An arrest has been made!

IIRC correctly, she will make a plea. It will take less than 5 minutes and we shall see if she has a Public Defender with her or not.

There is no bail on murder so she won't be posting bail and getting out.

We let one daughter get highlights at 8 because her hair was darkening and it was important to her. It wasn't really noticeable, and she apparently got it out of her system because she's never wanted to dye it again and she's an adult now. Another daughter started dying hers at 12 or 13 and has continued to get more extreme with the colors and styles (think Cindi Lauper's 80's). It fits her personality and style, and I would hate to see her change.

Our theory in child raising was pick your fights carefully. I didn't see "style" - at any age - worth fighting about. It must have worked, all our kids have turned out well behaved, respectful, no serious problems at all.

I wouldn't get caught up over the hair dying.
I agree Nora. Mine just never asked that early. Hair doesn't bother me. I have pink streaks in my own LOL

Hi donnam

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough time! :(

I hope you're wrong about Sandra suffering before she died. LE seems to be reporting that Sandra died before she was even reported missing, so, hopefully that might mean that she died quickly!

IIRC, they said in most cases like this the child is killed within the first 3 hours and it took the family 3 hours to realize she was gone.

I agree Nora. Mine just never asked that early. Hair doesn't bother me. I have pink streaks in my own LOL

LOL! I had purple streaks when my youngest started dying hers. (Glad to know I'm not the only mom who likes some color! :blowkiss:)

Ok, I let my kids dye their hair too, but NOT at 8 yrs old! Wow. I think mine started dabbling at about 13.

I'm not sure I would allow it at 13 either. Hair dye is up there with make up for me. I'm certainly not saying any parent who allows their child to dye their hair is wrong or bad. Personally, I feel make up and hair dye is for the 16 and up crowd. But again that's just my own personal feelings and opinion. Kids grow up way too fast as it is.

However, I do feel very strongly about Sandra's hair being dyed at such a young age (and would any child at her age). We need to encourage our girls to appreciate how they look (and not only how they look but I won't get into all of that here). I'm sorry but she wasn't an age where I would encourage that particular type of discovery or expression of herself. Again, jmho with no intent to offend other mothers here.

Btw~ It was reported on another thread that the local news said Melissa's daughter is now with her father and step mom.

ETA: This report now sounds erroneous. I would normally delete, but thought it best to instead debunk it. (sigh)

LOL! I had purple streaks when my youngest started dying hers. (Glad to know I'm not the only mom who likes some color! :blowkiss:)

It wouldn't bother me either. If any of mine had asked for a few streaks while I was bleaching mine blonde I'd have given them a few highlights. My grandsons asked for highlights and got them during the summer. I feel looking stylish in clothes and hair can really help anyone's self esteem. But, I can't help but wonder how this might have affected Melissa. From the looks of her mugshot she didn't even arch her eyebrows, highlight her hair, or even attempt to hide her very high hairline or sunken temple bones with bangs.

How the hades do you explain to that kid that mommy killed your best friend?

I wondered the same thing too last night Steely. I thought about the children effected by the murder of Sandra. Sandra is gone now forever. Sandra had siblings, and those children's lives are now forever changed. Even as they grow up and if they choose to marry and have their own children, this will be something that will effect them for all of their lives, and quite possibly have an effect on their children too. They will more than likely know of this crime against their Aunt Sandra as they come into the world and grow older.

Then we have Melissa's daughter who will more than likely carry the shame of this crime all of her life, even though she herself has nothing to be ashamed of...

But then also, there is the extended families of both sides that will never be the same from Melissa commiting this murder.

In one moment, this woman not only took the life of a bright, happy little girl but irrevocably changed countless lifes with her crime. Sad.

Kat, I had posted a similar thought in the MH thread but didn't state it as eloquently as you did. Thanks, matilda

The Sgt. alluded to the SWs etc being unsealed for this hearing. While it may go quickly, the real interest will be in that information. This is the part I am waiting on!

The Sgt. alluded to the SWs etc being unsealed for this hearing. While it may go quickly, the real interest will be in that information. This is the part I am waiting on!

I think the SW will not be unsealed till the prem not tomorrow

How the hades do you explain to that kid that mommy killed your best friend?
Bringing in a child psychologist early (now) would serve many purposes for what her child will face. Right now, all she knows is her mother is gone, her best friend is gone, and people are very sad all around her. They should be cautious about what is said due to not knowing what her mother told her earlier after the murder tho. She should be interviewed by a professional to determine this.

You don't tell them directly until they are old enough to comprehend it, imo. Then you are honest and allow them to ask any and all the questions pertaining to what happened along with appropriate counseling in order to deal with such truths.

Thanks, JDB! Rats!

Hmm I thought we read that yesterday in a link, that they would be unsealed for the Tues hearing.

Do we have anyone in Manteca to check for what is made public and also any motions that come out down the line?

Back to work and will see you tonight! xox

I am confused on the subject myself. I missed Sgt. Sheneman answers on it today when he was doing his Q and A on Channel ten's website. (It was awesome, btw!)

We need a poll on "How will MH plead"?

I am thinking either straight guilty or not guilty by reason of insanity. Any word on an attorney yet?

Rape may be alleged in Sandra Cantu killing

TRACY, Calif. (AP) -- Prosecutors say they're considering rape and molestation allegations against the woman suspected of killing an 8-year-old Northern California girl and putting her body in a suitcase.

Twenty-eight-year-old Melissa Huckaby has been arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and murdering Sandra Cantu.

San Joaquin County Deputy District Attorney Robert Himmelblau told The Associated Press Monday that a homicide charge against Huckaby could also include the special circumstances of rape with a foreign object, lewd and lacivious conduct with a child and murder in the course of a kidnapping.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/state&id=6755834

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back