim and her friends!!! I am trying to fight the good fight, but then they turn on me and say I must go to the police with my so-called information and I must be one of the nosy neighbors. I don't have a problem in the world with a person who isn't convinced BC is guilty, but to post one-liners about people who are involved in the case and caring and helpful... it's almost more than I can take. Please, if any of you have the time, go on GOLO and put some real information on there for those people to digest! Maybe some of them will get a clue! Every time they post a story on WRAL about NC and we all live by the news, people go on there and say they are "so tired" of Amanda Lamb going to BC's door and "harassing him."

What is wrong with people??!

Thanks MT3... good to know. I didn't realize that GJ presentations (especially those that don't result in indictments) would necessarily be shared with the public. Just for my clarification - are you saying, you had an 'inside-connection' via your appointment at an attorneys office, and were able to confirm that no GJ requests had been made related to the Cooper case to date? (not questioning your statement here at all - just wanting to understand it). Thanks.
No, what I am saying is no indictments had been handed down for BC as of 1pm on Monday. I didn't say ones GJ heard and not given an indictment. Not saying one didn't come in after 2:30. We were told to check back, but I didn't.
HAHA...no inside connection. Just a paid attorney I should keep on payroll with these dang kids racking points up on insurance.

I sure wish some of you would go on WRAL to their comments site and put some of your incredible collections of information on there. That site seems to be no more than a collection of one-liners, mostly very mean. It upsets me that people are sitting there saying, "Go Brad!" and saying NC's friends are "busybodys" and "Cary hens." It almost seems crazy to me that there are actually people on there vilifying the victim and her friends!!! I am trying to fight the good fight, but then they turn on me and say I must go to the police with my so-called information and I must be one of the nosy neighbors. I don't have a problem in the world with a person who isn't convinced BC is guilty, but to post one-liners about people who are involved in the case and caring and helpful... it's almost more than I can take. Please, if any of you have the time, go on GOLO and put some real information on there for those people to digest! Maybe some of them will get a clue! Every time they post a story on WRAL about NC and we all live by the news, people go on there and say they are "so tired" of Amanda Lamb going to BC's door and "harassing him."

What is wrong with people??!
They are reacting to only what WRAL has put up. They have no idea what else is out there because of their tunnel vision.
Ignore them...they are not worth it.

They are reacting to only what WRAL has put up. They have no idea what else is out there because of their tunnel vision.
Ignore them...they are not worth it.

Maybe I'm just wanting to educate them... one thing I hate about the internet is people just get on and spew hate and whatever else they want just because they can be anonymous. People get used to that and take it into real life.

At least WRAL does some monitoring and won't let their worst words come through. I suppose I just have to stop going there. I had just hoped we could educate them, but you guys are so much more knowledgable about the case and I just get so emotionally involved that they think I am one of NC's friends! And take it as a bad thing and that I'm biased!

Thanks for the advice, Mom.

No, what I am saying is no indictments had been handed down for BC as of 1pm on Monday. I didn't say ones GJ heard and not given an indictment. Not saying one didn't come in after 2:30. We were told to check back, but I didn't.
HAHA...no inside connection. Just a paid attorney I should keep on payroll with these dang kids racking points up on insurance.

Okay - thanks. So while we know that no indictments have been issued in this case... we don't know for sure that no presentations have been put forth to the GJ in this case. [ ie, it's possible the DA has gone to the GJ on this one (and/ even the MY case for that matter), but been denied by the GJ due to lack of sufficient evidence... ]

You are correct in the direction you are headed. Some grand jury indictment sessions are kept "secret" in NC as are the presentment hearings to the grand jury. In these presentment cases the DA has the opportunity to present the case to be heard with the opportunity to get an indictment or to be told that they need to strengthen their cases in particular areas. No witnesses are called. No one is told outside the DA's office or LE involved on the case that it has taken place. BC would not be told. However, keep in mind that time and money would prevent the DA from presenting multiple times. I am not saying that they would never go back to GJ if told that they had a very good case but just needed one more thing, but they usually do not go until they are pretty sure they are ready to avoid having this happen.

Okay - thanks. So while we know that no indictments have been issued in this case... we don't know for sure that no presentations have been put forth to the GJ in this case. [ ie, it's possible the DA has gone to the GJ on this one (and/ even the MY case for that matter), but been denied by the GJ due to lack of sufficient evidence... ]
If the indictment is sealed you would not know if one was issued until it was acted upon.

ITA that patience and persistence may be the best course to ensure a conviction of the guilty party. The part that I find frustrating is that that may mean years that a child is raised by a murderer.:steamed: A few years are a good portion of any childhood.
Unfortunately this can and does happen. It is not right and it is not fair.

Double-murderer O.J. Simpson is one such example. His rel'p with his youngest daughter was particularly volatile, with her calling 911 on at least two occasions growing up. She was 9 when her mom was murdered. Now 24. F'd up and unhappy and was stuck with an emotionally abusive, narcissistic, drug-abusing, killer father. At least she's old enough to escape him now.

These killers screw up their kids lives forevermore with their selfish actions. The kids don't recover from having their mothers torn away from them. And then later, when they're older, they learn the truth about the nature of what happened to mommy.

You are correct in the direction you are headed. Some grand jury indictment sessions are kept "secret" in NC as are the presentment hearings to the grand jury. In these presentment cases the DA has the opportunity to present the case to be heard with the opportunity to get an indictment or to be told that they need to strengthen their cases in particular areas. No witnesses are called. No one is told outside the DA's office or LE involved on the case that it has taken place. BC would not be told. However, keep in mind that time and money would prevent the DA from presenting multiple times. I am not saying that they would never go back to GJ if told that they had a very good case but just needed one more thing, but they usually do not go until they are pretty sure they are ready to avoid having this happen.

Thanks - good info, and makes sense...

Thanks - good info, and makes sense...

I second jumpstreet, BirdHunter!

We can only hope that LE is just doing the best they can with what they have and there's enough dots and crosses for those i's and t's, to insure there's eventually justice for Nancy.

Hopefully sooner than later!

JMHO
fran

I second jumpstreet, BirdHunter!

We can only hope that LE is just doing the best they can with what they have and there's enough dots and crosses for those i's and t's, to insure there's eventually justice for Nancy.

Hopefully sooner than later!

JMHO
fran

Fran - thanks for your latest link above to 14 NBC. Seems Mark Sullivan hit the nail on the head : "Tell me everything you know so we won't be surprised at trial ". Interesting comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh