**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I paid little attention to his spin and that silly map he used. Most of his included mountain driving and therefore was not applicable to the trip in question.

Well, he actually showed from the mileage and gas purchases that the Explorer was getting 19.5 miles per gallen. Using those figures, JY would have run out before getting back to King. There is no proof that JY was getting 20.3 mpg that I saw. The silly map you are talking about is compelling evidence IMO.

Well, he actually showed from the mileage and gas purchases that the Explorer was getting 19.5 miles per gallen. Using those figures, JY would have run out before getting back to King. There is no proof that JY was getting 20.3 mpg that I saw. The silly map you are talking about is compelling evidence IMO.

...except you missed the all important part about driving in the mountains.
Collins failed to disclose that small fact in his presentation.

Piedmont NC to Hillsville Va driving was 20.3 MPG, leaving him .6 gallons left (10 mile range) when he pulled into the King gas station.

JTF,
What happen to the testimony about JY stopping by the hospital in Brevard before going to his mother's house?

Well, I don't have a link, but I have a recap of the testimony.

Mileage + gas- 359.19 miles divided by burlington purchase. 19.47 mpg.
Explorer holds 22.5 gals. Handee -HI - back to Birchleaf - King 458.90 miles divided by 22.5 = 20.3 miles per gal. Duffield to Brevard mountainous. Raleigh- Hillsville open highway, early morning, minimal traffic.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me by typing all that. I appreciate it. I realise that you are invested in this case and I have learnt how much time and effort you have put into it.

Is there a link to it, though. It seems you said it was fair to have a link to claim something as fact.

Not trying to stir trouble. Just making sure I understood your reason for dismissing someone's recollection a few posts back. Was it because there was no link?

I believe that when a law firm renders an account of that magnitude in the area of 1 million dollars that the expenditures should be approved by a judge.

I have always had to account for any of my expenses when acting as an executrix as well as any expenditures that I authorized to a judge when dealing with trust accounts especially that of a minor.

How much do we know about that transaction? Do we know that is wasn't approved? I don't remember much about it, and I haven't had any experience with that type of fiduciary responsibility. I, like probably many others, have been the Executrix of an Estate (of a deceased adult), but a Trust for a minor is not the same thing at all, I would think.

Do you have any details about it, Allusonz? You've got me curious now!

JTF,
What happen to the testimony about JY stopping by the hospital in Brevard before going to his mother's house?

Yea, I thought we would hear from that administrator.
He 'dropped in" and left his card. He also had the nerve to charge ChartOne $91 for the extra mileage to Brevard and back. No wonder they fired him the next month.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me by typing all that. I appreciate it. I realise that you are invested in this case and I have learnt how much time and effort you have put into it.

Is there a link to it, though. It seems you said it was fair to have a link to claim something as fact.

Not trying to stir trouble. Just making sure I understood your reason for dismissing someone's recollection a few posts back. Was it because there was no link?

<modsnip>

As for the testimony I referred to, it was from Spivey

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10761355/#/vid10761355

I dont know what happen in that bedroom but him wearing gloves and then taking them off makes no sense to me. Golfers wear a glove because it makes them be able to grip the golf clubs more tightly and so do baseball players who uses bats. And many other professions use gloves because it lets them grip their tools better.

It also makes sense to me if he hit her with his fist before he bludgeoned her even while wearing gloves he could have marks or friction burns on his knuckles. That is why boxers have their hands bound up with tape looped around their hands several times and then put in a soft very padded glove.

There was no testimony, but a FBI who was commenting on the case said a person would have marks on his hands even if he used gloves...

I heard it too.

That is one of the reasons Jason's NTO results were so important.

We alll waited to hear the results if there were any scratches or marks on his hands or face.

His NTO was 4 days later,and we have all seen how light and fair skinned Jason is.

There was not a mark on him.

People saw him up close that very day, his meeting with Jennifer Sproles, for instance.

<modsnip>

LE did not examine Jason Young for any marks or injuries (the NTO) until Nov 7 (IIRC) that was 5 days later. Any marks he may have had on his hands could have easily faded by then.

LE did not examine Jason Young for any marks or injuries (the NTO) until Nov 7 (IIRC) that was 5 days later. Any marks he may have had on his hands could have easily faded by then.

Faded...yes. Completely no trace of them left? I am not sure.

I dont know what happen in that bedroom but him wearing gloves and then taking them off makes no sense to me. Golfers wear a glove because it makes them be able to grip the golf clubs more tightly and so do baseball players who uses bats. And many other professions use gloves because it lets them grip their tools better.

It also makes sense to me if he hit her with his fist before he bludgeoned her even while wearing gloves he could have marks or friction burns on his knuckles. That is why boxers have their hands bound up with tape looped around their hands several times and then put in a soft very padded glove.

Exactly.... The QB for the Steelers will wear a glove @ times because he throws better when he does... Why? Because he can grip the ball better.. Race car drivers wear gloves so they can get a solid grip & drive better...

Exactly.... The QB for the Steelers will wear a glove @ times because he throws better when he does... Why? Because he can grip the ball better.. Race car drivers wear gloves so they can get a solid grip & drive better...

I think the problem here is that:
a) the state wanted us to believe that was Jason's print in the spatter, until the defense expert said there was no palm print belonging to JY
b) that the reason JY did not have any injuries to his hands because he was wearing gloves.

Faded...yes. Completely no trace of them left? I am not sure.

ITA none of us can be completely sure. What I do remember was the ME when asked if any of Michelle's injuries could have been done by a bare hand, the ME said he supposed the injury to her mouth could have been done by a fist, and of course the neck injuries from attempted strangulation was done by a hand.
But, the cause of death remains blunt force, which definitely means not done with bare hands, lol. I don't see what kind of marks that would leave on your hands, especially if gloves were worn. Am I right to say the poster stated this was not testimony, if was a FBI guy talking about the case, not in the courtroom, under oath ?

Yes Golfers wear a glove that is made so they can grip a golf club. Same for baseball players. And yes they are plenty of other professions that use gloves like nurses doctors etc. But are these people delivering 30 blows to someone. I have never seen a golfer swing a golf club 30 times in a row or baseball player swing a bat 30 times in a row or a nurse or doctor deliver 30 blows to someone in a row.

God help the person that ever looks at my internet browsing history.

It would make that list look saintly in comparison.

Well, do you plan on your spouse being killed in the near future? If so, you're in trouble!!

Well, I don't have a link, but I have a recap of the testimony.

Mileage + gas- 359.19 miles divided by burlington purchase. 19.47 mpg.
Explorer holds 22.5 gals. Handee -HI - back to Birchleaf - King 458.90 miles divided by 22.5 = 20.3 miles per gal. Duffield to Brevard mountainous. Raleigh- Hillsville open highway, early morning, minimal traffic.

The assumption is that you run completely out of gas and get much better gas mileage than the Explorer showed it got on several other tanks of gas. I know I would not run my vehicle to the last drop, especially if I had just killed my wife. I suspect that presentation was compelling to the jury.

ITA none of us can be completely sure. What I do remember was the ME when asked if any of Michelle's injuries could have been done by a bare hand, the ME said he supposed the injury to her mouth could have been done by a fist, and of course the neck injuries from attempted strangulation was done by a hand.
But, the cause of death remains blunt force, which definitely means not done with bare hands, lol. I don't see what kind of marks that would leave on your hands, especially if gloves were worn. Am I right to say the poster stated this was not testimony, if was a FBI guy talking about the case, not in the courtroom, under oath ?

Even if he used a weapon he had to hold it in his hands.... His hand could have gotten in the way just like a person when using a hammer and smashes their finger.....

Yes I said it wasn't in court under testimony.... Im sorry but a beating like MY had would leave something on the murderer...

Even if he used a weapon he had to hold it in his hands.... His hand could have gotten in the way just like a person when using a hammer and smashes their finger.....

Yes I said it wasn't in court under testimony.... Im sorry but a beating like MY had would leave something on the murderer...

<modsnip>, I just remembered that BLACK n BLUE toenail JY had, looked like he may have smashed his blunt object right into his own foot, and that sure didn't clear up in the five days before LE even looked at him for injuries ! <modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow