NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a theory:

Zahra was alive when they moved to Hickory. Soon after the move, EB began cooking meth at home. This is what the neighbors smelled that was so awful and that they had never smelled before. Zahra had to be kept locked up so that she wouldn't tell about the meth. Some time just a couple of days before she was reported missing, EB accidently killed her. Maybe she tried to get out, maybe she tried to call someone....in any event, EB killed her. She hid the death from AB until the morning of the mulch fire. When he started pestering to see Zahra, she wrote the ransom note. She realized that AB was going to find Zahra gone and needed an explanation.

If AB was in on the killing, what would have triggered the "discovery" of Zahra missing? AB could have just told anyone that he had sent her back to Australia. Only EB, working alone, needed to set up an abduction theory. EB may have had help disposing of the body. Her dealer/purchaser meth connection people may have been involved. If so, Zahra may never be found.

The bad smell was around the trailer park about 3 weeks ago. There was no bad smell noticed by neighbors in Hickory.

If they had been cooking meth in Hickory, those police dogs would have known. The officers would have known. There would be a strong smell of urine, or unusual chemical odors like ether, ammonia or acetone. There would have been other evidence, blackened windows, unusual ventilation. There is usually visible areas in the yard where chemicals have been dumped, or burn pits with chemical container remains, dead or dying vegetation.

There also would have been cooking equipment that would have been seized in the warrant.

JMO

Do any locals know if there have been any brush fires in the area lately, perhaps in seemingly remote locations..or are there any areas being cleared by a controlled burn?

Gas poured all over.....fire set to the B's mulch pile. LE took the gas cans....

It seems possible that whoever did this believes that gas and fire is the answer for a great many things. I have to wonder if there isn't another location where gas was dumped all over and a fire started.

If they switch a case (which they have) to a homicide case it's because they have enough evidence to know that the person is no longer alive. Mind you though, that is different than having enough evidence to know where the person is, or who did it.
Would the hits by the K-9's be enough for them to declare homicide?

Funny that when you look at the charges all the worthless check charges were in May 2009

5/10/09
5/11/09
5/15/09
5/16/09
5/20/09
5/21/09

Wonder what was going on in May 2009 - do we know where they were living then? That would have been the place right before the "attic" apt. They moved into the "attic" apt in 7/09 and stayed until 11/09

Boy the other night when I said they lived on the fringes of society - that was stating it lightly no?

IIRC, EB's family said the fights were over EB and AB living with her father and running up bills, then moving without paying them... would this about that time?

Wait, - the residence right before the "attic" apt would that not have been the place with the landlord "Mims" - the one that has a suit against them for unpaid rent?

So hard to keep up with these people - they moved quick!!! I can't imagine moving around that much - I have way too much stuff!!!!!!

They moved out of the apartment w/attic in Nov. 09
Then they moved into the trailer in Sawmills.
Then the house in Hickory.

IIRC

Would the hits by the K-9's be enough for them to declare homicide?

No, not generally. Generally it's in conjunction with something else. It's often the dogs that find said evidence, but you rarely hear that part. (Which is kind of a bummer, cuz the public seems to only hear about when dogs mess up anymore and there is a lot of the time when they are the ones that led the investigators to something that makes a break in the case!).

Thank you SARX! I wonder what else they have? We all know here how close LE can keep things. I'm wondering now if they actually have her leg? And what else did they find in those vehicles?

Plus them taking the whole bed the other day including the frame.

ETA: That chief was so visibly upset - if they did find her leg I would think that would be a "piece" that would bring a police chief to tears.

I hadn't realized that EB has previous criminal convictions on her record.

http://www.thestate.com/2010/10/13/1510129/case-of-missing-nc-girl-now-a.html

Court records show Elisa Baker has been charged with some two dozen criminal offenses since the early 1990s, most of them cases of worthless checks.

She has been convicted of passing worthless checks seven times, at stores such as Walmart, Lowe’s and a shoe store. She’s also been charged with about a dozen other worthless check offenses, including seven times at Food Lion and Bottom Dollar in 2009.

Now that's pretty bad if you have to use a worthless check at a Dollar store.

Just sayin....................

This woman is truly qualified for "low life" (can I say that? - mods please don't spank me)

Nothing new really but here are the articles out for 10/17

snip

Woman may have been last to see girl

Pat Adams worries she may have been one of the last people to see 10-year-old Zahra Baker alive.
A floor manager at a Hickory furniture store, Adams was working when Zahra came into the store on Sept. 25 with her stepmother and another woman, Adams said on Saturday.
"What made me notice her was she had a little hearing aid," she said. "She was a darling little girl. She had the cutest freckles."

More...

Ima

from that link

Police reviewed the store's security video for their homicide investigation and said it was the last day Zahra was seen by someone other than a family member.

Thot there was no camera footage from that?

I wonder about these conflicting stories???

Thank you SARX! I wonder what else they have? We all know here how close LE can keep things. I'm wondering now if they actually have her leg? And what else did they find in those vehicles?

Plus them taking the whole bed the other day including the frame.

ETA: That chief was so visibly upset - if they did find her leg I would think that would be a "piece" that would bring a police chief to tears.

I think we need to find solace in the fact that they do have evidence and that they are working to arrest and convict the monster who did this.

from that link

Police reviewed the store's security video for their homicide investigation and said it was the last day Zahra was seen by someone other than a family member.

???

They reviewed it and found that the camera was not on that day.

from that link

It's been reported that the cameras were NOT on that day.

Now I'm wondering who the 'other' woman was with SM and Zahra in the furniture store. Wouldn't she have been the last to see Zahra? TIA

from that link

Yes, we now have the video conundrum - first reports did specify the cameras weren't working - and, in the same article, this:

"Adams said around 11 a.m. two women walked towards the back of the store."

The "two women" problem. Did the salesperson just see SM and Z from behind and think Z was a grown-up? (She was over five feet tall.) Or was there another woman with SM, and, if so, who was that woman?

Or are both dilemmas explained by bad reporting and/or editing?

from that link

IIRC it was said there was a camera but it wasnt on at the time.

Now that's pretty bad if you have to use a worthless check at a Dollar store.

Just sayin....................

This woman is truly qualified for "low life" (can I say that? - mods please don't spank me)

What's really strange to me is the hold she seemingly had on AB. He paid for her trip to Australia, promptly married her, and followed her (with Zahra in tow) back to NC. Looking at her, I just have to shake my head...

Attachments

• EBtattoo.jpg
    EBtattoo.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics