CANADA Canada - Michelle Wedge, 7, Moncton, NB, 2 July 1975

Richard

Reaction score
Michelle Lise Wedge
Missing since July 2, 1975 from Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 1, 1967
Age at Time of Disappearance: 7 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0"
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark blonde, shoulder-length hair; brown eyes. Wedge has a fair complexion.
Dentals: Good teeth.
Clothing: At the time of her disappearance, Wedge was wearing shorts, stockings and size 3 sandals, all navy blue in color. She also wore a red and white checkered T-shirt.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Wedge had been left in the care of her older siblings and was riding her bike in the neighborhood as dusk was approaching.

Her older brother who was watching her, had friends over and noone noticed that Wedge had disappeared until her sister got home around 9pm. and realized that Wedge wasn't in the yard playing.

Initial interviews with friends and neighbors determined that Wedge had last been seen at around 9:10pm., about 40 minutes after her brother recalled having heard her exiting the house to play outside.

Someone had seen her riding her Mustang-style bicycle north on Dominion Street, near the intersection with John Street, just a few houses away from her home. Another individual reported seeing the same thing at about the same time. Still another seemed to recall seeing a young girl getting into a car at that corner that night.

Her bicycle was found by her brother on the boulevard at the southwest corner of Dominion Street and John Street.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Codiac Regional RCMP
Mark Gallagher, Cst
506-857-2494
506-856-1557 (pager)
or
NB Crimestoppers
800-222-8477

NCIC Number: M-872670194

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

RCMP
Times and Transcript
The Doe Network: Case File 1120DFNB

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1120dfnb.html

Bumping this case up. It has been 35 years now since Michelle went missing.

This little girl was last seen riding her bicycle in her neighborhood.

There have been many viewings of the origional post, but no additional posts in the past two years.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police have this case for investigation.

Such a cute girl.
Wonder if the search is still on for her?

Darling little girl ... I still remember hearing about her disappearance on the radio late that night. I was 12 and felt so afraid for her. I worked at the cornerstore her bike was supposedly left. I have never stopped thinking about her , hence , I looked her name up and shocked to find her case on websleuths. I wonder about her family also. I wish for all their sakes this case was resolved. I have 2 girls of my own . Grown. I don't know how a mother could survive something so devastating. Thoughts and prayers.

It was a hot summer day in Moncton, N.B. on July 2, 1975. Michelle Wedge was a happy and athletic 7-year-old girl. Like most children her age, Michelle spent the day playing with friends and riding her bicycle.

That night, Michelle left her house on her bike and did not return back home. As it started getting dark, family members, neighbours and friends started looking for Michelle. They found her bike close to her house but Michelle was nowhere to be found.
It has been 37 years since Michelle was last seen. She would be 44 years old today.

If you have any information on Michelle's disappearance or whereabouts, please call Cst. Gary Clements of the RCMP J-Division at 506-857-2438 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

{Age-enhanced photo at link}

http://news.ca.msn.com/missing-children-nine-canadian-cases?page=3#image=10

There was another little girl who disappeared in Canada decades back, I think while she was camping. I cant remember her last name but her first name was Diane. I wonder if she could be the girl found in Bear Brooke State Park?

There was another little girl who disappeared in Canada decades back, I think while she was camping. I cant remember her last name but her first name was Diane. I wonder if she could be the girl found in Bear Brooke State Park?

You are thinking of Diane Prevost I think.

The bodies found in Bear Brooke Park were maternally related, with the exception of one. Detailed composites were recently released.

Found this case after trying to "sleuth" some info. concerning the recently linked 7 murdered children in Quebec , LE are seeking to identify a sk.
Could Michelle be one of the victims?
Also, could this yet to be identified abuser know anything about this case?

bbm
http://www.canada.com/technology/RCMP+turn+social+media+find+suspect+child+abuse/8928739/story.html

"New Brunswick RCMP spokeswoman Cpl. Chantal Farrah said the suspect is a brown-haired Caucasian with a distinctive dark circular mark on his right arm and a ring on his left hand.

The girl in the video appears to be about three years old and would be between 10 and 12 years old today.

Police do not know if the man or the girl are from New Brunswick. The video is believed to have been produced somewhere in North America, police said.

“We’re asking people to distribute the images of this suspect via their social media networks and encourage their friends to share it in the hope that someone will know who he is and contact police,” Farrah said.

RCMP officials declined to comment Wednesday about the other investigation that made them aware of the video"

CANADA Quebec police believe serial killer behind 7 cold cases - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

rbbm.
Everything last known about Michelle is in the area of John and Dominion Street, is it too late for another look there, has anyone else had an incident of some kind around there?

On July 2, 1975 7 1/2 year old Michelle Wedge of Dominion Street in Moncton left her residence at approximately 8:30 p.m. on her bicycle. Witnesses reported that she was last seen riding her bicycle in the area of John and Dominion Street in Moncton. She has not been seen or heard of since. Her bicycle was found late that evening on the southwest corner of John and Dominion Streets. At the time of her disappearance she was wearing navy blue shorts, navy blue knee length socks, navy blue sandals and a red and white T-shirt. Michelle Lise Wedge was described as being: 4' tall (122 cms), brown eyes, slender/thin, light/fair complexion and light brown hair.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/nb/unsolved-homicides-suspicious-deaths

http://www.rcmp.gc.ca/en/nb/unsolved-major-crime-files
Anyone with information on the disappearance of Michelle Lise Wedge is asked to contact the Codiac Regional RCMP, Major Crime Section at (506) 857-2403 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477).
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 3c84cb12b8afb10ae08b6f7682cc8fe2.jpg
    3c84cb12b8afb10ae08b6f7682cc8fe2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 31
  • fdfafed99388c87099fc00adf1499d29.jpg
    fdfafed99388c87099fc00adf1499d29.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 32
Dear Michelle, 43 years missing is an awful long time. I wonder if LE has gone back over the files? One report had a young girl entering a car. What became of those details?

July 2 2019
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/michelle-wedge-disappearance-1.5197302
"Someone, somewhere knows what happened. - RCMP Const. Isabelle Beaulieu

Although it's been 44 years since since she disappeared, the RCMP believe it's a case that can still be solved.

Const. Isabelle Beaulieu says the case is considered a missing person case, but "because we think that one or other persons may have been involved in her disappearance, we treat that as a criminal investigation."

While the information that led police to believe there was criminal activity involved in Wedge's disappearance can't be made public, the officer said they believe somebody was involved in what happened to her."

"No detail too small

While it can seem maudlin to mark tragic anniversaries like a young girl's disappearance, when a case is unresolved sometimes talking about it brings new information to light.

"The investigations are never closed, but on an anniversary date we like to bring it out to the public again just in case, said Beaulieu. "We need tips and information from the public. We do believe someone, somewhere knows what happened."

Police say Wedge was wearing a red and white T-shirt on that July night, blue shorts, blue socks and navy blue sandals. At the time she was four feet tall, with brown eyes and light brown hair.

"If someone somewhere thinks of something, please contact the RCMP or Crimestoppers."

Case File 1120DFNB

MWedge.jpg
MWedge1.jpg

Left: Wedge, circa 1975; Right: Age-progression to 34 years. (circa 2001).

Michelle Lise Wedge
Missing since July 2, 1975 from Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: December 1, 1967
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 7 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0"
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark blonde, shoulder-length hair; brown eyes. Wedge has a fair complexion.
    • Dentals: Good teeth.
    • Clothing: At the time of her disappearance, Wedge was wearing shorts, stockings and size 3 sandals, all navy blue in color. She also wore a red and white checkered T-shirt.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Wedge had been left in the care of her older siblings and was riding her bike in the neighborhood as dusk was approaching.
Her older brother who was watching her, had friends over and no-one noticed that Wedge had disappeared until her sister got home around 21.00 and realized that Wedge wasn't in the yard playing.

Initial interviews with friends and neighbors determined that Wedge had last been seen at around 21:10, about 40 minutes after her brother recalled having heard her exiting the house to play outside.
Someone had seen her riding her Mustang-style bicycle north on Dominion Street, near the intersection with John Street, just a few houses away from her home. Another individual reported seeing the same thing at about the same time. Still another seemed to recall seeing a young girl getting into a car at that corner that night.

Street view, her bicycle was found here

Google Maps

michelle-wedge.jpg
Michelle+Wedge+-+Age+Progression.jpeg

Michelle Lise Wedge, 7 years old. Right, age progressed.
Missing since 2 July 1975

Physical Characteristics & Details:

Date Of Birth: December 1, 1967
Age at Time of Disappearance: 7
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0"
Distinguishing Characteristics:
White female. Dark blonde, shoulder-length hair; brown eyes. Wedge has a fair complexion.
Dentals: Good teeth.
Clothing:
At the time of her disappearance, Wedge was wearing shorts, stockings and size 3 sandals, all navy blue in color. She also wore a red and white checkered t-shirt.
Case reference: 2002005560
------------------------------------------

The Abduction of Michelle Lise Wedge

Michelle Wedge was seven years old when she disappeared on July 2, 1975, while riding her bike near her home on Dominion Street in Moncton, New Brunswick. She was last seen on the southwest corner of John and Dominion Streets.

Michelle had been left in the care of her older siblings. Her older brother had friends over at the time, and Michelle was out riding her bike in the neighbourhood. As daylight turned to dusk, nobody checked on Michelle. It was only at approximately 9 p.m. when everyone realized she wasn’t playing in the yard.

Michelle’s brother discovered her bicycle bicycle on the boulevard at the southwest corner of Dominion Street.

michelle-wedge-bicycle.jpg

Michelle Wedge’s bicycle

The Timeline:

Initial interviews with friends and neighbors determined that Michelle had last been seen at around 9:10 p.m., about 40 minutes after her brother recalled having heard her exiting the house to play outside.

A witness saw Michelle riding her Mustang-style bicycle north on Dominion Street, near the intersection with John Street, just a few houses away from her home. Another individual reported seeing the same thing at about the same time. One witness recalled seeing a young girl getting into a car at that corner that night.

Michelle was wearing a red and white T-shirt, blue shorts, blue socks and navy blue sandals when she disappeared. At the time of her disappearance, she was four feet tall, with brown eyes and light brown hair.

The last tip in Michelle’s case came in nearly eight years ago. Investigators are still actively trying to solve the case and believe somebody has information about what happened to Michelle Wedge.

Please call the numbers below if you have any details about the disappearance of Michelle Wedge.
  1. Codiac Regional RCMP: 506-857-2400
    Reference Case#: 2010120833

2. Crime Stoppers: 1-800-222-TIPS(8477) or online at Canadian Crime Stoppers Association
    Crime Stoppers provides anonymous tipping

3. Send email to the National Centre for Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains at:
    canadasmissing-disparuscanada@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Links & Sources:
RCMP

CBC - The disappearance of Michelle Wedge: Case still unsolved 44 years later

MISSING: Michelle Wedge (1975) - Moncton, NB — CANADA UNSOLVED

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online