FL - 17-yo Boy Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think that's pretty far fetched. Unless someone intentionally was trying to set up such a scenario.

You think it is far fetched someone would think a kid was up to no good because he was walking around and looking with a pack of skittles and an ice tea? That is the very first thing CZ said.

CZ did not know that kid or a single thing about his life.

Now I know who CZ is and I really believe he murdered that kid.

Now if I was walking down a dark street or a hallway or an alley and there is CZ coming at me why shouldn't I be as scared or more scared for my life then CZ ever was not knowing anything about this kid?

I'm really at a loss here. Can we think of something that happened in NYC that affected people across the US and the globe? Were we not affected because it didn't happen where we live?

I don't think GZ equates to Al Qaeda in terms of a viable threat to peoples' safety.

You think it is far fetched someone would think a kid was up to no good because he was walking around and looking with a pack of skittles and an ice tea? That is the very first thing CZ said.

CZ did not know that kid or a single thing about his life.

Now I know who CZ is and I really believe he murdered that kid.

Now if I was walking down a dark street or a hallway or an alley and there is CZ coming at me why shouldn't I be as scared or more scared for my life then CZ ever was not knowing anything about this kid?

I don't see why. Unless you really think he's going to kill again.

Wow. Trayvon's parents happened to be in New York because they were appearing on the Today Show show to discuss their son's case. They said they were in awe and deeply moved that people so far away were marching for their son. They agreed to speak at the rally. http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-Hoodie-March-Union-Square-NYC-143649686.html

But they are "riling people up" because they agreed to support the protesters?
141675368.jpg

141675368.jpg

Yes, this looks scary as can be to me and these grief-stricken, sad faced parents of a murdered child really look like they are trying to instigate a riot on the part of all those dangerous blacks milling about. Whew!

People chant "no justice, no peace" all the time at rallies. Is it only threatening when the cause is a black child killed due to racism? Or because many of the chanters are black?

Killed due to racism? No evidence of that. The photos I saw were at another site and there were pics of some extremely agitated people. Again, the race issue might be in your head because I never mentioned it, nor do I believe it.

Link about the girlfriend's call:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-phone-call-he-said-this-man-was-watching-him

Although Martin initially told his girlfriend he wasn't going to run, he eventually did, she said, but the stranger managed to corner him.

"Trayvon said, 'What, are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the headset just fell. I called him again and he didn't answer the phone."

After that, the line went dead, she said. According to ABC News, other than screams on 911 calls as Martin and Zimmerman scuffled, those were the last words Martin said.

"What George Zimmerman said to the police about him being suspicious and up to no good is completely contradicting to what he was doing," Crump said Tuesday. "This claim that Trayvon Martin was the aggressor is preposterous."

Martin's girlfriend is traumatized, Crump told reporters.

"She couldn't even go to his wake. She was so sick, she spent the night in the hospital," he said.

This says 'wake' but I have also read it as 'funeral'...the reporting has varied.

Hey, it happened in NYC. Al Qaeda has never bombed my town so what's it to me?

Al Qaeda was/is a threat to virtually any westerner. GZ is not. Al Qaeda is a terrorist organization, GZ is not. Completely invalid comparison.

Everyone, please. Calm down.

If posters can't discuss this case in a calm, reasoned, rational manner, then we will lock this thread to give everyone some time to get their wits about them.

Use your IMO/JMOs. Don't get dragged into a personal back-and-forth with someone who may not share your opinions. Don't get personal, and don't take it personal.

If a post fires you up, you don't need to respond to it. You have the choice to move on past it, or to alert responsibly if it violates TOS.

Where this post lands is random. The consequences for your posting decisions are not random; they will be based on your choices and WS rules.

Al Qaeda was/is a threat to virtually any westerner. GZ is not. Al Qaeda is a terrorist organization, GZ is not. Completely invalid comparison.

I agree, totally! My point was not to compare GZ with Al Qaeda, but, rather to show that what hurts one may hurt many. Trayvon's injustice is injustice to all of us. United we stand.

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~Martin Niemöller

What I think is invalid, and this is JMO, is accusing mourning parents of inciting riots because they are speaking out to get justice for their MURDERED son.

What I think is invalid, and this too is JMO, is ignoring the fact that what happens in this case has the potential to affect every young black male and his family no matter where they live.

What I think is invalid, again JMO, is not recognizing that vigilantes are in a sense domestic terrorists---validating this particular vigilante's actions can and will have danger repercussions for us as a society.

What's upsetting me is my 'thanks' thingee won't work without constant refreshing...LOL!

Everyone, please. Calm down.

If posters can't discuss this case in a calm, reasoned, rational manner, then we will lock this thread to give everyone some time to get their wits about them.

Use your IMO/JMOs. Don't get dragged into a personal back-and-forth with someone who may not share your opinions. Don't get personal, and don't take it personal.

If a post fires you up, you don't need to respond to it. You have the choice to move on past it, or to alert responsibly if it violates TOS.

Where this post lands is random. The consequences for your posting decisions are not random; they will be based on your choices and WS rules.

I needed to read this at this very moment. whew! Understood.

there's one thing i do want to say about the marches....i really wish some more white/hispanic/asian etc faces were seen marching as well. we ALL care and it seems like the majority of walkers are black (at least in photos)....come on "other" races, lets put our feet to pavement too !!!

there's one thing i do want to say about the marches....i really wish some more white/hispanic/asian etc faces were seen marching as well. we ALL care and it seems like the majority of walkers are black (at least in photos)....come on "other" races, lets put our feet to pavement too !!!

At the point that I was watching tonight's march, most of the faces appeared white to me.

Killed due to racism? No evidence of that. The photos I saw were at another site and there were pics of some extremely agitated people. Again, the race issue might be in your head because I never mentioned it, nor do I believe it.

Per CNN this evening...I listened to the audio recording of the 911 call whereby CNN DID NOT edit it in order to give the listening audience the full content without beeps/bleeps. They played it over and over again TEN times. GZ can clearly be heard saying "F---in _oons" - GZ is clearly a racist and targeted this young man because of his skin color. Arrest him already! IMO

ETA: By the way, CNN didn't even edit out the word F-CK. Wonder how that will go over with the FBC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa