Ruslana Korshunova plunges to her death in New York

Meyahna

Reaction score
Website
meyahna.tripod.com
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...shunova-plunges-to-her-death-in-New-York.html

Ruslana Korshunova plunges to her death in New York

By Catherine Elsworth in Los Angeles
Last Updated: 11:09PM BST 29/06/2008

A 20-year-old model who appeared on the covers of fashion magazines and graced international catwalks has died after apparently leaping from her ninth floor flat in New York.

model-404_683235c.jpg

AP
Ruslana Korshunova fell from her ninth-storey apartment

Ruslana Korshunova was found dead outside her downtown Manhattan building on Saturday afternoon after eyewitnesses described seeing a body plunge from a balcony.

I thought I would post it some were wondering about Heather Locklear being depressed but same for that girl, you wouldn't think someone so young and pretty and also apparently quite well off would be depressed. What a pity. I often think if I had been prettier my whole life would have been brighter but such things make me wonder. Models can live a very lonely and superficial life though, not so much feelings there I think.

What a stunning beauty she was. I wonder what in her life made her so unhappy?

I thought I would post it some were wondering about Heather Locklear being depressed but same for that girl, you wouldn't think someone so young and pretty and also apparently quite well off would be depressed. What a pity. I often think if I had been prettier my whole life would have been brighter but such things make me wonder. Models can live a very lonely and superficial life though, not so much feelings there I think.

Mental illness is not logical.

I am haunted by her extraordinary eyes. What a tragic loss. I wish she could have reached out and gotten professional help. We never know the pain another person is feeling, whether supermodel, actress, co-worker or stranger. I hope that one day there will be an end to overwhelming depression, which often does not respond well to anti-depressants for quite a while, if at all. It is such a debilitating disorder, and this young woman's suicide is an example of its most extreme devastation.
Maria

I saw this last night and it is sooo sad. She had so much to live for, so much to give, so much going for herself, and she didn't even know it.

I guess this just proves........... beauty isn't everything,...........bless her soul.

:(
fran

I saw this last night and it is sooo sad. She had so much to live for, so much to give, so much going for herself, and she didn't even know it.

I guess this just proves........... beauty isn't everything,...........bless her soul.

:(
fran
Isn't that the truth? It is so sad...and she WAS A BEAUTY!!!:eek:

It is a strange way for a woman to kill herself. Studies show that women tend to choose methods of suicide that are not as violent. I have to wonder if it was symbolic. She was a beauty, her looks were what got her where she was, obviously her looks are the first thing people noticed about her so i wonder if her jumping and disfiguring herself was planned and thought out statement.

It is very sad. It just goes to show you that beauty and money does not lead to happiness. but my god was she beautiful or what?

It is a strange way for a woman to kill herself. Studies show that women tend to choose methods of suicide that are not as violent. I have to wonder if it was symbolic. She was a beauty, her looks were what got her where she was, obviously her looks are the first thing people noticed about her so i wonder if her jumping and disfiguring herself was planned and thought out statement.
I wondered the same thing.

I saw this yesterday, its so sad. Poor thing.

" Look around you everyday , there are beautiful woman everywhere you go. Making your beauty what defines you is a cut-throat soul eating existence for the most part."

I forget who said that (well close to that) but it always sticks with me when "one of the beautiful people" have trauma in their lives. Sad...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back