UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
all I found was on twitter ,search called off police following up on credible leads.

They just interrupted local TV here in Salt Lake City to announce cops have called off the search. I posted the news link online a second ago.

Please let Ethan be ok. :(

No it doesn't sound good. LE would have said if he was found safe........

What on earth was causing this little child so much unrest and anxiety that he left his mom 5X in the middle of the night? Was he scared and, if so, where did they find him? I know it's said he was having a hard time adjusting, so my question is, what other behaviors did this child display showing his discontent with the situation? Maybe trying to leave in the middle of the night was safer for him than showing his fear during the day. He is only 4 1/2 - I'm having a hard time believing this is true? It sounds made up!! moo mho

What on earth was causing this little child so much unrest and anxiety that he left his mom 5X in the middle of the night? Was he scared and, if so, where did they find him? I know it's said he was having a hard time adjusting, so my question is, what other behaviors did this child display showing his discontent with the situation? Maybe trying to leave in the middle of the night was safer for him than showing his fear during the day. He is only 4 1/2 - I'm having a hard time believing this is true? It sounds made up!! moo mho

It's being reported that he's left home 5 times in the past few weeks. It hasn't been reported or mentioned that all 5 of those were in the middle of the night. Law enforcement is saying that each time he has wandered off, the mother has found him in the apartment complex area, just not IN their apartment (like, he may have went out to the playground, etc).

My gut tells me mom and step dad fessed up but LE hasn't recovered little Ethan yet.... my heart wants to scream please tell me mom made the whole thing up and Ethan was never missing..... but I know that is not true......

My gut also tells me this boy was probably missing much earlier than was reported. :(

My husband just called and told me there is a lot of police around Layton Hills mall, which is a few miles from the apartment. I know this is the area they have been searching earlier today (so, I'm not sure if the police are still there from that) but I just thought I'd post.

My husband just called and told me there is a lot of police around Layton Hills mall, which is a few miles from the apartment. I know this is the area they have been searching earlier today (so, I'm not sure if the police are still there from that) but I just thought I'd post.

Oh no. First thing that comes to mind is little Aveion Lewis...... :(

Not good at all...I am sure search would not be called off without new info...and since they are not saying he is found...

Are there any lakes or water he could have wandered into in that area?

I wondered the same thing. I could not see any small lakes, ponds or retention ponds from earlier posted maps. Also, it did not appear there were any wooded area's nearby where he could have gotten lost.

Locals keep us posted! I'm not finding anything online.....

No, there's not. It's a very commercial area. Hotels, the mall, the freeway, several shopping areas/restaurants, a hospital/urgent care clinic, etc. It's not very residential at all.

That's what is so baffling to me about this is if he really did wander off someone should have spotted him. It's a very commercial area. There's no lakes, woods, grassy parks, etc.

It IS really close to Hill Air Force base and I'd assume there's a water basin in there used for training but Hill Air Force base is completely fenced/guarded.

The nearest body of water I can think of is Adams Reservoir which is probably about 8 miles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk