SC SC - April Deboy, 21, Greer, 30 Jan 2001 *husband arrested*

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
Look out Raven, Jason and all the others that think they've gotten away with murder (IMO):

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=43504

Deputies say 40-year-old David DeBoy was arrested Friday and charged with murder in the death of April DeBoy.

April DeBoy's body was found in her apartment in February 2001. (more at link)

(New information from witnesses led to the arrest)

Look out Raven,

So strange, when I saw your thread title I thought of that case right away, I was so hopeful it was him (even though I realize now it hasn't been 5 years, though it seems like it)! I can't believe he is still walking the streets! :(

So strange, when I saw your thread title I thought of that case right away, I was so hopeful it was him (even though I realize now it hasn't been 5 years, though it seems like it)! I can't believe he is still walking the streets! :(

I didn't know if WS was around 5 years ago when this happened. I searched for the name. Are you familiar with the case? There sure wasn't a lot of info in the article!

http://www.wyff4.com/news/478133/detail.html

Woman Found Dead In Apartment
Deputies Say It Could Be A Month Before Cause Of Death Determined

and current:

http://www.wyff4.com/news/10174576/detail.html

April Annette Deboy had been dead for more than a week when her body was found in her apartment at the Polos at Hudson Corners in February 2001.

An autopsy showed that Deboy, who worked as an exotic dancer, had been strangled.

"Sometimes the victims or the witnesses are not scared anymore to come forward," Hildebrand said. "They feel as years go by they're able to talk more freely to the sheriff's office."

I didn't know if WS was around 5 years ago when this happened. I searched for the name. Are you familiar with the case? There sure wasn't a lot of info in the article!

No, but I am familiar with Janet's case, one of my daughter's is heavily involved in club/cup soccer and I first found out about and became interested in Janet's case through that. I so hope for justice for her, one sweet day.

I just hope all the rest of these cases get justice soon.

I wonder why it took so long to prove DeBoy did it?

Hope springs!

tearsforJanet.jpg

I just hope all the rest of these cases get justice soon.

I wonder why it took so long to prove DeBoy did it?

Quote: Master Deputy Michael Hildebrand says the arrest came about in part because of new information from witnesses.

Quote: Master Deputy Michael Hildebrand says the arrest came about in part because of new information from witnesses.

I know, but I still wonder WHY! What enabled someone to talk, and who was it? A mistress, now ex-gf, perhaps?

Someone knew all this time and finally got up the nerve to tell. Yay for them, whoever it was!

I hope this creep enjoyed those 5 years of freedom because they are the last he is going to see. Poor April laying in her apartment for 9 days! Didn't she have friends or family who missed her? That's a long time for nobody to check on her. I'm also glad that someone decided to come forward even if it was 5 years later. Now there will be justice for April.

I hope this creep enjoyed those 5 years of freedom because they are the last he is going to see. Poor April laying in her apartment for 9 days! Didn't she have friends or family who missed her? That's a long time for nobody to check on her. I'm also glad that someone decided to come forward even if it was 5 years later. Now there will be justice for April.

Don't you wish we knew all the facts like we do in some current cases?!

I wonder if he lied to the family for those 9 days, saying she went out of town or something.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/478133/detail.html from this link
April was 21-year-old woman who was found dead in her apartment Tuesday. A friend had called the Sheriff's Department to say that he hadn't seen April Deboy in about a week.
Her 3-year-old son is with his father, DeBoy's ex-husband, and another article said she had no family in the area.
a 35 yr old man marries a 18 yr old and they have a child together. divorce and she ends up dead. Funny how Deboys didn't check on her since he had to have noticed that she didn't pick up the son or call about visitation?

I just want to clarify to everyone, April does have family that cares.

David Randall DeBoy was charged with her murder only after her family complained to the Greenville County Sheriff Dept. that the "cold case" team was not active in solving this murder at the 5 year anniversary. He went to jail and the charges were eventually dropped against him although he is still the prime suspect. We, April's family, all believe he killed her and as long as he is alive we will continue to pursue this until justice prevails for April!

(sorry it took so long....but the website popped up in a google search and I didn't even know it was there.)

April Annette DeBoy would have turned 30 years old April 28th, 2009

Welcome to WS Aprilsfamily. I'm very sorry for your loss. I was unaware of April until I saw that you had posted today. I'm sure that you miss her every day. God bless you.

Thank you... Yesterday was her birthday and I always search the internet for any information. The avatar is actually a picture of April taken in 1999. When I figure out how to use this site maybe I can change it around.

Welcome! Prayers for you and your family. I hadn't heard of this case, I just recently began following crime cases when I became obsessed with Caylee Anthony.

I would like to read up on what happened to April, do you have a site that you recommend?

Let us know if you need any help working on any aspect of this case. We have some awesome members that can uncover a lot of information or give a fresh perspective.

So this guy was released but still a suspect? I thought new witnesses came forward and that is why he is now in jail. I'm really confused I think.

So this guy was released but still a suspect? I thought new witnesses came forward and that is why he is now in jail. I'm really confused I think.

I hope they come back, I have questions!

David DeBoy was indeed released from jail. The Greenville County Sheriffs Dept. did not even let us know this was about to happen much less a possibility that it could happen. Thanks to April's friends in Greenville, we were directed to a county jail web-page listing his projected release.

David DeBoy had been arrested after a good size article was published in the Greenville Newspaper about 5 years going by and still no arrest and no answers. We were always just being told the COLD CASE TEAM had the case now and are working on it. That's it! There have been several articles in the newspaper there. (www.greenvillenewsonline.com) I don't think their archives go back that far. I couldn't find them although I have actually read them.
The charges were dropped in December 2006.

A few more facts:
April and David were about 1 month shy of finalizing the divorce. The hold-up was custody issues. David wanted residential custody and it had been determined in court that their son Tyler would reside with April, and David would have plenty of visitation. They were not divorced at the time of her death. Therefore, David had all rights as to where April would be buried and so on....She is buried in an unmarked grave and her family can not have a marker put there without David's permission which David will not allow! David has custody of Tyler and April's family has not seen him since she died. And, because they were not final yet on the divorce, David received everything that belonged to April.
It was known to everyone that knew April, David was extremely abusive. This is documented in police records.

Post any questions you have and we will try to answer them. Thanks everyone for all the interest. We will never give up!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back