UNSOLVED NJ - Jersey City, LIVING WhtMale, ~60, homeless, hit by car, Jan'16

skydelta3574

Reaction score
Jersey City Medical Center-Barnabas Health is making a second plea to the public to help identify a homeless man was was critically injured in a hit-and-run earlier this month.

This time hospital officials are hoping that published photos of the victim will result in family members or friends coming forward. They said that because of privacy laws, they needed police to approve the release of the photos of the man before they could be shared with the media...The man, who is approximately 60 years old, was struck near Barrow Street and Columbus Drive at around 3:45 a.m. Jan. 10 and taken to JCMC, where he remains unresponsive, unconscious and in critical condition, hospital spokesman Mark Rabson said today.

PHOTOS AT LINK

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/..._unidentified_hit-and.html#incart_2box_hudson

I work in that area of Jersey City. People drive like nuts on Christopher Columbus Drive. This intersection is about a block from the Grove Street PATH train station. I wonder if he could have been coming from NYC.

A commenter suggests that he looks like "Tony Seville".

I am quite surprised that the hospital put out a patient's photograph. It's one thing for the police to do it as part of their investigation of the hit and run but this is could be a HIPAA violation by JCMC.

I am quite surprised that the hospital put out a patient's photograph. It's one thing for the police to do it as part of their investigation of the hit and run but this is could be a HIPAA violation by JCMC.

I've always thought that way in these cases too but after more research I guess that if LE wants it then they have the ultimate authority over these things and the hospital won't be in trouble.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

I saw a similar story on NJ.com this morning. It's new, but if the man in that story is the one in this story, this would be the third appeal to the public. But that story says the man's been hospitalized since Feb. 20, while this thread is about someone hospitalized since Jan. 10. And the man in the new story has a different assumed name than the one listed here.

Without meaning any disrespect to anyone, are these two different patients?
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2016/03/jcmc_seeks_help_in_identifying_man_finding_family.html

Yeah, I think it's two different gentlemen: look at the eyebrows. Also, they were found a couple of miles apart. If the first man hasn't passed on or been IDed yet, then that hospital has two unidentified male patients...

I saw a similar story on NJ.com this morning. It's new, but if the man in that story is the one in this story, this would be the third appeal to the public. But that story says the man's been hospitalized since Feb. 20, while this thread is about someone hospitalized since Jan. 10. And the man in the new story has a different assumed name than the one listed here.

Without meaning any disrespect to anyone, are these two different patients?
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2016/03/jcmc_seeks_help_in_identifying_man_finding_family.html

A man who was brought into the Jersey City Medical Center on Feb. 20, whose name may be Thomas Sheridan. Hospital officials are asking the public's help to identify him and find family members who could provide his medical history. (JCMC photo)

Yeah, I think it's two different gentlemen: look at the eyebrows. Also, they were found a couple of miles apart. If the first man hasn't passed on or been IDed yet, then that hospital has two unidentified male patients...

The man, who is approximately 60 years old, was struck near Barrow Street and Columbus Drive at around 3:45 a.m. Jan. 10 and taken to JCMC, where he remains unresponsive, unconscious and in critical condition, hospital spokesman Mark Rabson said today.
The hospital is working closely with the Jersey City Police Department's Missing Persons Unit, who said the man was found on Sip Avenue in Jersey City.
Thank you. You're completely right!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onaquest