CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a great weekend friends.
See you Monday!
HUGS

I missed the whole questioning today but I think I got the gist of it by hearing the jury questions. One particular favorite was, "In your opinion, are all people with delusions who kill insane?"

Also,
Dr. Max Wachtel ‏@mwachtel 39m39 minutes ago
Without realizing it, Dr. Woodcock just admitted the #theatertrial defendant was sane while he was planning his attack. #theatershooting

Dr. Max Wachtel ‏@mwachtel 34m34 minutes ago
My expert opinion on Dr. Woodcock's testimony for the #theatertrial defense: Unmitigated Disaster. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 53s54 seconds ago
Woodcock is taking the stand again, preparing for jurors' questions. #TheaterShooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
VIDEO: Watch the confrontation between DA @GeorgeBrauchler and Dr. Woodcock in the #TheaterShooting trial: http://dpo.st/1JoB3Hn

bbm

Oooohh, delightful, zoey!! And another ouchie for poor Woodchuck. Thanks for posting it for us.

Thank you zoey for all you have done for all of us!! You are a champion Tweeter-Repeater and we wuv you for it. It's a lot of work -- listening to the trial, going to twitter, finding the place you left on twitter before, picking up those tweets, and pasting them over here, and doing it again, and again, and again, and again.... You're a trooper. Sleep well tonight -- pamper your sweet self tomorrow!! ;)

Hi guys. Missed the last 2 days of testimony. Ive been following the Dannemora Prison break threads and got caught up in everything happening with that. I will catch up over the wkend and join you all on Monday.
Thanks for the tweets.. and the video links.. They will help me move through it faster!! Hugs!! = )

Hi guys. Missed the last 2 days of testimony. Ive been following the Dannemora Prison break threads and got caught up in everything happening with that. I will catch up over the wkend and join you all on Monday.
Thanks for the tweets.. and the video links.. They will help me move through it faster!! Hugs!! = )
You must watch GB's cross & re cross on youtube and also his follow up after the jurors questions.

You must watch GB's cross & re cross on youtube and also his follow up after the jurors questions.

Indeed!!! Thinking I may rewatch! Love GB especially when he had enough--however I bet if someone sneezed he would have done a "bless you"

I went back and watched what I missed of Woodcock and here are my observations:

Woodcock is not a forensic psychiatrist

Woodcock, however, reviewed the reports of other actual forensic psychiatrists, and determined those findings to be incorrect

Woodcock had a defense attorney in the room of his first interview with Holmes where he never discussed the planning of or actual crime

Woodcock turned in a report on JH's sanity after only meeting with him for 2 hours

Woodcock cited a 30 year old, penal code in his report that CO no longer uses

Woodcock said in report JH knew what he was doing was illegal and would not be approved by others

Woodcock's report was approx. 13 pages while previous reports were 50+ pages

Woodcock watched 30 minutes of Reid's interviews, reviewed approximately 100 pages of the 600 pages of the transcript from that interview

Woodcock agrees the jury has seen more of the Reid interview than he has

Woodcock did not speak with other psychiatrists or Holmes' parents, as others did

Woodcock saw failure of JH's apartment bombs to detonate as evidence of his declining cognitive state, even though FBI agents testified they would have detonated had anyone entered the apartment

Woodcock knew he was psychotic when fell from bed because he had already been diagnosed as psychotic with no remission

Woodcock did not realize school psychiatrists never officially diagnosed him with psychosis

Woodcock says his delusions took hold of him and he no longer knew right from wrong the day he mentioned the floodgates being open in text to Hillary Allen. That was on July 8th. He agreed he would have known right from wrong before that text. By July 8th, JH had already bought every single weapon he used in his attack. He basically agreed JH was sane while planning these attacks.

Total disaster for the defense. Was that really the best they could come up with? :laughing: :laughing:

Have to give it to Brauchler. He did a great job.

Mr Brauchler at work, is a pleasure to watch.

Mr Brauchler at work, is a pleasure to watch.

Not just watch, but listen to. That is one thing I do like about him- the sound of his voice.

Unpopular opinion around here I'm sure - but as much as I love JM as a prosecutor, his voice just doesn't do it for me the way GB's does.

Not just watch, but listen to. That is one thing I do like about him- the sound of his voice.

Unpopular opinion around here I'm sure - but as much as I love JM as a prosecutor, his voice just doesn't do it for me the way GB's does.

Totally agree with you. I could not stand JM. Agreed with the prosecution but he got on my last nerve lol.

Yes, and he is ever so polite, with his, "Thank you for adding that" with Woodcooked.:D

Totally agree with you. I could not stand JM. Agreed with the prosecution but he got on my last nerve lol.

My only contention with JM is his voice. I find it distracting when men have higher pitched voices. I fully admit this is not a fair thing to judge someone on (much like height), but for some reason, its just something that bothers me. My current male boss has a similar type of voice, and I react to it the same way I did to JM's.

Well... Its official.. I'm in Love with George Brauchler!! lol

I have big love for GB! I thought he handled the so called 'expert' witness brilliantly. I was so irritated at the way Woodcock kept trying to add more into his answers to bolster his diagnosis of insanity. He just ended up looking silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to be fun in my house the next couple of weeks. Wimbledon starts today so I will have one eye on the trial and the other on the tennis! I will try to keep up with the posts too if I can multi task well enough :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member