Troubling Web Site Seeks to Assist Sex Offenders

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000005261.cfm

This article does not give the website name or address. This is the first time I've heard of this.

8-13-2007

Troubling Web Site Seeks to Assist Sex Offenders

from staff reports

It promises discounts and help getting off state and federal registries. A Web site is looking for registered offenders to sign up so they can speak “with a collective voice.” The goal is to lobby Congress to lift "oppressive laws" and help offenders get off state and national registries.
The site tells potential members it will “pull you out from under the oppressive title of 'sex offender.' ”
The site also promises dating connections, legal referrals and even discounts on cell phones, insurance, vacation packages and small digital video recorders.
Steve Roddel of Family Watchdog said just by signing up, many sex offenders would be committing a felony.
“A lot of states, as part of their probation and parole requirements on sex offenders," he explained, "require that they have no access to the Internet.”
Dr. Bill Maier, vice president and psychologist in residence at Focus on the Family, told Family News in Focus the site raises many questions.
“Certainly if their intent is to somehow soften the laws on convicted sex offenders, we have to be very, very concerned," he said. “There’s a link on this website to a page that’s selling hidden cameras. That has to give all of us pause — what exactly are those hidden cameras going to be used for?”

I bet everyone of them convicted sex offenders know which site it is though Taximom. The very least we could hope is some of them do sign and violate their parole.

Maybe some good law abiding citizen is also watching the site so they can alert their neighbors. I personally think sex offenders should be castrated!

Maybe some good law abiding citizen is also watching the site so they can alert their neighbors. I personally think sex offenders should be castrated!

Your so kind!! I think they should be sentenced to death.

I bet everyone of them convicted sex offenders know which site it is though Taximom. The very least we could hope is some of them do sign and violate their parole.

Filly, I'm sure you're right about that.

Just FYI, I didn't mean that I want to know this website or have it published here.

Filly, I'm sure you're right about that.

Just FYI, I didn't mean that I want to know this website or have it published here.

Oh no, no I didn't think you meant that, Taximom. Our puter communication got off to a start huh? LOL Although like Philamena said it would be good if someone is keeping an eye on them. I'm sure the good people at Family Watchdog are. I'm in agreement with Amraann. Sincerely I am because it never ends. Some of them creeps are in their eighties and still hurting children. Some people fail to realize that this effects generations. It's not just the child who was directly harmed. Put it this way when my abuser died not too long ago his daughter-in-law said to me "Well it's over he's dead now". I said "Well I ain't". Sick, freak lived to be in his eighties too.

:furious: :furious: :furious: yay! evil has its own lobbyist now....
(i get sarcastic when pissed.)

:furious: :furious: :furious: yay! evil has its own lobbyist now....
(i get sarcastic when pissed.)

Right there with ya! Sarcastic and furious here, too.

:furious: :furious: :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back