GUILTY UK - Brothers, 10 & 12, for sexual assault of 2 boys, Edlington, South Yorks, 2009

I have children around the age of the boys who were the perps-this story has had me looking very closely at them to see what in them could be either perp or victim -all I see is innocence. The boys in this case-they enjoyed inflicting the pain...once that happens, it has to set in motion a chain of events that will be difficult to over come. They will have to be watched closely forever-who is going to take that job on?

And who is going to pay the price if "rehab" is unsucessful?

And who is going to pay the price if "rehab" is unsucessful?

I think for me this is the crux of all of this-they will be watched for a period of time and people will be waiting for them to fail and hurt someone again. How do we know if they succumbed to pressure or if they genuinely gave in to impulse?

Sooo Hard....and if they don't hurt someone well then the recognition they will receive will be equally as unsupportive, for we as a society will have demanded they do better.

I think for me this is the crux of all of this-they will be watched for a period of time and people will be waiting for them to fail and hurt someone again. How do we know if they succumbed to pressure or if they genuinely gave in to impulse?

Sooo Hard....and if they don't hurt someone well then the recognition they will receive will be equally as unsupportive, for we as a society will have demanded they do better.

It is heartbreaking, and very depressing to think that we probably cannot intervene on any great level with someone so young. I was thinking about duos that commit crimes, and maybe hopefully there is a clear leader among them. If one of them actually feels guilty for what they did and was trying desperately to please the other, which would not be unlikely given their backgrounds and need for love and acceptance, then maybe that one can be helped.

But if they both have been abused to a degree that they did not form empathy, and enjoyed inflicting pain and distress on someone more vulnerable than themselves I don't know that I believe that can unwired.

Reminds me of this case: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/weird/graham_young/index.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/8476679.stm

Campaigners are calling for an increase in the term two brothers will have to serve for torturing two young boys in South Yorkshire.

The pair, who were aged 10 and 11 at the time of the attack last year, have been detained indefinitely with a minimum term of five years.

Pressure groups including Kidscape are appealing for the Attorney General to examine the case.

Police said a prosecution of the attackers' family was being considered.

Sheffield Crown Court was told how the brothers, who had been the products of a "toxic home life", lured their victims, aged nine and 11, to a secluded spot in Edlington, Doncaster, and subjected them to 90 minutes of violence and sexual humiliation.

The whole debacle can be read at the link. There are a lot of these feral kids here. This one is particularly shocking, the youngest sounds like a psychopath in the making I'm afraid.
Neither showed any empathy or remorse:banghead:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/8476679.stm

Campaigners are calling for an increase in the term two brothers will have to serve for torturing two young boys in South Yorkshire.

The pair, who were aged 10 and 11 at the time of the attack last year, have been detained indefinitely with a minimum term of five years.

Pressure groups including Kidscape are appealing for the Attorney General to examine the case.

Police said a prosecution of the attackers' family was being considered.

Sheffield Crown Court was told how the brothers, who had been the products of a "toxic home life", lured their victims, aged nine and 11, to a secluded spot in Edlington, Doncaster, and subjected them to 90 minutes of violence and sexual humiliation.

The whole debacle can be read at the link. There are a lot of these feral kids here. This one is particularly shocking, the youngest sounds like a psychopath in the making I'm afraid.
Neither showed any empathy or remorse:banghead:

It made me sick thinking these kids are so young & doing this already.

I feel bad they've had toxic home lives and have been robbed of their childhoods....question is - can they be fixed??....have their brains already been 'programmed' into being future adult psychopaths??....sadly, I think not unless there are phenomenal medical breakthroughs soon enough to save them - and anyone around them - from future violence.

"Mr Campbell, prosecuting, described how, after the brothers left the scene, the younger boy, then aged nine, knelt next to the other boy and asked him if he was okay.
The elder boy replied: "No. I can't see and I can't move my body."
He went on: "You go and I'll just die here."

from an earlier article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/south_yorkshire/8472265.stm

That made me cry..............

"Mr Campbell, prosecuting, described how, after the brothers left the scene, the younger boy, then aged nine, knelt next to the other boy and asked him if he was okay.
The elder boy replied: "No. I can't see and I can't move my body."
He went on: "You go and I'll just die here."

from an earlier article:

That made me cry..............

It is heartbreaking isn't it, made me cry too, just so terrible...

Oh dear God...they video taped it!

"Yesterday, the families of the two victims gasped and cried as mobile phone footage of part of the attack was played in court.
The 20-second video, taken by one of the brothers, showed his sibling taunting and hitting one of his victims as he lay on the ground covered in blood."

"The doctor who arrived with the air ambulance at the scene, said the boy was "unresponsive" and had a temperature of 28.5C (83.3F) - a sign of severe hypothermia, the judge was told.
He was taken to the intensive care unit at Sheffield Children's Hospital with a range of injuries all over his body, including fractures to his face.
Mr Campbell said: "Had he lain undiscovered for much longer, [the hospital consultant] is of the opinion that the outcome could well have been a fatal one."

"A BBC investigation has already revealed the two attackers were well-known troublemakers and that social services were heavily involved in their lives.
A Safeguarding Children Board report, seen by BBC Newsnight, found the attack could have been prevented.

I could have sworn we had a thread on these kids...they are breath taking in their complete disregard for their victims...all of them. No edit. No shame.

let's do one better, lock THEM up for life, AND their mom and dad. I don't ALWAYS blame things on parents but for ****s sake, what these two little boys did and learned from someone is just beyond disgusting :(

let's do one better, lock THEM up for life, AND their mom and dad. I don't ALWAYS blame things on parents but for ****s sake, what these two little boys did and learned from someone is just beyond disgusting :(

I wish I could find the other thread, because we had some locals from the UK posting about the family...IIRC there was a stepdad who burned the boys with cigarette butts and beat them brutally....I could be making this up but I swear this is what I remember...I will see if I can find it.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ys-will-kill-next-time-victims-dad-warns.html

And this couldve been so easily prevented YET AGAIN........Workers had 31 ,yes,31 opportunities to intervene but didn't!!!!They knew these boys were troubled & the family was a mess........these boys were given drugs & alcohol & access to *advertiser censored* in addition to being "dragged up" in a brutal,loveless home.It was only a matter of time before this (or worse)happened..........whats really bad is I read ,after this story broke,the council PAID (from taxpayers money)to send the 'Mother' into hiding by sending her a holiday(vacation)!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could find the other thread, because we had some locals from the UK posting about the family...IIRC there was a stepdad who burned the boys with cigarette butts and beat them brutally....I could be making this up but I swear this is what I remember...I will see if I can find it.
You remember correctly(The Sun has all their stories archived online)..........the older siblings are all criminals also as are the fathers.My British husband refers to the 'mother' as a "Dole Mole" .That means shes never worked a day in her life & relies 100% on benefits to support her brood of children (7 boys) who were born on benefits & will likely die on them.
The "yob" culture in England is a huge problem..........you are looking & 2nd & 3rd generations who never finished school or worked a day in their lives whose lives revolve around alcohol,drugs,cigarettes & crime with innocent children caught in the cross fire.The social services are failing them(look at 'Baby P')and this vicious,evil cycle will continue as the councils fail them as do the courts (the English judicial system is notoriously,laughably lax).
Until theres a major overhaul we will continue to hear these stories :(

I mean these boys did not hesitate. They were seasoned, psychopathic and organized. At 10 and 11. They blamed each other. Like they knew what to say when they were caught. Souless. At their ages?? Nature vs nurture folks???

Thanks for the confirmation Vespa-I was afraid I had been dreaming it. Mom was rewarded by being flown into hiding. Wow.

Wonder if Mom is mentally challenged?

I do like that these boys may be detained beyond five years.

Here in our country they are just let out in society no matter how dangerous they are when they reach the age of 18.

I sure think the courts need to reassess these two boys and see if they have made any progress, which I find doubtful, before they are dumped out into society again.

"Campaigners are calling for an increase in the term two brothers will have to serve for torturing two young boys in South Yorkshire.

imo

Believe, I wish you could find that thread as I would love to hear what locals are saying.
It makes me want to cry, if this happened to my loved ones I just don't know what I would do, poor, poor boys (the victims)
Also I read that the perpetrators were drugged by their own mother, they were babies once, I don't beleive psychopaths were born that way...that mother should be prosecuted IMHO:furious:

Believe, I wish you could find that thread as I would love to hear what locals are saying.
It makes me want to cry, if this happened to my loved ones I just don't know what I would do, poor, poor boys (the victims)
Also I read that the perpetrators were drugged by their own mother, they were babies once, I don't beleive psychopaths were born that way...that mother should be prosecuted IMHO:furious:

Here is another link about this unbelievably horrible case. This boys should never bet let out in society imo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1245601/Name-Devil-Boys-We-let-hide.html#ixzz0dUYwnHgF

Name the Devil Boys: We must not let them hide
Exclusive: Parents of tortured boys describe their terrible ordeal... and call for the attackers to be treated like the killers of James Bulger

imo

Here is another link about this unbelievably horrible case. This boys should never bet let out in society imo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1245601/Name-Devil-Boys-We-let-hide.html#ixzz0dUYwnHgF

Name the Devil Boys: We must not let them hide
Exclusive: Parents of tortured boys describe their terrible ordeal... and call for the attackers to be treated like the killers of James Bulger

imo

Wow,I had to stop several times and take a little break while reading that article. It was an excellent and informative one...but wow...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back