Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, her friends know something and I think it has to do with drugs and a drug dealer.

I think it is interesting that MH's friends are quiet, not posting comments on FB and not posting pictures from the concert acting like it was the greatest night of their life. These kids are different to say the least. BD's "friends" made comments that were tasteless and mean, as well as pictures where the didn't name her and "best vacation ever" captions! IMO, you dont speak out on a social networking site, post fun vaca pictures etc. unless you are trying to justify your behavior or are a total sociopath.

IMO these kids know something and are pieces of trash because of how they behaved.

IMO Only.

The last few comments have made me wonder if MBPD has asked its Narcotics officers to question their snitches, to see if anyone in the drug community has been bragging about doing something to 'some chick' or whatever - just seems like it would be a good base to cover.

While I agree with you on most of these things you've stated, there's one thing in this post I can't agree with - that LE could do more if they wanted to.

JMO - LE's hands are basically tied... Why? Because there is no crime scene and until there is one what can they do? BD hasn't turned up either way. No one is talking... And if LE just went and hauled in anyone and everyone for anything - no other police work would get done...

I've seen comments that DD has made that she believes (at least at one time she did, I don't personally know if her perception has changed) that LE is doing everything they can and have been keeping her updated regularly.

I will admit, I bashed LE in the beginning. I thought they weren't doing enough or didn't know what they were doing. But the more I've watched other cases the more I've learned. Of course each department has their own way of doing things...however, don't be fooled... LE knows a whole lot more than they ever let the public know - and there are good reasons for that. The top one being evidence for an arrest and trial.

MB, I truly hope I didn't give the impression that I think MBPD is doing NOTHING... I know that couldn't be farther from the truth.

What I MEANT was I think that may be one reason why we don't see a huge PUSH from them at this point for large blanketing by media... I personally believe that their biggest stumbling block is a group of blockhead acting teenagers that know more than they have said, but are just too far out of MBPD's reach to do more without having to spill their whole case- which depending on what they know could be the WORST thing to do at the moment. I really believe that they have enough to say what happened, who did what, and who didn't do what, but WILL NOT say yet because while it is enough to convince seasoned LE, it MAY NOT meet the burdon of proof for a criminal prosecution, or even for a warrent to get the kids back here to talk.

I just didn't want you to think that I THOUGHT that MONEY was the main issue here with the lack of a push for media coverage. I just think that on some level it plays a role, but I think that the integrity of the investigation is the MAIN cause for the apparent 'media hush' by MBPD.

I mean, you have to admit, this HAS NOT been the easiest case they have had, I bet in decades! KWIM?

MB, I truly hope I didn't give the impression that I think MBPD is doing NOTHING... I know that couldn't be farther from the truth.

Oh no, I get what you are saying. Sorry for the misunderstanding, my message wasn't directed towards you in any way.

LOL... I was making sure you didnt think that I thought that... I wish there was more we could do for Her.

LOL... I was making sure you didnt think that I thought that... I wish there was more we could do for Her.

I do too... So very sad...she's out there somewhere and it's a very helpless feeling to know that you can't find someone in trouble, hurt, injured, whatever the case may be.

I guess about the best things we can do is to keep her story going, keep hope, to pray and to send positive energy her way and the way of those who continue their search for her.

I do too... So very sad...she's out there somewhere and it's a very helpless feeling to know that you can't find someone in trouble, hurt, injured, whatever the case may be.

I guess about the best things we can do is to keep her story going, keep hope, to pray and to send positive energy her way and the way of those who continue their search for her.

I agree with you on this MBLover. I have learned a lot in the time since I joined WS and one thing I did get from BD's and MH's case is the need to try to stay positive. Their moms are somehow managing to do just that. I have also learned that it is not up to me to decide whether the LE is doing what they need to do, as I do not have the facts they have. If it can be as frustrating for me, I have to look inside my heart to only imagine what these families and friends have to be going through. I am thankful we have WS and I hope the families are getting the suport they all need.

I wish this case wouldn't have fallen off the map! I am so frusturated too.

Don't know if any of you all know about the case of Brian Sullivan - there is a thread here for him as well.

Brian Sullivan went missing about 2 years ago - from Chili - and supposedly lived just a few houses away from BD.

Anyone think this is odd? Could there be some strange connection between these 2 missing person's cases?

Really what are the chances that 2 people in such close proximity to each other go missing?

