GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
~ snipped ~
That's what kind of freaked me out....after "hearing" of possible dismemberment, that they still had their clothes on. I searched and searched and searched and searched yesterday for a video or photo I'd seen (yesterday) that showed one of the bodies on a gurney moving towards one of the hearses. It looked like an intact body to me unless investigators had just placed a covering over multiple bags causing it to appear an intact body. Sounds so graphic....sorry. Wish I had a link but it was something I saw briefly and was unable to locate it again.

My thought on this (disturbing) subject is, that I don't think they were dismembered. The reasoning I'm leaning on is that Sheriff Barber was asked yesterday, if the victims were bound. You can see him pause and think, then answer "I don't think so" and he got a little emotional (assumption of mine is because he had to rethink the images in his mind). When asked specifically about whether they were, he dismissed the question quickly, saying that's for the coroner to say. But I think he was irritated by the insensitivity of the question. And he did say that they were clothed, which makes no sense if they were dismembered.

At least I'm hoping I'm right.

I apologize for jumping the gun in my last post about squirrels and trees. I had been out for several hours and missed all the news and posts that occurred while I was gone. It has now taken me almost four hours to catch up.

Obviously I overestimated MSM again in thinking that publishing photos of the tree would be too morbid or tasteless. I really should have known better. :doh: So, it seems I was mistaken in my opinion that the bodies were not dropped from a height. I got that impression from Sheriff Barber's response at yesterday presser when he used the words "hollow towards the base".

For those who speculated on why the tree was completely cut down today, the answer is in this article. I don't believe that there is much evidence to be gained from that tree (the bodies were in garbage bags) and I also don't believe it was done out of respect. If LE wanted to go that route, they wouldn't have allowed the media to take photos of it. Without those pics, it was just another tree among thousands.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_7784.shtml?wap=0

Somewhere else I read a similar reason and that deer could be hurt if it fell.

What a devious, unique place to hide four bodies (Tanner). MH is one sick puppy!

Since it was said that this bush was so dense that a vehicle couldn't get within 100 feet of it, it seems as if there would be hundreds of trees, some very similar. How did LE find this particular tree? Even with MH's instructions, it would be hard to spot one among so many. I'm wondering if MH left some sort of marker near this tree. An arrangement of rocks, perhaps, or a small article of clothing or tape. He may have been planning to revisit the site, had he not been arrested.I'm sitting on the fence with the dismemberment issue. I agree with the poster that it conflicts with the clothes being on the bodies. It would have made more sense to remove the clothes before attempting such a horrific task. I'm also skeptical about it because of the shape of the wrapped bodies both on the ground and when they were being put into the hearses. They do look intact and I can't imagine the ME disturbing such important evidence until they reached the coroner's table. But I could be wrong.

JMO

R.I.P.
Kody, Steph, and Tina

BBM - Beech trees are the perfect tree for carving initials, etc in the bark. They can also live for hundreds of years even though they are hollow. MH could have marked that tree.....

What a devious, unique place to hide four bodies (Tanner). MH is one sick puppy!

QUOTE]

My first thought when I read this, was to agree. On second thought, what if it isn't all that unique? How many missing people have not been recovered? Maybe not many ended up this way, but maybe a few or so. *shiver*
Matthew Hoffman is a scary one to me. The signs were there and getting stronger sounds like. Many people had "concerns" about him yet....who could they have reported their concerns to and was there enough "reason" to take a closer look at him? I have a feeling there's several folks that had regular dealings with him that are thanking their lucky dang stars they're still around to look at the stars tonight.

I, too have been searching for the past hour for photos of the tree that I know that I saw last night..and cannot find them ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!

I know I did not dream up these pix...or did I?

It was a pic looking strait on at the tree{not an aerial pic..one taken on the ground standing directly in front of the tree}..Fairly close, as its mainly the trunk of the tree that is visible in this pic.. and there were 3-4 large and filled black garbage bags that seemed to be tied off shut at the top that were in front of the tree and visible in this same pic...

Does anyone else remember seeing this pic?

Is there a picture the tree - the one the bodies were in before LE chopped the tree down?

there may be a presser tomorrow w/ autopsy results per Matt B. (610 WNTV) talking on NG tonite.

Could get a press conference as early as tomorrow on autopsy, watching NG opps

psychologist on NG says she doesn't believe that Hoffman really meant he was "relieved" LE found Sarah.

He gave up location of remains in exchange for DP

Most likely for evidence at the trial.

Probably also to keep people from fooling around with it and being generally disrespectful, I would guess. (these posts refer to them cutting the tree down)

million dollar cash bond, no guarantee of dp off the table

Matt B. (on NG) talking about Bobby Cutts still got DP even tho he led LE to Jessie's body

wow, could have used tarp to drag victims through the woods, makes sense

Nancy G show explaining allot tonight.
autospies done today.
GJ needs COD and to tie MH to the 3.
MH releived when cops raided his home.
Told mom so Sarah could be found???
He is a sexual saddist.
MH has him on suicide watch, extra precaution.
All killed in the home, tarp, garbage bags found at home
and tarp found in woods.
receipt was found and helped get Sarah.
Maybe receipt was at the victims home.
Lots of blood found in victim's home.

Let's pray no other killer copy cats this guy hiding place of murder victims.
I keep wondering about KYRON...........

That makes sense to me as I have used a tarp to drag wood, manure and straw from cleaning barns, so much easier than taking trips via a wheel barrow.

Nancy G show explaining allot tonight.
autospies done today.
GJ needs COD and to tie MH to the 3.
MH releived when cops raided his home.
Told mom so Sarah could be found???He is a sexual saddist.
MH has him on suicide watch, extra precaution.
All killed in the home, tarp, garbage bags found at home
and tarp found in woods.
receipt was found and helped get Sarah.
Maybe receipt was at the victims home.
Lots of blood found in victim's home.

Where did this come from?

tia

Still the question of the link between him and the victims? That is huge question for me as well as many of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88