MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
john skelton is the primary suspect

info about house cannot be disclosed

sighting in Toledo... his heart wanted to believe but his head... based on the investigation told him not...

JS is aware of LE's belief that this is the outcome of the case

TH on behalf of family:
days are long and nights are longer... emotions running the gamut... the family is strong and unified with faith in God......

imhoo this presser was in response to all the family/JS statements about them being with an "organization" and to get residents out looking for the boys once the weather breaks.

good job LE... way to be proactive.. I can think of several cases that need a dose of this!!!!!!!

...will be missed not only by family, but by friends, classmates, and entire community. Thank everyone who has given time, money, food, support,....
Will never be forgotton.
Process of healing and grieving will be different for each family member, it is personal and private. Family will NOT be giving any more interviews. Express appreciation to media for maintaining awareness...please do not make contact with the family...no one knows what future holds, tell your loved one each day you love them, etc...

This is all from Tanya's family member (?) Cathy Herrera

March 19th auction, money needed for tips leading to prosecution...

PC over, or I lost it...
Sadly, this is exactly what I expected to hear today...bless their hearts...

With little Juliani being found today, and now this news, it truly is a sad day.

I hope that the Skelton boys can be found and brought home to their mother too, and that JS will stay in prison for a long, long time.

According to press conference, they've decided to change from a missing persons investigation to a murder investigation.

The father is the primary suspect, motive probably the custody battle

Decision is based on entirety of evidence, not on any specific thing. Investigation revealed father was not telling the truth about what happened to children. The "underground adoption network" that father claimed he gave children to does not exist. They did extensive investigation, can't find any evidence it exists.

<snips>

Weeks said the boys' father, John Skelton, who is facing kidnapping charges in their disappearance, gave misinformation to investigators.

He said Skelton told police the boys are with a group called the United Foster Outreach and Underground Sanctuaries -- a group Weeks said investigators have not been able to confirm exists.
Weeks said he wanted to make this news public so that when farmers go back to their fields in the spring and campers head to campgounds, they are aware that the boys -- Andrew, Alexander and Tanner, ages 9, 7 and 5 -- may still be out there.

more here

http://www.freep.com/article/201102...ys-disappearance-becomes-murder-investigation

As much as I felt this to be the case in my heart, I was sure holding onto hope that it would turn out not to be so.

Three more young innocent lives to mourn. When will it end?

How heartbreaking.

This gives JS motivation to come clean if he didn't hurt them. But if he did, we can expect him to keep up the charade.

We will be praying for the family and that Tanner, Alexander and Andrew are found soon.

What a shame.

I've been reading through all the links posted, I haven't seen whether or not they have evidence to support murder charges. Do they?

I'm assuming they have much more evidence than they are letting on, otherwise these charges would be pretty weak in court.

Ugghhh......

I think I hate JS.

Those beautiful boys. So sweet in every photo - vibrant & happy.

Please God - let them be found.

I told my mom something was happening. Starting the middle of last week cars have been at the neighbors much like they were the frist few days. This weekend Tanya's sisters were all at the house. I knew they had gotten some information but I did not know what. I am so heart broken. Now I have to figure out how to tell my kids. I am sick to my stomach. Heartbroken.

I think they are planning to proceed with a murder case without finding the boys' bodies, based on conflicting statements from JS, lies from JS, and the fact that the boys are virtually gone. Not sure what else they have, of course, but I think he said in the very beginning that the children were dead, before he started spinning his lies. I've always felt they were gone, and I hope they can make a case and get a conviction.

I told my mom something was happening. Starting the middle of last week cars have been at the neighbors much like they were the frist few days. This weekend Tanya's sisters were all at the house. I knew they had gotten some information but I did not know what. I am so heart broken. Now I have to figure out how to tell my kids. I am sick to my stomach. Heartbroken.

*hugs*

It`s heartbreaking for me to think about, I can only imagine how your family and Tanya and her family must be feeling. Thank you for posting about the grandmother`s blog. Her writings are raw and honest.

If you get a chance to talk with the family, please pass along that they are all still being thought about and prayed for.

Just heard about this case on a Cincinnati TV station last night. So be assured that the case is being publicized so that people can be looking for the boys or their remains.

I am a little confused. If the mother had just filed for divorce, legally wouldn't both parents have had custody? So how could they file parental kidnapping charges? I am also surprised that they have stated it is homicide at this point and so definately too. I too wonder if they don't have more evidence than they are announcing. Anyone know what they found at the home search? I am wondering if they maybe found blood evidence.

I don't think it is so much a custody issue as it was probably a punishment/revenge issue against the mother. She left him, so he will make her hurt. In his mind she is destroying the marriage, so he will destroy the fruit of the marriage. I wonder if there was a history of DV in the marriage?

I'm sure they have phone records and computer info and most likely, nothing indicates that he was in touch with any sort of "rescue" group for his children, probably nothing out of the ordinary as far as his communications. Along with his conflicting statements, lack of any evidence of the boys, no jackets missing from home, etc...

It is sad that they have no idea where to begin a search, due to the amount of time between when the boys were last seen and when it was known that they were gone. I do hope they are all together and found in the spring.

I am so sorry, Keepinghope.

I was too upset to post yesterday, and am mad as a hatter at that narcissistic father, who only cares about himself.

I will get a TO if I say what I really want to.

Those beautiful boys had a whole life in front of them, and did not deserve such cruelty.

Their family and friends must be devastated with this horrible news.

The only solace I can see in the entire situation, is that the 3 of them are all together, and at peace. Their pictures cause such a heavy heart.

They are Angels above us. :(

I am lousy with names so of course I can't remember the name of the case I am thinking about. But this case reminds me strongly of the case where the alleged father of a boy and girl took them to an activity, then they were never seen again. Parents were divorced. Alleged father refused to talk about what happened to the kids. Kids were missing several years, then a woman who felt strongly about the case started taking her dog and looking for the kids and she found them. I am thinking that before the kids were found the alleged father committed suicide in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23