Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't the FBI take her cell phone from her?
The police did take her cellphone from her when they first appeared at the house on Norfolk Street. I just read it in an early article this morning and am trying to find it again.

I am guessing conspiracy theoriest are trying to prove that something else blew up, and not TT and DT's backpacks.
Even though we all saw photo of a backpack blown up long before DT and TT became suspects.

This is why I thought there was a faction involved bc the conspiracy stuff started right away. I started following the initial posts almost right away bc I couldn't stand what happened after Sandy Hook - the Truther idiocy should be illegal imo bc it re-victimizes the victims over and over again. I started obtaining links & taking snapshots, sent some to a mod here bc it was obvious to me what these crazy people were starting. They were making it political warfare that's religiously motivated. Its not right to do that imo. Anyway, I started following certain areas on the www, most especially the ones that started on the conspiracies right away, and it just looked/s to me as though it was planned. I know what is released to the public is sometimes different, maybe that's to dull down the hype that can fester into hate crimes, but from what I was following it seems as though more & more intel continue to be brought to light. Its crazy.

Something else people were talking about on the net was the "stuffing" from the backpack shown in the pictures. It confuses me bc I didn't think its was "stuffing" from the backpack at all, I thought it was "batting" that was used as cushioning to keep the pressure cooker bomb secure in the backpack.

More importantly, I'd like to know what was used to secure the beebees (or whatever they were) in the pressure cooker. It was said that wax is used to secure the damaging metals & shrapnel in these bombs, but imo wax would have melted. In the picture I saw, the beebees (about 1/2 of them) were still stuck/adhered together, so I wonder if a heavy glue or silicone was used instead... Has that info been released? The reason I wonder about this is bc a heavy glue (such as E6000 or MonkeyGlue or something) would have taken time to cure so as not to smell anymore & harden. If so, with that amount used, surely somebody would have smelled something amiss in that small apartment of Tamerlan's...

i wonder if the reason they were so late getting to the bombing sites were that. DT had classes and didn't want to be absent (we have heard he was in campus post bombing but i don't recall hearing anything about that Monday. secondly if TT in fact had his daughter would he have waited for her to go down for a nap so he could run out do the bombing and get back in the time she was napping?

i wonder if the reason they were so late getting to the bombing sites were that. DT had classes and didn't want to be absent (we have heard he was in campus post bombing but i don't recall hearing anything about that Monday. secondly if TT in fact had his daughter would he have waited for her to go down for a nap so he could run out do the bombing and get back in the time she was napping?

Patriot's Day is a MA state holiday, so DT would not have had classes at the state university.

I haven't seen this article before.

One of the suspected Boston Marathon bombers purchased two large reloadable mortar kits from a fireworks store in New Hampshire, an executive with the pyrotechnics company said Tuesday.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev paid $199 cash for two “lock and load” kits, each of which contained four tubes and 24 shells, said William Weimer, vice president of Phantom Fireworks. Such kits cannot be legally sold in some states, including Massachusetts and California.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...rshell-firework-kits-20130423,0,4707969.story

The owner of the fireworks store goes on to say that only about 1.5 lbs. of explosive powder would have been harvested from the kits TT bought. He said more lethal "stuff" can be purchased at gun stores, hobby stores, and hardware stores.

“My assumption is he experimented with them and probably quickly came to the conclusion it wasn’t going to do him much good,” Weimer said.

From The New York Times article that was posted this morning:

http://wap.nytimes.com/2013/05/04/us/path-from-social-butterfly-to-suspects-widow-in-hijab.html

"On April 19, as the news spread that the Tsarnaev brothers were believed to have committed the marathon bombings and gone on a nightlong crime spree that involved the fatal shooting of a campus police officer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a carjacking and a gunfight with the police in which Tamerlan was killed, a neighbor knocked at the door of their third-floor apartment in Cambridge, where Ms. Russell had apparently just heard the news from a relative. “She was in utter shock,” the neighbor said. “Utter shock.”

Then law enforcement officers arrived and ordered them all out. Their downstairs neighbor Albrect Ammon, 18, said Ms. Russell, who was dressed all in black, tried to borrow a cellphone from another woman, but an officer snatched it away, saying she was the suspect’s wife."

April 19 was Friday, the day after the photos were released and the date the shootout on Laurel Street ended.

So, from this article it seems that Katherine was made aware of the shootout and the positive ID of her dead husband Tamerlan on Friday morning. It seems like everything and everybody descended on Norfolk Street on Friday morning.

Patriot's Day is a MA state holiday, so DT would not have had classes at the state university.

ahhh. ok well then the nap option may be an option. until we here that the daughter was somewhere else.

I am guessing that when the police descended on the Norfolk Street apartment building that everyone was ordered out immediately with no opportunity to grab anything. I guess they did let Katherine get her kid, but not her cellphone or her keys, or anything else. Remember the photo taken the next day (Saturday) when Katherine returned to get her cat and a few other things? She had to get the landlady to let her in to the apartment building. Of course the door at the top of the stairs that opens to her apartment had been replaced with a piece of plywood. Remember the actual entry to the apartment is on the second floor, then take inside stairs to the third floor apartment. At least that is how I interpret the layout.

Something that makes me think that something deeper than what's showing on the surface was going on is a tweet by Dzhokhar dated April 14, 2013 in which he's speaking with his friend TC (started the Boston Truther crap & the freejahar hashtag, he's his biggest supporter). Dzhokhar responds to TC's post about The Game Of Thrones by saying they can relate more to Breaking Bad. Refer to the following link:

http://www.allmytweets.net/?screen_name=@J_Tsar

Me - Not sure what to think about the meth reference bc I tend to think he could have been sarcastic in saying that but digging into "Breaking Bad" I came across something interesting. The full Wiki is interesting to someone like myself that's never even heard of this show, but the following portion is especially interesting in lieu of the Boston bombings with regards to the Tsarnaev brothers religious martyrdom...

Breaking Bad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Snipped:
Moral consequences

In an interview with The New York Times, creator Vince Gilligan said the larger lesson of the series is that "actions have consequences".[9] He elaborated on the show's philosophy:

If religion is a reaction of man, and nothing more, it seems to me that it represents a human desire for wrongdoers to be punished. I hate the idea of Idi Amin living in Saudi Arabia for the last 25 years of his life. That galls me to no end. I feel some sort of need for Biblical atonement, or justice, or something. I like to believe there is some comeuppance, that karma kicks in at some point, even if it takes years or decades to happen. My girlfriend says this great thing that’s become my philosophy as well. 'I want to believe there's a heaven. But I can't not believe there's a hell.'

In a piece examining the show in comparison to The Sopranos, Mad Men and The Wire, Chuck Klosterman said that Breaking Bad is "built on the uncomfortable premise that there's an irrefutable difference between what's right and what's wrong, and it's the only one where the characters have real control over how they choose to live." Klosterman added that the central question of Breaking Bad is "What makes a man 'bad' — his actions, his motives, or his conscious decision to be a bad person?" Klosterman concluded that, in the world of Breaking Bad, "goodness and badness are simply complicated choices, no different than anything else."[4]

Ross Douthat of The New York Times, in a response to Klosterman's piece, compared Breaking Bad and The Sopranos, stating that both series are "morality plays" that are "both interested in moral agency". Douthat went on to say that Walter White and Tony Soprano "represent mirror-image takes on the problem of evil, damnation and free will". Walter is a man who "deliberately abandons the light for the darkness" while Tony is "someone born and raised in darkness" who turns down "opportunity after opportunity to claw his way upward to the light."[34]

Gilligan intimated he would inject undertones of black comedy into the fifth season.[35]

Interesting observations, Jersey Girl. I have not seen mention of this anywhere else.

The main difference between Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad, according to DT's tweets, is the sexual content of the shows. Game of Thrones is full of gratuituous sex scenes. Walt White, the main character in Breaking Bad, is almost asexual. He's certainly monogamous. Walts shows no interest in any women sexually outside of his wife.

DT refers to the women on GOT as "hoes." And we learn today in the NYT's article that no one is aware if he ever dated. IMO, he seems conflicted in his feelings for women.

Another note on Breaking Bad: those are so many explosions on that show, it would be impossible to recount them all. If you're interested, here's probably the most famous scene, the conclusion to season 4. Warning: it's graphic.

[video=youtube;5Fl3NzoCgOk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fl3NzoCgOk[/video]

CNN is reporting a new search in progress at Tamerlan's apartment. Men in hazmat suits.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio..._searches_tsarnaev_apartment_as_uncle_arrives

FBI searches Tsarnaev apartment as uncle arrives
Sunday, May 5, 2013
By: Laurel J. Sweet

"The FBI returned today to search the Tsarnaev family’s Cambridge home, as the uncle of Boston Marathon bombing suspects Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev visited a Worcester funeral home where the older brother’s body lies awaiting a funeral.

“We are conducting court-authorized law enforcement activity as part of our ongoing investigation into the Marathon Bombings,” FBI Boston spokeswoman Katherine Gulotta said. “Because the matter is pending, we aren’t able to discuss specific aspects of the case.”"

Sounds like too many people have had open access to that apartment. From the picture I posted yesterday, KRT and an unidentified man with a mustache and glasses carried out several bags on the weekend of the 20th.

She went back with the police and got the cat and on that trip she was wearing a different outfit.

Someone posted a link to all Jahar's tweets.

I noticed this:

"Got me a haircut, I don't usually do those Apr 13, 2013"

Remember, one of the Russian kids (I think) said he had cut his hair since the last time he had seen him, implying that he had cut it after the bombing? But, if this tweet is his and its accurate, it seems he had it cut a couple of days prior to the bombing. On the other hand, maybe he did both, had it cut on the 13th and further cut it himself after the 15th.

There were a couple pictures shown of the entrance way to the apartment, lots of sports equipment and shoes. On the steps is a container of spackling/hole filler. I wondered when I saw that if that could be used. I would think it would of been taken for evidence though.

More importantly, I'd like to know what was used to secure the beebees (or whatever they were) in the pressure cooker. It was said that wax is used to secure the damaging metals & shrapnel in these bombs, but imo wax would have melted. In the picture I saw, the beebees (about 1/2 of them) were still stuck/adhered together, so I wonder if a heavy glue or silicone was used instead... Has that info been released? The reason I wonder about this is bc a heavy glue (such as E6000 or MonkeyGlue or something) would have taken time to cure so as not to smell anymore & harden. If so, with that amount used, surely somebody would have smelled something amiss in that small apartment of Tamerlan's...

The police did take her cellphone from her when they first appeared at the house on Norfolk Street. I just read it in an early article this morning and am trying to find it again.

I'm sure any cellphones in the house would be included in a search warrant.

I did find this dated 4/26 about cell phone records:

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/04/26/Boston-Bomber-Wife-Investigated-For-Tipping-Him-Off

Greta Van Susteren went over the new details with Steve Hayes of The Weekly Standard last night on On the Record. Hayes said authorities have Tamerlan and Russell's cell phone records, but it is unclear whether they have confirmed the phone call.

Someone posted a link to all Jahar's tweets.

I noticed this:

"Got me a haircut, I don't usually do those Apr 13, 2013"

Remember, one of the Russian kids (I think) said he had cut his hair since the last time he had seen him, implying that he had cut it after the bombing? But, if this tweet is his and its accurate, it seems he had it cut a couple of days prior to the bombing. On the other hand, maybe he did both, had it cut on the 13th and further cut it himself after the 15th.

Strange. He had a head full of hair on the day of the bombing. Of course, he could have had it trimmed, I suppose.

Did he actually give the date "Apr 13, 2013"? That's one specific date, so I don't understand what he means by "usually.".

Interesting observations, Jersey Girl. I have not seen mention of this anywhere else.

The main difference between Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad, according to DT's tweets, is the sexual content of the shows. Game of Thrones is full of gratuituous sex scenes. Walt White, the main character in Breaking Bad, is almost asexual. He's certainly monogamous. Walts shows no interest in any women sexually outside of his wife.

DT refers to the women on GOT as "hoes." And we learn today in the NYT's article that no one is aware if he ever dated. IMO, he seems conflicted in his feelings for women.

Another note on Breaking Bad: those are so many explosions on that show, it would be impossible to recount them all. If you're interested, here's probably the most famous scene, the conclusion to season 4. Warning: it's graphic.

Breaking bad Season 4 Final ep. explosion scene SPOILER - YouTube

We haven't learned today from NYT that he "never dated."
His friends were not aware if he had a girlfriend.
He clearly dated, the article said he was popular with a lot of girls hitting on him. Sounds like a pretty typical behavior for someone who is 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken