Burke Ramsey, has no interest in once again answering questions

yes it's a beautiful picture and deeply emotional....and yes,it's entirely creepy because they are children,brother and sister....I think it somehow shows a longing for each other,a sadness,like a Romeo and Juliet shot,beautiful if they were adults...I agree,it would be interesting to find out how the photographer got those expressions on their face...

I agree, it is a lovely photo, but I think it would be better suited as an engagement photo.
I agree. To me the feeling portrayed is a boyfriend/girlfriend vibe. I hope it is only the make-up and wardrobe which gives them the appearance of being much older and more sophisticated than their chronological ages would indicate.

I agree. To me the feeling portrayed is a boyfriend/girlfriend vibe. I hope it is only the make-up and wardrobe which gives them the appearance of being much older and more sophisticated than their chronological ages would indicate.
They were "dressing up" Burke like they did JonBenet...makeup and all...to make him look older than he was. Mymymyohmy.

For those of you who have missed Lin Wood, this should be a real treat.
There really aren’t enough pejorative terms available for me to aptly convey what I think of this guy.
Anyway, sit back and enjoy the delightful ramblings:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZe9O7cbR60[/ame]

Reporter: Why did the Boulder Police leak out that they were seeking to talk to, or trying to talk to Burke Ramsey?
Lin Wood: I don’t think there’s any question that it was done simply to harass John Ramsey.
…I think that the police chief out there is vindictive toward John Ramsey
...I think that is an outrage and an abuse of Burke Ramsey for him (Mark Beckner?) to relate any information to Burke

For those of you who have missed Lin Wood, this should be a real treat.
There really aren’t enough pejorative terms available for me to aptly convey what I think of this guy.
Anyway, sit back and enjoy the delightful ramblings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZe9O7cbR60

Reporter: Why did the Boulder Police leak out that they were seeking to talk to, or trying to talk to Burke Ramsey?
Lin Wood: I don’t think there’s any question that it was done simply to harass John Ramsey.
…I think that the police chief out there is vindictive toward John Ramsey
...I think that is an outrage and an abuse of Burke Ramsey for him (Mark Beckner?) to relate any information to Burke

Oh, wow, Cynic. What do you think he meant by that? Is he afraid the chief is going to tell Burke he thinks his dad and mom killed JonBenet? If Burke doesn't know that I don't see how he possibly graduated from college. Or maybe Burke has heard it all these years but never from an actual LE source.

That pizzes me off. He absolutely spun that to make people think LE is making Burke a suspect! Has anybody here read or heard one statement by Boulder LE that accuses Burke? From what we've read, all they did was hand him a business card and tell him to call if he wants to talk about the case. Whatever you think of LW, you have to admit, he is a top-notch spin master.

Oh, wow, Cynic. What do you think he meant by that? Is he afraid the chief is going to tell Burke he thinks his dad and mom killed JonBenet? If Burke doesn't know that I don't see how he possibly graduated from college. Or maybe Burke has heard it all these years but never from an actual LE source.
LW wouldn't be "unleashed" for no reason.

That pizzes me off. He absolutely spun that to make people think LE is making Burke a suspect! Has anybody here read or heard one statement by Boulder LE that accuses Burke? From what we've read, all they did was hand him a business card and tell him to call if he wants to talk about the case. Whatever you think of LW, you have to admit, he is a top-notch spin master.
Yep, talk to someone who was in the house at the time of the murder.

My understanding, he was officially ruled out by LE as a suspect. He wouldn't be interviewed as a suspect only as a witness. LE could compel him to talk. But what would be the point? It's obvious to me the Ramsey clan is as uncooperative today as they were back then.

BR HAD to be ruled out officially as a suspect. Even if they KNEW he killed his sister. Because of his age at the time, he can never be named as a suspect, indicted, or accused of this crime. Ever. So don't make too much of the fact that he was "officially" ruled out.

As far as Madeline's question- why is it that of all the people on her suspect list- FW, LHP, Santa, ect. the only ones who WON'T talk or cooperate are the Rs. Well- here's your answer- because they are the only ones who are guilty-they KNOW what happened...and they don't want to say.

Yep, talk to someone who was in the house at the time of the murder.

Exactly! I see nothing wrong at all about wanting to re-interview someone that was actually inside the Ramsey home at the time of the murder...now that they have grown up, and may have remembered something helpful. You never know..he might have some little piece of info. that he may not deem helpful at all....that could break the case. It may not seem like anything at all to him.

Personally, I think if ST would have been a little more open to other theories rather than PR killed JBR in a rage or over bedwetting, he could have figured out its more likely BR did it. To me he was just so hell bent on what HE thought was the truth, he didnt look at the other scenarios in the house. He was halfway to the truth, he just didnt completely get there. I dont think BR is refusing interviews to cover for his parents, and I dont think we have heard the last of BR. Why wouldnt any normal person want to talk to the cops if it could help find the killer of thier sister?????? Ego. Entitlement.

I'm RDI but I think many of you are being too hard on Burke.

He doesn't know anymore about what happened in that house that night than he did at age 9.

If he couldn't identify the "loud voices" 15 years ago, he sure can't now.

Sure, he said JBR walked into the house, and the Rs say she was carried in. The Rs could have lied, or they could have made a mistake. BR could have made a mistake as well; 9 year olds are not infallible witnesses.

There is no reason to imply he knows who the killer is, but doesn't care as long as he's rolling in Daddy's money. More likely he doesn't want to answer questions because he knows he has no further info. of any value.

he's prob been asked about it every day of his life and just tired of it. instead of constantly addressing it just ignore and move on.

I have never in my mind been able to make the connection between Burke and whatever happened to JonBenet that day. His parents sent him from the house that day when at the same time they were telling cops their little daughter had been taken. That seems very strange to me that the Ramsey's would even want him out of their sight while their other child was supposed to have been taken according to the long ransom letter.

Secondly, I find it a bit strange when he was being questioned about what happened, he was asked if he had any questions for the cops...he said yes, "Is that a real Rolex?"

What 9 year old child meets with cops and inquires about a watch when the subject is the death of his little sister? He's always appeared strange to me.

jmo

The behavior you mention, (him not bringing JB up after her death and the parents not bringing up her name to him) is a RED FLAG. It is abnormal. Couple that with the fact that J & PR spent $ on legal defense but DID NOT take any security precautions upon Burke's return to school. Sorry I cannot locate the link at the moment, but there was also a Burke comment to police to the effect that he was disappointed that the trip to Charlevoix was going to be delayed because they were going to be "tied up with the police" that day.

He knew his sister was missing, there was police activity at the house, he was being sent out to stay with friends...All of this activity and the priority in his mind is that he won't be going on the trip as planned? Sorry. Even at 9 (almost 10) years of age that is NOT a normal response. Kids are inquisitive. They want to know what's going on. Kids pick up information from what is happening around them. And you can bet that his peer group was gathering information from the news media as well. The fact that Burke was taken off the premises doesn't mean he was moved to a location with a "media blackout". He knew what was happening...And then there is the statement by PR regarding her telling BR that "JB is in heaven" and that he was satisfied with that statement and never asked for more information. Hello??? Does anyone have a 9 or 10 year old child? This is abnormal.

I don't think it's abnormal for a kid who's raised in a house full of secrets and taught from an early age that there are questions you just don't ask.

I have never in my mind been able to make the connection between Burke and whatever happened to JonBenet that day. His parents sent him from the house that day when at the same time they were telling cops their little daughter had been taken. That seems very strange to me that the Ramsey's would even want him out of their sight while their other child was supposed to have been taken according to the long ransom letter.

Secondly, I find it a bit strange when he was being questioned about what happened, he was asked if he had any questions for the cops...he said yes, "Is that a real Rolex?"

What 9 year old child meets with cops and inquires about a watch when the subject is the death of his little sister? He's always appeared strange to me.

jmo

ITA. His behavior was VERY odd at the time. Siblings fight sometimes, there are jealousies and rivalries in nearly all families. Regardless of how much he may have felt he was always second to JB in the family or resented her, this was still his little sister who was DEAD. Asking about the Rolex is just one more evidence of his strange detachment from his sister and her death. Kids cry when a PET dies. I do not recall seeing or hearing that BR cried that day or any other. He reportedly said that he was disappointed because it looked like they were probably not going on vacation. He left for the White's carrying his new Nintendo (nothing too odd about that, though) and seemed otherwise not upset. He did NOT leave the house in tears. I often wonder if FW and his family were questioned about BR's behaviors or what he may have said while at the White home that day or on the way over in the car.
It was also reported as odd that when he was seen by the therapist or psychologist, he was asked to draw his family, and he did not draw JB. Though she was dead, I recall reading that this was though of as unusual, because kids that age will still put the deceased sibling in their drawings, especially as this was so recent.
He told the therapist he "just wanted to get on with his life". This was DAYS after the murder. Never seemed worried about his own safety, though. Neither were his parents. No danger there.

He told the therapist he "just wanted to get on with his life". This was DAYS after the murder. Never seemed worried about his own safety, though. Neither were his parents. No danger there.
Hmm, I wonder where he got that from?

1 killing, 2 stories: You decide
By Chuck Green
Denver Post Columnist, April 12, 2000

There are two stories out there, and it's up to you to decide which one you believe. Both can't be true.
One version of the story comes from the Ramseys, John and Patsy.
When they appeared on CNN on New Year's Day 1997 - almost 31/2 years ago, but only six days after the horrible event - the Ramseys said they weren't angry at the killer who smashed the skull of their daughter and then, while she was dying from the massive blow to her head, wrapped a nylon cord around her neck and pulled it tight until she strangled.
They said they just wanted to get on with life.
Since then, they have sailed under the summer sun on Lake Michigan on their yacht and traveled to Spain on vacation and moved to a new home in an affluent neighborhood of Atlanta and hired contractors to remodel their new home. Indeed, their wish has been granted, and they've moved on.
You can read all about it in their book.

The second version comes from Steve Thomas, a Boulder detective who spent more than two years gathering evidence in his politically frustrated hunt to find the killer of the Ramseys' daughter.
During that search, he didn't take a single week off - not to sail on a private yacht, not to travel in Spain, not to buy a new home in a rich suburb in another state, not to spend Christmas with his wife, not to rush to the bedside of his dying father.
Instead, he dedicated those years to finding the killer of JonBenét Ramsey.
You can read all about it in his book.
I've read both books, and I tend to believe the version written by the detective who has sacrificed his weekends and his nights and his holidays and his health and his career in the pursuit of JonBenét's killer.
I put less value on the version written by the child's parents, who now live their life of leisure in Atlanta, where they occasionally issue press statements calling the hard-working and fact-finding detective a "moron.''
Thomas writes that when an FBI agent asked Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter whether he was going to call a grand jury in the case, he said:
"This is a political decision. ... I have to get with my people.''
And, in the end, consider this:
Patsy Ramsey's great dream was to see her daughter walk down the bright beauty-pageant runway, wearing the sparkling crown of Miss America - an achievement Patsy once described as the greatest accomplishment a woman could ever attain.
In contrast, Detective Thomas closes his book with this final thought about the potential of a child he never met:
"Miss America was the least she could have been.''
Jimmy the Professor, who occasionally submits his thoughts for publication in this spot but who is rarely listened to, had this to say about the latest developments in the JonBenét Ramsey murder case:
I see the Ramseys are saying the detective has it all wrong. They ought to know - after all, they were there.
http://extras.denverpost.com/news/green0412.htm

ITA. His behavior was VERY odd at the time. Siblings fight sometimes, there are jealousies and rivalries in nearly all families. Regardless of how much he may have felt he was always second to JB in the family or resented her, this was still his little sister who was DEAD. Asking about the Rolex is just one more evidence of his strange detachment from his sister and her death. Kids cry when a PET dies. I do not recall seeing or hearing that BR cried that day or any other. He reportedly said that he was disappointed because it looked like they were probably not going on vacation. He left for the White's carrying his new Nintendo (nothing too odd about that, though) and seemed otherwise not upset. He did NOT leave the house in tears. I often wonder if FW and his family were questioned about BR's behaviors or what he may have said while at the White home that day or on the way over in the car.
It was also reported as odd that when he was seen by the therapist or psychologist, he was asked to draw his family, and he did not draw JB. Though she was dead, I recall reading that this was though of as unusual, because kids that age will still put the deceased sibling in their drawings, especially as this was so recent.

Whoa! These are some tidbits about Burke I didn't know or had heard. The phrase just wanting to get on with his life, certainly is strange coming for a boy nearly 10. My guess he was mimicking some adult with that statement.

But yes, there are so many unanswered questions about the boy's behavior or mood the day he left for the White's home. And, why was he sent off. He did have questions for his parents asking them what they found and being told by his dad that in short it wasn't his business whatever was going on in the home.

I've always felt Burke was advance enough to be "playing doctor" with his little sister. And, that Patsy had caught him a time or two. And, she would explode and handle the act with shame and anger threating him not to do it again. It would be the dark family secret that Patsy could not face.

With that in mind, I can fit this into the Christmas evening in question. The family arrives home, the kids beg for a pineapple treat. Then the kids go off to Burke's room, they are playing with their Christmas toys and Burke decides it's time to be the "doctor" again. Patsy catches him when she hears Jon Benet scream. He has the flashlight aimed at his sister's pelvic area in order to see better, Patsy grabs the flashlight from him and by accident
hits JonBenet in the head. And Burke is banished from the room once John arrives to see what has happened.

However it would seem to me that for most boys his age, that would be a tramatic event. However, maybe for Burke it wasn't because being caught by his mother had happened before, minus the head injury of course.

I can also see that the scene of Burke molesting his sister would be a reason Patsy and John didn't rush JonBenet to the hospital with a head injury. The fear and the thought that she might be dead would make them take matters into their own hands.

But, I'm just rambling on here, almost off topic. But these images of Burke and how he reacted to his sister's death and that entire evening keeps me conjuring up all sorts of situations to understand what really happened.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back