FL FL - Miami, BlkFem 777UFFL, 45-55, 'Evelyn', died at friend's home, Dec'73

Bobby88

Whatever happened to Johnnie Herrera?
Reaction score
This case was just added to the Doe Network today. This has to be one of the most mysterious, vague UID cases I've ever seen.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/777uffl.html

Unidentified Black Female

• The victim was discovered on December 27, 1973 in Miami-Dade County, Florida
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 45-55 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"; 135 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Short, coarse black hair; black eyes. Fatty liver, pancreatic fibrosis.
  • Clothing: Green colored shirt.
  • Dentals: Not available.
  • Fingerprints: Fingerprints were submitted, but has been destroyed due to retention period.
  • DNA: Not available.
Case History
The deceased, known as "Evelyn" was found lying on her back inside her friend's residence, with whom she had been staying.

"Evelyn" and this other person probably didn't know each other for very long if she was staying at this friend's house and the friend (presumably)
didn't know "Evelyn's" last name. It doesn't list a cause of death, so I assume it was natural causes due to the mention of a fatty liver and pancreatic fibrosis.

I couldn't find any missing persons fitting Evelyn's description. I'm wondering if she could have been in a witness protection program of sore sort. Something tells me that Evelyn wasn't her real name.

So little info....Looks like she was homeless and stayed at friends house. Probably never really reported missing and no one know her real name. Most likely she had an abuse problem too. Sad case.
Those were my exact thoughts on this. I have read other similar cases to this one.

PM photo

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number1973-3239
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult
Estimated Age Range (Years)35-55
Estimated Year of Death1973
Estimated PMIHours
Height5' 2"(62 inches) , Measured
Weight135 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundDecember 27, 1973
NamUs Case CreatedDecember 23, 2009
ME/C QA ReviewedDecember 24, 2009
Location Found Map
Street AddressTrailer rear of 10171 Guava St.Florida
CountyMiami-Dade County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoveryThe deceased was found lying on her back inside her friend's residence. The friend only knew her as "Evelyn".
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair DescriptionShort, curly hair. Styled in a short afro.
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
Scar on right hip Scar on left thigh Scar on left ankle Burn type mark (circular and light pigmented) on right forearm Scar line on the medial aspect of the left forearm (inside elbow, wrist) Scars and healed abrasions on lower legs.

Other distinctive physical characteristic
Mildly obese

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Accessories
none
Near the Body

Clothing
Green colored shirt.
On the Body

Clothing
--
Near the Body

Eyewear
none
On the Body

Footwear
none
On the Body

Jewelry
none
On the Body

From her PM photo, listed height & weight, she doesn’t strike me as a person with an addiction problem. So many with drug & alcohol addiction pick their poison over nutritious food.

It only mentions a shirt, no pants, skirt or underwear. This seems odd for someone lying inside a home (albeit temporary home) as a guest. Could she have been assaulted and left?

The scar list could be she was cutting herself or did she at some point live outside? Maybe injuries due to brush, living on the streets. Could the scar on the medical line of the wrist / elbow indicate surgery of some type?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back