Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The affidavit includes info from Gagnon.
Yes, Ray Gagnon is singing like a caged animal and willing to give up MJ...IMO because he did not actually kill her. I had a strong feeling when I read that last affidavit that it would be the case. Ray didn't want a Murder One charge. He is willing to take the child *advertiser censored* and other host of charges...but not that one.

Someone(can't find it right now) earlier had posted a video of the uncle in court..remember his eyes were wild and creepy?? I bet then he was already going for an "Insanity defense'

R.I.P Brooke

AR told LE that the uncle had told Brooke they were going to 'party.' I think she was waiting around town for AR and the uncle to return.

I think I agree with you, in that something most likely happened the night before. At least, to my inexperienced eyes, Brooke looked a bit distressed at the convenience store, arms crossed protectively in front of her body. She was way too quick to take off the opposite direction once outside the door as well.

That's the part that has me stumped. Why did the uncle take her into the store and have them each walk out separate ways, not even turning to say good-bye? For the benefit of the camera? For an alibi?

Premeditation of what was to come?

Heck, even AR said he threw out his coffee.

JMHO
fran

I don't know if he planned to kill her but he certainly planned to rape her. These people thought they could cover their tracks...they always think they are so smart. I hope someone can get to them, so they can know the fear that Brooke felt. I am praying for Brooke's family.

An Insanity defense won't fly here. Premeditated murder with careful preparation, plotting, and years of sexual assaults will be enough to prevent it from being used. His prior conviction of sexual assault and kidnapping will come into play, too. That alone proves he wasn't insane then either.

AR told LE that the uncle had told Brooke they were going to 'party.' I think she was waiting around town for AR and the uncle to return.

I think I agree with you, in that something most likely happened the night before. At least, to my inexperienced eyes, Brooke looked a bit distressed at the convenience store, arms crossed protectively in front of her body. She was way too quick to take off the opposite direction once outside the door as well.

That's the part that has me stumped. Why did the uncle take her into the store and have them each walk out separate ways, not even turning to say good-bye? For the benefit of the camera? For an alibi?

Premeditation of what was to come?

Heck, even AR said he threw out his coffee.

JMHO
fran

He certainly created an elaborate scheme which does point to premeditation.

I don't know if he planned to kill her but he certainly planned to rape her. These people thought they could cover their tracks...they always think they are so smart. I hope someone can get to them, so they can know the fear that Brooke felt. I am praying for Brooke's family.
I don't have any doubt that he planned to kill her. He was setting it up so that people would think she was "vanished" by an internet predator. This shows intent of murder, imo. He knew when he dropped her off that she was not coming back.

An Insanity defense won't fly here. Premeditated murder with careful preparation, plotting, and years of sexual assaults will be enough to prevent it from being used. His prior conviction of sexual assault and kidnapping will come into play, too. That alone proves he wasn't insane then either.
I agree! but I think he was trying to look crazy lol idiot

He didn't have to try to look crazy. The man is an evil and wicked wacko. Still, he knew exactly what he was doing each and every second. He just didn't care.

My very dearest Angelwngs,:blowkiss:
I just went to the store by my house and bought a few things, two of the things being lottery tickets.
I posted on Brooke's thread last weekend about bying lottery tickets here with the Amber Alert on it.
The ones I just purchased no longer have the Amber Alert for Brooke.
There was nothing there that stated any new Amber Alert.
The tickets are updated in real time.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Ohhhh, Dear DS... if only it had been removed from the lottery tickets because they had found her alive and able to begin recovery from this horrific trauma.

So very, very sad.

THAT needs to change!! Unless there has not been a child missing where there was clear danger until now, I feel they are using the guidelines too strictly. This is not the way the Amber Alert was meant to be used. They are only guidelines and it must be decided on a case by case basis.

That being said, yes...LE did an excellent job in this case.

SS, first let me say that I agree and identify with your posts more than anyone else on this forum and thank you for your focus and thoughtful posts. I'm not aware of how many abductions have happened in Vermont and therefore have not investigated where the Amber Alert should have been used. There has to be a balance and discretion when it is used. Down here in Texas where the Amber Alert was first initiated, it seems to be used way too often. And maybe the alerts are justified, but the are starting to be on the level of car alarms where nobody pays attention anymore. That said, I always pay attention and am a supporter of the Amber Alert.

And for the record to all, my forum name is a play on words of my given name and has been my nickname since I could understand words, although maybe not the best choice for this forum

;)

I have been following this case since the beginning and while I have not posted my opinion I wanted to thank everyone here for being such a great resource for information and support.

When Brooke was reported missing, I really had hope she was alive. I rarely have that with missing children, but I was hopeful she had gone off to meet someone or run away to be with friends who were hiding her. Even when the abuse of her cousin surfaced, I thought maybe she ran to get away from it.

But it was not to be. As I write this, I am crying for Brooke and her cousin. I cannot imagine the terrors they suffered and what the cousin will continue to suffer. I am sure I am not the only one here who thinks that AR is a very brave young woman for coming forward. She must've been terrified that the men from "Breckenridge" would come and take her away, too. I hope she gets the help she needs to get through this and be able to go on with her life. She is a heroine for overcoming her own fear and telling the truth.

Again, thank you all for all the information. Now Brooke can come home.

May justice prevail and anyone involved in this never see the light of day again.

I'm not so sure that he planned to murder her- I think he probably planned to keep her as a sex slave in the sugar shack or somewhere else for a while and that the time he would hold her he could scare her enough about "Breckenridge" that when he allowed her to go home (maybe in time to go to school) he would be assured that she wouldn't tell (like A. R.). I think she fought and he killed her then. He got Gagnon to help cover up because he was involved in the pedo-ring.

JMO, of course

Thanks, Juvenile. Very nice of you to say.

I know that sometimes it seems the Amber Alert can be overused, but I do not think it can. If one person pays attention to it and brings a child home alive then it served the purpose. I know it has been used here in OK many times and I applaud them for it. I don't know what our record is...but I do know it is an effective tool for LE in the recovery of missing children. I hope that Vermont and other states will rethink their procedures when it comes time to alert the public and take advantage of the Amber Alert system if a child is suspected of being abducted with or without vehicle descriptions etc. It truly is a lifesaver.

Glad to know about your screenname! :) It is fine. (You may want to add something in your signature that you are actually older tho. lol)

pulled from http://.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=0a3258a67f62d69b67cdf7f208afd396&topic=2980.200

crockerroad3.jpg

He knew she was not coming back....set up to look like an internet perv got her. But, why? Did he try something with her that night? Was he afraid she would tell on him? If so, why let her wander around town? And, why was she wandering around town? We know there was never any internet "friend" she was sneaking off to meet.

He definitely planned to kill her....:furious:

Does anyone else here find the androgynous/over dramatic announcer voice on Nancy Grace as annoying as I do? And what's up with Gagnon and Jacques being french names but proncounced wierd?! ! Merde'

They said they noticed disturbed ground on July 1st then today dug it up. At around 4:30 PM or so they dicovered her. The location was found as a result of information found in the uncle's house.

This sounds as if they were dotting their "i's" and crossing their "t's" to conduct the investigation and search to the letter and by the book...

Good for them! I hope they can legally NAIL each and every human responsible for Brookie's tragedy to the WALLS of H%##...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member