Here's one of the latest stories on Brian
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1018308.shtml?cat=566

Don't know if any of you all know about the case of Brian Sullivan - there is a thread here for him as well.

Brian Sullivan went missing about 2 years ago - from Chili - and supposedly lived just a few houses away from BD.

Anyone think this is odd? Could there be some strange connection between these 2 missing person's cases?

Really what are the chances that 2 people in such close proximity to each other go missing?

That is odd!

Weird how do ya know he lives right down the street. Wonder if he had some of the same as BD. Since the friends she went with were a couple years older same age as Brian.

Weird how do ya know he lives right down the street. Wonder if he had some of the same as BD. Since the friends she went with were a couple years older same age as Brian.

It came up on another board that they were neighbors. I'm thinking it was on OneBigGroup and the poster knew BD thru their child and maybe that's how they also knew of Brian or just knew of him thru the neighborhood.

I didn't think anything about it when I first heard this brought up...but then when I saw Brian's thread on WS today...something said...whoa...is there a connection?

Brian is a few years older than BD, but that would put him in the same age bracket as the people BD was hanging around with. Now whether Brian knew any of these other people or not...I have no idea.

I have to say I live in Rochester NY and I cant say if they knew each other or not..and I know they didn't live on the same street when they went missing, I have a Son who's age is right between the two he knew of Brittany from school, he was a senior when she was a junior and at the time Brian went missing he worked in the same shopping center where Brian was last seen ( let's just say after that I called and checked on him at work frequently). I was asking around about Brians case just today because I couldn't find it.... and I was given the link because There is one here :) NY-Brian Sullivan, 19, Chili - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community also IMO these two cases are nothing alike and happened very differently.... But I did, while looking for Brians case find one that was similar and not to far from here. Found Deceased NY - Jamie Duplessis, 32, Fulton NY, Oswego County FOUND DECEASED - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community ...I am not sure why yet Brians case is located under the Missing Persons Information and Support page instead of here in the missing/located. One last thing I am trying to catch up on BD posts before I comment... could take a day or two.... looks like as usual all of you wonderful websleuthers are doing all you can! ... I am new... and I love it here!

It came up on another board that they were neighbors. I'm thinking it was on OneBigGroup and the poster knew BD thru their child and maybe that's how they also knew of Brian or just knew of him thru the neighborhood.

I didn't think anything about it when I first heard this brought up...but then when I saw Brian's thread on WS today...something said...whoa...is there a connection?

Brian is a few years older than BD, but that would put him in the same age bracket as the people BD was hanging around with. Now whether Brian knew any of these other people or not...I have no idea.

That is to weird but would be something to look into

I have to say I live in Rochester NY and I cant say if they knew each other or not..and I know they didn't live on the same street when they went missing, I have a Son who's age is right between the two he knew of Brittany from school, he was a senior when she was a junior and at the time Brian went missing he worked in the same shopping center where Brian was last seen ( let's just say after that I called and checked on him at work frequently). I was asking around about Brians case just today because I couldn't find it.... and I was given the link because There is one here :) NY-Brian Sullivan, 19, Chili - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community also IMO these two cases are nothing alike and happened very differently.... But I did, while looking for Brians case find one that was similar and not to far from here. Found Deceased NY - Jamie Duplessis, 32, Fulton NY, Oswego County FOUND DECEASED - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community ...I am not sure why yet Brians case is located under the Missing Persons Information and Support page instead of here in the missing/located. One last thing I am trying to catch up on BD posts before I comment... could take a day or two.... looks like as usual all of you wonderful websleuthers are doing all you can! ... I am new... and I love it here!

Welcome Bamagirl!

Info on Brit.

On the BD facebook page KD said that Britt would be on the cover of People Magazine soon. I guess the family has kept pushing, wow that's great news! Definitately will get her face and story out nationally

Body found in Garden City (between Myrtle Beach & Georgetown), but not skeletal remains so likely not connected...

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/loca..._investigate_body_found_in_garden_city/85781/

Hmmm... You never know though. In the past, there were suspicions that she was being held by drug dealers, or worse...so if she was only recently killed (I hope not!) the remains would not be skeletal.

I spoke with a friend who is a firefighter in Myrtle Beach and he said he has never even heard of Brittanee! OUTRAGEOUS!!! Even though Fire isn't exactly law enforcement, all civil service representatives should be made aware of a missing persons case in their vicinity! For crying out loud...Fire could be a possible means to destroy evidence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie