SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been cleared and is NOT a POI. There's absolutely no reason to suspect anyone associated with him. Just imagine how HE feels.

Exactly. It's like when Mickey went missing. Everyone clawed at her poor best friend like he was guilty. He loved MS sooo much and should have been given an apology by everyone that pointed a finger. Understand, LadyHawkke.

I just checked the weather history for Myrtle Beach on 11/5/13 and the high temperature that day was 69. Maybe she just meant it was 66 degrees.

Exactly. It's like when Mickey went missing. Everyone clawed at her poor best friend like he was guilty. He loved MS sooo much and should have been given an apology by everyone that pointed a finger. Understand, LadyHawkke.

I'm not saying it was this time, but the real murderer in Mickey's case turned out to be a convicted sex offender from the area.

I just checked the weather history for Myrtle Beach on 11/5/13 and the high temperature that day was 69. Maybe she just meant it was 66 degrees.

Or maybe it had been 66 days since starting a relationship with someone... Who knows...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He has been cleared and is NOT a POI. There's absolutely no reason to suspect anyone associated with him. Just imagine how HE feels.

I was not hinting at him. He could have an ex and not be aware of anything at all, like a stalker/type. Some people do not let go.

I am curious why the details of what HE was last SEEN wearing were not released? Since she was last SEEN by her date, it seems these details would be very important for the public to know. An article of clothing, purse, cell phone could surface ANYWHERE and if it's not in the thoughts of the public it could easily be discarded... I recently read about a home abduction that took place in Columbia SC area and the young girls phone was found in Myrtle Beach near Walmart/ Seaboard St... The family and community has done such an amazing job getting HE's disappearance out there but the public needs to be aware of these details just in case something should surface so it is not overlooked.

Because if the date spent time with HE up in her apartment, she probably changed into other clothing if she went out again.
So, maybe no one really knows what she wore out if, let's say, she left her apartment and drove over to Taco Bell and was followed from there.

I'm dying to know what, if anything, LE has viewed on tape. In Mickey Shunick's case they knew she was alive at a certain time because, as her friend told LE, they drove through the fast food place and she was captured on tape at that time just like the friend said. They went back to his house but she rode her bike home at 2AM. Lots of people pointed the finger at him but he was telling the truth all along - poor guy. That's why we have to be careful before getting locked into a singular perp because things aren't always the way they appear or what seems most logical.

Amber Berbiglia was found murdered in broad daylight in Myrtle Beach in May 2013.

Amber worked at the Tilted Kilt.

Here is Amber's thread. If you are at all interested in sleuthing connections between these 2 cases, let alone Brittanee's, and the others who are currently missing in the immediate vicinity, please have a look at their cases.

2469128_G.jpg

2470805_G.jpg

Here is Amber's thread at Websleuths. Unfortunately, it's very short.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208106&page=3

http://www.wbtw.com/story/22172791/friends-family-mourn-myrtle-beach-woman-found-dead

Berbiglia was originally from Albany, NY and lived in the Little River/North Myrtle Beach area. She had attended high school in Ohio and New York.

She was found dead beneath a bridge that spans Green Village Road off Sand Ridge Road -– just a day after friends say she took her final exams at HGTC.

Heather is missing, and worked at the Tilted Kilt.

BBM - I would like to know if the area that Amber was found has been searched?

I have not seen anyone (including myself) accuse the date of anything, so not sure why even the comparison to Mickey. JMO

I haven't had time to catch up on the posts, so please forgive me if already posted. Our local SC news has said that Capt. Robbie Williams is on the run and classified a deserter now.
http://www.thestate.com/2014/01/09/3197648/missing-shaw-afb-captain-now-considered.html

Robbie Williams was last seen on December 18th though.
Heather has been missing since the wee hours of the 18th afaik.
The precise details, timewise, would have to be examined to determine if there's a possibility of a connection.
Chances are these two situations aren't connected imo.

Not to harp on the offender at her work, but did he work there when the other woman worked there and was murdered? (If in fact it is confirmed she worked at TK).

I think the point was that though he has been cleared and is not a person of interest...he may have a girlfriend or ex girlfriend or secret admirer or male friend who was jealous that H.E. took an interest in him....just that the first date may be the reson or be related to or tied into her diappearance somehow

Robbie Williams was last seen on December 18th though.
Heather has been missing since the wee hours of the 18th afaik.
The precise details, timewise, would have to be examined to determine if there's a possibility of a connection.
Chances are these two situations aren't connected imo.

She could have gone m.i.a. during the day before her car was noticed. Does anybody know an approximate time for when the car was noticed?

My husband sold his Colt Commander (.45) that had a tendency to jam and bought a Sig Sauer P230 (.38) and believes this is a superior weapon for a woman's self defense given the correct ammunition which is 'hollow-point'.
My hands aren't large and the gun feels comfortable but substantial when I aim it.
In a life or death situation he told me to pull the trigger three times. :twocents:

Sorry to bring up talking about handgun protection again, but I missed out on the discussion and just wanted to add my 2 cents if I may.

Mainly just want to say I am glad to hear of many women not being afraid to purchase protection and do the proper training to get comfortable with their choice of weapon. That to me is the main thing when choosing what type....Mainly to get something they are comfortable using and train enough to where it becomes second nature.

I am a male, have a CCP, and feel very "naked" and insecure when I forget to bring it with me whenever I go anywhere. Its a nice comfy feeling to have it close by. The choice I ended up with for CC is my .380 semi-auto. I have other larger caliber i keep at home near headboard, but I just feel most comfortable with my .380 for CC.

Thanks for allowing 1 more post on this topic.

I thought this was a great way for the media to keep HE out there. Not to mention plead for someone to come forward & show that they are there for the family without having to stick a camera up their noses.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24407009/consider-this-finding-heather-elvis

Also in case you haven't seen it yet- There is a post on the CUE page & Monica Caison's looking for searchers for this weekend. I hope this is alright to add this post here since it isn't really rumor- its asking for search assistance and some here are searchers:
ATTENTION: CUE Search for missing Heather Elvis on January 11, 2014 (Saturday) 9:00 am at the corner of "Dick Scobee Drive and Ronald McNair Road in Myrtle Beach, SC you will see the set up. Please bring a current identification with you and dress for the weather, proper footwear. thank you

Monica Caison
CUE Center for Missing Persons
PO Box 12714 Wilmington, NC 28405
(910) 343-1131 or (910) 232-1687
cuecenter@aol.com
http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/

Amber Berbiglia was found murdered in broad daylight in Myrtle Beach in May 2013.

Amber worked at the Tilted Kilt.

Here is Amber's thread. If you are at all interested in sleuthing connections between these 2 cases, let alone Brittanee's, and the others who are currently missing in the immediate vicinity, please have a look at their cases.

2469128_G.jpg

2470805_G.jpg

Here is Amber's thread at Websleuths. Unfortunately, it's very short.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208106&page=3

http://www.wbtw.com/story/22172791/friends-family-mourn-myrtle-beach-woman-found-dead

Heather is missing, and worked at the Tilted Kilt.

BBM - I would like to know if the area that Amber was found has been searched?

I am almost positive AB did not work at TK when she was murdered, so I guess she worked there prior? I am friends with a couple of her friends and I have been in the same places as her on several occasions. As far as I know, she worked at OT and also at GN, where she was headed the day she was murdered. (I know OT has been mentioned, I have not followed her thread closely so I am not sure if GN has been mentioned?)

She could have gone m.i.a. during the day before her car was noticed. Does anybody know an approximate time for when the car was noticed?

We talked about that...but it seems strange that she would not call or text at all if she woke up,as usual.

As an Air Force member myself, yes a Captain, let alone Enlisted or Officers would not just up and run for no good reason. It's a stretch but, Shaw AFB where he is stationed is only 90-100 miles from Myrtle Beach, My belief is he headed dead west when spotted in Waco Georgia, buuut, it's not a stretch to believe he went southeast, then west. After all, both were last seen on Dec 18.

I was in the Navy and, at one time when I was in the Navy had the highest desertion rate. Still desertion by a senior enlisted or an officer was only a very small percentage of the deserters. I actually only knew of two stories of officers deserting when I was in the Navy and in both cases they had embezzled funds and knew they either close to or very likely to be caught. I had one classmate in a course who hired one of his senior enlisted to murder his estranged wife and yet neither he nor the murderer deserted when LE was getting close. Junior enlisted go UA (Unauthorized Absence) because they feel the service is not for them or things aren't working out like they expected. But an officer, especially a USAF captain, that just doesn't happen without some powerful motivating factor.

It is likely to not even be remotely related to HE's case. But it is doesn't happen often and it sure is coincidental.

I have not seen anyone (including myself) accuse the date of anything, so not sure why even the comparison to Mickey. JMO

No, LE hasn't implicated HE's date. But whoever that is was the last known person with her. Just like in MS's case regarding her male friend. LE cleared him as well from the getgo. Regardless, peeps still suspected him.

If you're addressing my post, I was thinking in general terms of "most likely". For example, in HE's case, RSO possibly. MS's case is a good case to keep in mind because there aren't many cases that have been solved recently.
Like Kelli Bordeaux's unsolved case who unbeknownst to her took a ride from an RSO(ped case).
Everyone assumes he's the perp because logically why wouldn't he be? But, as you study the case, the plot thickens imo.

One of the first statistics I learned when joining WS, was that usually the perp is someone the victim knows and that LE works inward going outward.
The few cases I've followed that have solved, Jessica R., Mickey S., and the young wife in WA? who gave her neighbor a ride - sorry can't recall her name because the case was solved quickly. She knew her killer (neighbor) but it wasn't her husband as he, if going by statistics, would be the number one suspect. After several cases, I've been fighting the tendency to lock into logical conclusions of what seems the most likely isn't always so.

It's just so darn frustrating to know so much about so many cases that aren't able to bring answers and justice to the victims and their families.

One thing, in MS's case, LE tried their best to communicate with the public in the beginning. Everyone wanted more but LE was onto something and found out what happened. No one could have known it was that guy from what knowledge we had. That's some of the best police work imo and it didn't take them ten or twenty fricken years! Jessica R's case let us in on some pretty impressive LE work too imo. We only know that though because LE solved the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson