Morgan to Depose George, Cindy & Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if BC is trying to accomplish two things

#1 avoid these depositions

#2 establish in a court of law that G & C are emotionally unable to testify at trial. If DC produces a Dr testimony within the 20 days and the judge allowes the A's not to appear, it will then be an 'established fact' that they are unable to testify.

If that is the case, I hope they continue to screw up, like George going on Geraldo, and heading down to Satsuma with the Haleigh case. I am sure the prosecution will have a field day with the things they do seem emotionally able to do.

No papers to prove his case but wins anyway...makes me sick.
I have to say I expected it. This judge is WAY to lenient.....saw that from the beginning. No wonder the Anthonys are so arrogant, they always get what they want. Cindy has never been told "NO" either....just like her daughter.

Give um some meds and send them to the office for the deposotion...what is so stressful in identifying a person who has nothing to do with the case? What a sham!

OT: What has happened to our buttons and smileys? no quotes, no Bold, italics, smileys have left the room?

Maybe Morgan & Co. should've come into court with videos of GA on Geraldo discussing Haleigh. And GA and CA at the Haleigh site speaking for the cameras. :(

Well. I think Mr. Morgan shot himself in the foot by touting this as a media event, in the media. He validly subpoenaed the A's in a timely fashion and his client was entitled for this to go forward. BC got one compassionate postponement before, apparently by agreement. He showed up today with nothing to support his assertions or his last-minute attempt to delay, and yet he got it. This judge seems really mild mannered, but he doesn't seem like much of a real courageous decider. Am I wrong that GA has recently appeared on national television in an interview context, and also giving presser sort of statements to the media at the home of Haleigh?

The good news for Morgan/ZG, the court surely can't dismiss the case while denying them any chance for discovery. Anyway, another reason why lawyers should go in the office and work and get prepared instead of discussing their client's cases in the media at every possible chance.

If that is the case, I hope they continue to screw up, like George going on Geraldo, and heading down to Satsuma with the Haleigh case. I am sure the prosecution will have a field day with the things they do seem emotionally able to do.

uh oh. Now I know how Lin feels. :)

No papers to prove his case but wins anyway...makes me sick.
I have to say I expected it. This judge is WAY to lenient.....saw that from the beginning. No wonder the Anthonys are so arrogant, they always get what they want. Cindy has never been told "NO" either....just like her daughter.

Give um some meds and send them to the office for the deposotion...what is so stressful in identifying a person who has nothing to do with the case? What a sham!

OT: What has happened to our buttons and smileys? no quotes, no Bold, italics, smileys have left the room?
Mine are still here.:dance:

uh oh. Now I know how Lin feels. :)

I apologize if that seems offensive, but George's testimony is needed in this case. I still think they can do it without it, however it is needed strongly. Too, I feel for both of them, but want justice for Caylee more than not wanting them feeling uncomfortable for a few hours.

I didn't get the impression that the judge was overly concerned about the A's emotional status. He seemed, IMO, to base his decision more on the media attention. I think he's have ruled the same way even if the A's health wasn't an issue.

I for one am getting tired of the "abundance of caution" on behalf of KC and her parents. It appears to me that they're welfare is getting more "kid-glove" treatment than ZG's right to a "clear name". KC created this whole situation by using ZG's name and placing her at the "scene". KC is responsible for her parents emotional state- NOT THIS deposition. George and Cindy were perfectly competent in promoting the Zanny Nanny plot line, but NOW they clam up?!
As I see it, the A's and their behaviour are responsible for their own predicament and to a large degree, the media involvement. NOT ZG's LAWSUIT OR JM. Where are ZG's rights and consideration for her current situation?? Imagine if it was one of us in ZG's seat....

Well, any lawyer can buy a Doctor to put that in print for the judge and he knows it....Workmank Comp Drs do it all the time..Strickland should have grown some you know what and stood his ground....absolutely ridiculous! Does the opposing side get the opportunity to psych test the deposing witnesses also?....doubt it! What is so frightening for the fragile Anthonys?

I am disgusted and don't have a smiley to prove it....uck!

I apologize if that seems offensive, but George's testimony is needed in this case. I still think they can do it without it, however it is needed strongly. Too, I feel for both of them, but want justice for Caylee more than not wanting them feeling uncomfortable for a few hours.

No no, that's a joke with lin and I. You beat me on the same thought!

EXACTLY, I kept waiting for the Attorney to bring that in....Why didn't he cite how many times in the last 2 weeks they have thrust themselves in front of the cameras..............No anxiety there??

Well, any lawyer can buy a Doctor to put that in print for the judge and he knows it....Workmand Comp Drs do it all the time..Strickland should have grown some you know what and stood his ground....absolutely ridiculous! Does the opposing side get the opportunity to test the witnesses also?....doubt it! What is so frightening for the fragile Anthonys?

I am disgusted and don't have a smiley to prove it....uck!

Just to clarify Whisperer, it was Judge Rodriguez and not Strickland.

Well. I think Mr. Morgan shot himself in the foot by touting this as a media event, in the media. He validly subpoenaed the A's in a timely fashion and his client was entitled for this to go forward. BC got one compassionate postponement before, apparently by agreement. He showed up today with nothing to support his assertions or his last-minute attempt to delay, and yet he got it. This judge seems really mild mannered, but he doesn't seem like much of a real courageous decider. Am I wrong that GA has recently appeared on national television in an interview context, and also giving presser sort of statements to the media at the home of Haleigh?

The good news for Morgan/ZG, the court surely can't dismiss the case while denying them any chance for discovery. Anyway, another reason why lawyers should go in the office and work and get prepared instead of discussing their client's cases in the media at every possible chance.
Yeah, this judge reminded me of the one in the Anna Nicole burial mess...

IMO BC was worse then Mr Morgan. What I find amazing is the judge complaints BC on his work for his client yet he didnt have the paper work. That usely is a smack down by the judge not praise. This whole case is just wacky beyond believe.

your so silly....and so funny....lol..sorry about the yellow jacket I am allergic to those.

He's not, thank God, but boy did his foot swell! It's better now.

I'm having a problem with these attn coming to court unprepared and then being given special treatment! Did ZFG's lawyer bring up george and cindy's recent media outing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff