jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 10TH DAY #54 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The state does not want them admitted.....after reading their argument which was lengthy IMO it is almost like they acknowledge them to be true,

Herein lies the problem from what I see, Jodi does not have original and will not disclose who sent them to her electronically...It almost seems like the state does acknowledge that these are indeed letters written by Travis but in their opinion will not help Jodi in self defense and would further tarnish Travis reputation. In them Travis allegedly describes fantasy or prior activities that he could have been arrested for, however since there was no charges the state does not want them in.

They are also worried that his writings could have been doctored.

I do not think they will get in unless they are able to provide originals or at least how they came into Jodi's possession.

i don't think they're true, but they're inflammatory and prejudicial. that's what i read in the state's reasoning. i read somewhere else that an FBI expert said they weren't real and HER OWN attorneys withdrew them, so that says to me they knew they were false. i wish i could find where we covered this but i can't.

and in all this time she never produced originals-----hmmmm....wonder why?

minor4th understood the issue and explained it well.

"good night little boy" she says to travis on the sex tape. odd to say to someone you believed had a problem with pedophilia.:banghead:

She is currently unemployed as are many Americans. She was talking about a job interview she'd just had the day I met her. She's been open about her dream to get back in to some kind of journalism as this is what her degree is in. She's worked in journalism before, has been a host on some kind of local TV show, has worked on political campaigns and her dream was to once become a prosecutor so she's been talking to Beth etc. about going back to law school.

Like many people being unemployed I imagine she has some kind of savings or support to help her through this period. She is by no means "lazy" or anything like that.

She is very interested in this trial, very concerned about the victim's family and Dr. Drew has taken an interest in her (I mean as a court watcher) so made her his regular Dr. Drew's Juror. He could switch among different viewers daily but as his producer told me "he really likes her perspective". She's still juggling her search for employment with this incredible opportunity to be involved, on TV, with her huge passion. She's been watching trials, like many of us have, on her own for a long time.

I personally think she has a natural poise on Dr. Drew. I was a nervous wreck sitting next to her but she's just naturally comfortable and it shows.

She turned 27 last week.

And she joined Websleuths this week and is going to post (I think) on the court observer thread.

I hope posts like this don't scare her away. She talked about, having read some snarky posts on here about her after joining, that she'd have to develop a thick skin. I assured her the moderators wouldn't allow people to jump her here.

How about we consider she is using this unfortunate period of her life being unemployed to be doing a service by getting up at 5am every day to get to the court to get in line with everyone else to navigate the fruits and nuts who also show up, in order to get in there and at least for one reason to "report" back what she's seeing in there. And she is definitely in the camp of the prosecution and being she's not a professional journalist, like the rest of us Joe Nobody court watchers, has the privilege to show her bias.

Everyone who meets katie in court, that I've interacted with directly, likes her. She's a sweet gal. Unlike me, she's nice to everyone in there.

I can see where she might push people's buttons because she's opinionated, outspoken and drop dead gorgeous.

If her goal is to be a broadcast journalist, this is the PERFECT way to use her unemployed time! I can't think of a better portfolio piece for her. And the camera certainly loves her. Please send her all our best. She's definitely going to make it in TV!

JA says she gets scrambled when men are yelling at her and I am assuming under stress...........then she says when TA chased her she went straight for the gun!!!!!!! Give me a break!!!

yes-yes this is what i was thinking too - she can't think straight under stress--when being yelled at--or body slammed & chased but she has the presence of mind to go get a "hidden" gun?

She is going to say that Travis told her never to write anything negative because it goes against the "laws of attraction" (they both read and liked the book "the secret").

OR......

She is going to say he demanded to check her diary and she let him read it, so she couldn't write that stuff down.

By that same token, wouldn't Travis' texts (and possibly emails) which contained negative stuff towards her be a violation of the "laws of attraction"? If so, would this not debunk her story about the "laws" and Travis' theory about them?

The state does not want them admitted.....after reading their argument which was lengthy IMO it is almost like they acknowledge them to be true,

Herein lies the problem from what I see, Jodi does not have original and will not disclose who sent them to her electronically...It almost seems like the state does acknowledge that these are indeed letters written by Travis but in their opinion will not help Jodi in self defense and would further tarnish Travis reputation. In them Travis allegedly describes fantasy or prior activities that he could have been arrested for, however since there was no charges the state does not want them in.

I do not think they will get in unless they are able to provide originals or at least how they came into Jodi's possession.

Here is the problem: Jodi admittedly hacked into Travis email, phone and everything else she could. She had his passwords, etc. How do you know, how could anyone know if Travis wrote or sent electronic letters to Jodi? She is quite clever and likely sent that crap to herself. I say this is a no win for both sides.

Amen KCL -- I've been unemployed since 2008 (various health reasons) and no one should be judging another poster (besides it being against TOS). I would love love love to sit in a courtroom during the day. Instead, I sit here with you fine folks behind my computer.

I watched Katie on Dr. Drew - she will go far :)

Hugs,

Mel

I keep thinking she's going to somehow get "discovered" through this opportunity. I'm sure she's rolling the dice and taking these weeks to keep putting herself out there in this way, in this venue, around all of these people to see what she may glean from it. It's an incredible opportunity and yes, how dreams often come true. I kind of "fell in to" my career I have right now which is a dream job (offering me the flexibility to get to court too!).

I told her when she gets famous I hope she remembers I was sitting right there next to her the first time Dr.D's producer approached her. I know I will always remember it!

They won't come in for defense as the judge has ruled on them to keep them out. However, it appears Matt had written them for Jodi according to reports recently. This is why JM is asking Jodi about Matt betraying her. It appears JM is letting Jodi know they already know who wrote those letters and the fact that the magazines are in confirms it. She clearly was sending him a message that he messed up with his interview with her attorney.

What I do not understand is that there was a hearing and the magazines were there and in evidence at that hearing so why is it that Nurmi acts as if he has never seen them? There is more to the story. We just have not heard it all yet. jmo

i don't think they're true, but they're inflammatory and prejudicial. that's what i read in the state's reasoning. i read somewhere else that an FBI expert said they weren't real and HER OWN attorneys withdrew them, so that says to me they knew they were false. i wish i could find where we covered this but i can't.

and in all this time she never produced originals-----hmmmm....wonder why?

minor4th understood the issue and explained it well.

Didn't they withdraw them before the court ruled? If so, perhaps they are going to try again to get them in and delay the trial further? jmo

She is currently unemployed as are many Americans. She was talking about a job interview she'd just had the day I met her. She's been open about her dream to get back in to some kind of journalism as this is what her degree is in. She's worked in journalism before, has been a host on some kind of local TV show, has worked on political campaigns and her dream was to once become a prosecutor so she's been talking to Beth etc. about going back to law school.

Like many people being unemployed I imagine she has some kind of savings or support to help her through this period. She is by no means "lazy" or anything like that.

She is very interested in this trial, very concerned about the victim's family and Dr. Drew has taken an interest in her (I mean as a court watcher) so made her his regular Dr. Drew's Juror. He could switch among different viewers daily but as his producer told me "he really likes her perspective". She's still juggling her search for employment with this incredible opportunity to be involved, on TV, with her huge passion. She's been watching trials, like many of us have, on her own for a long time.

I personally think she has a natural poise on Dr. Drew. I was a nervous wreck sitting next to her but she's just naturally comfortable and it shows.

She turned 27 last week.

And she joined Websleuths this week and is going to post (I think) on the court observer thread.

I hope posts like this don't scare her away. She talked about, having read some snarky posts on here about her after joining, that she'd have to develop a thick skin. I assured her the moderators wouldn't allow people to jump her here.

How about we consider she is using this unfortunate period of her life being unemployed to be doing a service by getting up at 5am every day to get to the court to get in line with everyone else to navigate the fruits and nuts who also show up, in order to get in there and at least for one reason to "report" back what she's seeing in there. And she is definitely in the camp of the prosecution and being she's not a professional journalist, like the rest of us Joe Nobody court watchers, has the privilege to show her bias.

