Swiss restaurant to serve meals cooked with human breast milk

GizzySmith

Reaction score
Story

"Humans as producers of milk are simply not envisaged in the legislation.

"They are not on the list of approved species such as cows and sheep, but they are also not on the list of the banned species such as apes and primates," Rolf Etter of the Zurich food control laboratory said.

:eek:
I don't know why it's horrifying, but it is. GAG! (It's also funny!)

wtf.. people are so weird! some should just be slapped into next week for the sick crap they think up to do ..

One question: Whose?

Is this going to start a rush of celebrity-branded milks?

What is so wrong or gross about drinking/eating human milk? People drink cow and goat milk all the time.

:eek:
I don't know why it's horrifying, but it is. GAG! (It's also funny!)

I agree, I know a lady in real life who would donate her milk. She can't give up breastfeeding and pumping. Her daughter is going to be 5 I believe.

(I in no way condone breastfeeding I think it's wonderful but I don't think adults should have to drink it nor kids school age. JMO only.)

What is so wrong or gross about drinking/eating human milk? People drink cow and goat milk all the time.

I drink cow/goat's milk all the time as well, but no way in heck am I drinking a woman's breast milk. Absolutely not! IMHO!

Good thing I'm not a big ice cream fan!!! :crazy:

http://www.wptz.com/news/17539127/detail.html

WATERBURY, Vt. -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

I know this story is nearly a month old, but every time I read this it just grosses me out. I keep have visions of women out in the field and grazing... Which has me ask this question:

How would PETA handle two legged vs four legged in pastures??? Sorry, but I grew up with farmers and that is the visual I keep getting. Though, to be fair, I am sure the two legged "flops" would be less than the four legged. Take it from me. The four legged is nasty when you are strolling the fields. Especially barefoot. And, no. I am not tall. Nasty little myth. Otherwise, I'd be more like 5' 10" vs 5' 3"....

Oh shut up, PETA. Milking a cow isn't anywhere near the same as killing a cow. This is just getting ridiculous.

I'm sorry that is beyond weird, but I too am laughing as I type.

Eww... I'm a nursing mom and I'm not brave enough to try my own let alone someone else's!

I personally think breast milk is one of the greatest nutritional things a little one could ever consume, thus that is what it is best suited for. As an adult, though, I think all milk is gross when it comes to pleasurable consumption, therefore I tend not to consume it... but that is my personal taste... but my personal taste is something I won't push on someone else: if you want something with breast milk in it, then go for it... to each their own. My only say would be: before you consume it, make sure it is safe. (ie: an HIV infected woman can pass the virus through her breast milk... you can find out more about that through the aids.org site)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back