IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
The paddle boat has me stumped. I just don't think a paddle boat was used unless it's some perp who lives on the lake or is very close. I still go back to the empty house for sale on the lake.

I really believe I have come full circle. Crime of circumstance. Perp familiar with the area and maybe or maybe not known or familiar to the girls. The empty house on the lake would provide a perfect spot for a perp or perps to get the girls quickly in and out of sight. Not a lot of people on the lake, at work or summer vacation. Someone could have met perp at the house, hidden the girls in a trunk of a car or inside a van and driven away well before the search began for the girls.

I agree. We just don't know if TG spotted "the girls' bikes". Does it make sense that LE would have taken the dogs to the spot where he reported the bikes? Of course, I read here LE was not interested in talking to him until several days after he reported seeing bikes on the trail. Not sure if that is FB rumor. It seems like if there were other kids at the lake and had seen E & L the parents would have come forward to say "my kid was at Meyers Lake on the 13th and talked to E & L" unless you have a whole lot of parents not wanting to admit to allowing their children to go to Meyers Lake alone.

The dogs showing the girls' scent at the edge of the lake and LE asking for a "paddle boater" to come forward, makes me think that a boat was used as the lure. Perp had talked to them earlier and they made plans to come back. It would seem as if the girls disappeared at the water's edge.

BBM

I don't think they took the dogs to where TG saw bicycles; I think they took the dogs to where the bicycles were found. Which may or may not be the same spot; it's difficult to say.

LE often asks witnesses not to talk to the media. If I were the parent of a child who had been at the lake that day, I definitely would not talk to the media, even off the record. If there's a chance my child saw something that could lead to the perpetrator, the very last thing I want that perp to know is that there's a kid out there who knows something.

Finally, I think it's important to keep in mind that LE specified that the hypothetical paddle boater was not a suspect:

Breault said on Monday that investigators want to interview a person who was paddleboating on the lake around the time the girls disappeared. She said that person, who has not come forward, is not considered a suspect.

However, they believe the paddleboater could have information that could help them determine what happened to the two girls.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/article_578c1212-d517-11e1-9c8f-0019bb2963f4.html

yellow nail polish? What are you talking about? Thirteen hours away? I don't know how to measure distance by hours. Are you talking about approximately 800 miles?

yellow nail polish? What are you talking about? Thirteen hours away? I don't know how to measure distance by hours. Are you talking about approximately 800 miles?

There is a report on MSM that a foot and a head of a female of unknown age or height, has been found in a river near Toronto, CA, which is about 13 driving hours from Waterloo area. The foot has yellow nail polish on it. I think it is unlikely that it is one of the girls, but there is no more info at this point in time. I'm just noting it and asking if anyone knows if one of them was wearing nail polish...yellow is something more likely to be worn by a younger rather than older person. MOO

I assume everyone is talking about the severed foot and head found in Mississauga :(

BBM

I don't think they took the dogs to where TG saw bicycles; I think they took the dogs to where the bicycles were found. Which may or may not be the same spot; it's difficult to say.

LE often asks witnesses not to talk to the media. If I were the parent of a child who had been at the lake that day, I definitely would not talk to the media, even off the record. If there's a chance my child saw something that could lead to the perpetrator, the very last thing I want that perp to know is that there's a kid out there who knows something.

Finally, I think it's important to keep in mind that LE specified that the hypothetical paddle boater was not a suspect:

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/article_578c1212-d517-11e1-9c8f-0019bb2963f4.html

Thank you. It is very important to remember they only wanted to talk to the paddle boater and no if my child had seen something I would not be speaking to the media either. Look how much attention MR. G has garnered for saying he saw bikes. Good advice.

I've been trying to come up with some ideas that use more of the facts (or things LE has mentioned), but it's hard to fit them all together in one "story." This morning I was thinking about the paddleboat and the dogs.

The owner/s of the paddleboat said he/they believed someone had taken out their boat while they were gone, and we've never heard of anyone admitting to using it. Is it possible that 2 young boys took it out for a joy ride and saw the girls on the bike trail. They may have talked to them while the boys were in the water and the girls were on shore, but never actually had the girls on the boat (I would imagine it would have been thoroughly checked out if there was a chance the girls were on it.)

If they stood for a few minutes talking, they would probably have been visible to at least a few people if they looked in the right direction (which most people obviously didn't do.) If the perp/s saw them there, they could have moved into position to grab the girls when they went back for the bikes, or once the boys were out of sight, If there were 3 of them, 2 could have grabbed the girls and silenced them somehow while the 3rd brought their vehicle closer to pick them up,

When the dogs came around, they would probably go near the water at some point, but not necessarily end there. It's a bit of a stretch, but so are all possible scenarios with the information we have at this time.

"Police have said the head doesn't appear to be that of a child, and appears to be female".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/08/17/police-mississauga-head-foot-found321.html

edited
wait,it doesn't say about the foot being of a woman. Hmmm

edited again
"The presence of yellow nail polish has led police to suspect the foot belonged to a woman"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/08/16/foot-discovered-mississauga-park126.html

"Police have said the head doesn't appear to be that of a child, and appears to be female".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/08/17/police-mississauga-head-foot-found321.html

edited
wait,it doesn't say about the foot being of a woman. Hmmm

Oh! That is strange. Wasn't there some weirdo serial killer in Canada that killed his boyfriend and ate him? I thought he escaped to another country but they found him and had already extradited him back to Canada. Wonder if that could be his handiwork? Probably not.

I've been trying to come up with some ideas that use more of the facts (or things LE has mentioned), but it's hard to fit them all together in one "story." This morning I was thinking about the paddleboat and the dogs.

The owner/s of the paddleboat said he/they believed someone had taken out their boat while they were gone, and we've never heard of anyone admitting to using it. Is it possible that 2 young boys took it out for a joy ride and saw the girls on the bike trail. They may have talked to them while the boys were in the water and the girls were on shore, but never actually had the girls on the boat (I would imagine it would have been thoroughly checked out if there was a chance the girls were on it.)

If they stood for a few minutes talking, they would probably have been visible to at least a few people if they looked in the right direction (which most people obviously didn't do.) If the perp/s saw them there, they could have moved into position to grab the girls when they went back for the bikes, or once the boys were out of sight, If there were 3 of them, 2 could have grabbed the girls and silenced them somehow while the 3rd brought their vehicle closer to pick them up,

When the dogs came around, they would probably go near the water at some point, but not necessarily end there. It's a bit of a stretch, but so are all possible scenarios with the information we have at this time.

:goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members