Everyone who meets katie in court, that I've interacted with directly, likes her. She's a sweet gal. Unlike me, she's nice to everyone in there.

I can see where she might push people's buttons because she's opinionated, outspoken and drop dead gorgeous.

If she's the one that was on Dr Drew the other day then...wow! So articulate and intelligent.

I don't think this has to do with the fraud pedo letters, i think this is the email travis wrote her when he goes off on her for the last time about invading his property, stalking etc. If these letters come out it will look bad on Jodi's behalf. I don't think the defense would want a letter like this to come in, hence the notice to preclude the letters.

I really wish they would allow the 18 page letter to mum mum in. If she had the nerve to write that woman details of his murder using the Ninja's as her stand in then I would convict her soley for that. Its crazy how she says she can't remember stabbing him but feels that his family should know his last words thoughts and what the ninja's did to Travis. For someone who was only showed her foot and travis bleeding on the ground, she seems to remember a lot. How could she lie to fit the evidence when only one pic shows her foot and Travis? i hope juan calls her out on that and play the interrogation again. I say let the 18pg manifesto in :furious:

BBM. I found that one of the most savage and chilling things she has said to date. It seemed like she went on and on about how she wanted his family to know the details of his murder.

That is just so cruel and inhuman and she is completely oblivious. She thinks it is showing that she is compassionate. To me, it is showing that she is a cold-blooded psycho killer with no empathy.

Yes, I am thinking the State wants to use those letters against JA.

http://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/tag/jodi-arias/

...August 4, 2011 Jodi tried to get someone to lie…Matt McCartney! Jodi tried to pass 2 magazines to supporter, Ann Campbell (read, she’d pass them on to Matt McCartney).

The magazines contained a message to Matt written in the margins of the magazine.

The whole reason this came up even though the forged letters were tossed is because on direct, Nurmi opened the door wide and all Martinez had to do was walk through it....

After JA says one of her, "I'm not saying that" I wish Juan Martinez would ask her, "what are you saying" and then just let her talk LOL I know, we would all be here forever

What would you like to be Mr. Martinez' opening question this morning?

How about:

'Ready Ma'am? Water? Revised script memorized?' :floorlaugh:

She turned 27 last week.

Look forward to all your posts trial watchers! And if she is going into journalism, she'll need thick skin ..... just look at what folks say about Jean as an example! Love both of you when y'all appear on tv too!

I am so sick of listening to her "Aaron" ... I so wish Juan would draw out her "Roy".

Clips from Primal Fear, in case anyone doesn't get the reference ;)

Prepping Aaron:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYLokGkYl4E&list=PL0F3B26A285F16F12&index=2

Meeting Roy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyGbtYaVcaA

WARNING: If you haven't seen the movie and want to, don't watch this clip from the end of the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbaW0HZ_Qy8&list=PL0F3B26A285F16F12&index=9

excellent - thanks for posting this reminder...

If her goal is to be a broadcast journalist, this is the PERFECT way to use her unemployed time! I can't think of a better portfolio piece for her. And the camera certainly loves her. Please send her all our best. She's definitely going to make it in TV!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if instead of attorney's and talking heads, Drew would feature websleuthers who are really analyzing this trial. 3 new ones every night. I would watch like crazy.

By that same token, wouldn't Travis' texts (and possibly emails) which contained negative stuff towards her be a violation of the "laws of attraction"? If so, would this not debunk her story about the "laws" and Travis' theory about them?

Of course, she doesn't really think two steps ahead, she gives answers that get her out of a particular predicament, but doesn't think through the logic after that.

Seems that the Door Frame head banging by Travis would be evident in the autopsy,no? Bruising, swelling. jmo

Here is the problem: Jodi admittedly hacked into Travis email, phone and everything else she could. She had his passwords, etc. How do you know, how could anyone know if Travis wrote or sent electronic letters to Jodi? She is quite clever and likely sent that crap to herself. I say this is a no win for both sides.

The letters are hand-written but they were sent to JA electronically while she was in prison or some such time by an unknown person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes