LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
CajunCoDe, me too (initial thought). But I don't know the area.

I can see several scenarios.

WRT (with regard to) someone watching her and pouncing when the time was rite (stranger or acquaintance), I still think someone may have played to her love of animals. Sure, it was 1am-ish, but apparently it's not uncommon for many people to be out and about that late, in that area. And any area could have someone taking their dog for the last walk of the day.

I still think accident or hit-and-run, but maybe that is becuz I prefer to think of the best case scenarios where she could still be alive and rescued. From everything said about her from those that know her, to me, voluntarily missing is the least likely.

I wish that LE would do a door-to-door search, starting with her likeliest route home from BW's, and then on the likeliest alternate routes.

I am thinking of a case in Illinois of a husband and wife. Husband died at scene. She walked off into the snow and for a distance and died. It took them quite a while to find her and she was in a formal red gown.

I suppose there might be an area where Mickey could have wrecked, left her bike and it was stolen or picked up her bike and walked off and is laying lost and injured....:please: Find Mickey
JMO
Yes, I followed that case from Day 1. Some differences were that the husband (RIP) had a high BAC, their vehicle hit a pole, and there was a snow blizzard that nite and afterwards. There had been searchers (when weather allowed) but they didn't find her until enough snow had melted. Really sad case as they had several young to teen children. She (RIP) had an ironic, poignant recent or last post on her FB, as well.

Possible, blow to the side of the head caused a slow bleed. Unfortunately if that were the case, I would think whoever found the bike would say something and we have nothing yet! I just hope we don't have another serial killer on the loose!

Oh, Isabelle, I hope not, too. I live in BR and lived through Derrick Todd Lee and Sean Vincent Gillis. Scary time is an understatement....

I'm in! I'll donate when I get home!

Am sure this isn't allowed, but I do think it is very relevant.

I don't recall Tim Miller being in Louisiana for a search in the past (I could be wrong or was just not aware of any).

Would like to let Mr. Miller and his crews know how welcome they are here and that we as Louisianians appreciate them.

Am challenging all my Louisiana friends to donate to TES $10+. Are we on Louisiana and our other WS friends!?? I am!

We can donate as individuals but as representatives of Web Sleuths. In order to use the brand name one must first get permission.

2 cents
Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here,

I do not suspect BW of this, just does not fit the profile in my opinion/gut feeling of someone capable of harming someone in this fashion.

I first came to this websleuths site because of something close to my home in Indiana, the Lauren Spierer case.
==============================

I clipped the above because the post was quite long. This is my reply.

If you get a chance do compare Holly Bobo, Lauren Spierer and Micky. It is amazing.

The three are blonde, blue eyes, about 110 and 5'1". All about 21 and all disappeared without a trace.

I think it was JVM or NG that showed the three girls pictures. Wow.

I had read somewhere where a person was talking about the similarities and also mentioned a kelly bordeaux (sp?)

Yes, I followed that case from Day 1. Some differences were that the husband (RIP) had a high BAC, their vehicle hit a pole, and there was a snow blizzard that nite and afterwards. There had been searchers (when weather allowed) but they didn't find her until enough snow had melted. Really sad case as they had several young to teen children. She (RIP) had an ironic, poignant recent or last post on her FB, as well.

It was very sad. I'm trying to recall their name because I have forgotten how far she walked but it was outside the grid search. The accident occurred in the country on basically flat land that was not wooded but rather empty fields.
In that case there was speculation she had run off or been abducted by a random perp after the accident. Also she had left a lone slipper by the roadside.

I am baffled by the lack of evidence and or LE not being able to give anything to the public in Mickeys case. I wasnt fond of Occams Razor (sp?) when I first joined WS but I try to keep it in the forefront of my thoughts.

The simplest explanation is what?

JMO

Schmidty - I used to love the hot dogs from that place! 15-20 years ago when I was in high school. I'm not sure if they are still as good, I don't eat hot dogs anymore.

-------

I really don't think she took Souvenier Gate, because I think it would be dangerous on a bike especially at night.

-------

I know what they are saying about the footage from cameras at night. The video from where my husband works is on the route facing the street but there's a field in between and all you could see were the blur of headlight from the vehicles. You couldn't even really tell what type of vehicle they were or what lane they were in, but it did show that there was a good amount of vehicle traffic down that road at that time. I certainly couldn't see any pedestrians or bikers.

Oh, Isabelle, I hope not, too. I live in BR and lived through Derrick Todd Lee and Sean Vincent Gillis. Scary time is an understatement....

Am in Baton Rouge too. Think it might be time to get a new mace and dust off my gun!

We can donate as individuals but as representatives of Web Sleuths. In order to use the brand name one must first get permission.

We wouldn't have to donate as WS reps, it was meant to be a challenge, i.e., 'match me'!

So - where is she? This is driving me nuts. Do you guys think she's going to be found soon, or is this going to be one of those mysteries that stay unsolved, and will be remembered in a few years only on the anniversaries of her disappearance. Good Lord I hope not.

Hoping MS was having some problems maybe with school and had to get away, rather than face them and her family. Nothing else matters when a child is missing. Any problelm/s can be solved, the only important thing is that the child is found safe! God I hope she is alright.

Hi, I've just read all three threads regarding this case, partly because I live about 40 minutes from Lafayette, (its where we small towners frequently shop/eat/play), so everyone near is afraid & concerned, and also because she seems like such a likable, sweet girl. Prayers for her family.
But what I was wondering, is anyone else curious about BW's supposed GF? What were her feelings about the seemingly very close friendship he had with MS? Where was she the night MS was hanging out with her BF til 2am? I definitely don't mean to sound accusatory, it's just another thought on someone who, by default, knew MS pretty well...and possibly her comings & goings. Like I said, I'm totally just curious! I hope it doesn't offend anyone who may know them.

to PJcitizen:

Yes, for 39 cents each! I don't eat them anymore either but those fresh-made Langlinais buns were worth the wait. :)

Welcome to WebSleuths, Findmickey. Of what blinking lights are you speaking?

If someone was driving drunk (say with a passenger) and hit her, maybe they stopped and they 2 ppl checked on her. Say her injuries were critical. The driver could have panicked and thought "I cannot get caught/arrested for this!". They scoop her and her bike up. If (God forbid), she died, they could have decided to hide/bury her somewhere. A very selfish person would justify in their mind that nothing they do could bring her back, and confessing would only lead to them getting in BIG trouble.

I fell off my bike once, and was literally lying in the street when a driver then ran over my bike. This person missed me by INCHES. My bike was crumpled and wrecked....but it's not like there were bike parts strewn about. If this scenario (or something similar) played out....I don't think there necessarily would be broken reflectors scattered about as evidence. If she had her purse on her "cross-body" style, it also would not necessarily have fallen off of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998