Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably that should have been done right from the start. Why was wife allowed to go back in? They should have removed the cat and locked the apartment up, making it a crime scene.

my guess is they will recreate the apartment in a secure lab to collect evidence and prepare for trial.

From The New York Times article that was posted this morning:

http://wap.nytimes.com/2013/05/04/us/path-from-social-butterfly-to-suspects-widow-in-hijab.html

"On April 19, as the news spread that the Tsarnaev brothers were believed to have committed the marathon bombings and gone on a nightlong crime spree that involved the fatal shooting of a campus police officer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a carjacking and a gunfight with the police in which Tamerlan was killed, a neighbor knocked at the door of their third-floor apartment in Cambridge, where Ms. Russell had apparently just heard the news from a relative. “She was in utter shock,” the neighbor said. “Utter shock.”

I really don't understand that "utter shock" part of the story. If my husband's pictures were all over national TV being accused of bombing the Boston Marathon, and the fact that I had a phone conversation with him while he was on the run, wouldn't I be watching TV all night? If the wife watched TV all night she shouldn't be shock regardless it was because of her husband being a suspect or being killed during a gunfight. So where did the "shock" come from? Just a thought.

I found the following article interesting as it relates Misha, the education company in Chestnut Hills, and Misha's brother:

... as the brother spells his names in some official listings) is also listed as a director of a Massachusetts non-profit, the Transitional Assembly for Peace and Democracy in Chechnya, Inc. Registered in 2003, the group lists as its president Salman Masayev (or Musayev), who has subsequently appeared in media reports as the deputy head of the Caucasus Muslims Organization, based in Baku, Azerbaijan.

http://deepsixcover.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/allakhverdov-family-puzzle-over-misha-claims/

There are a couple of older articles wrt the bro at Huff Post, but can't seem to bring them up.

The quote I was replying to has a picture of bomb one site and stating that the fence wasn't bent there. I was just stating the total different nature and strength of the different barriers at each site. I did also mention that bomb two was where the fencing was bent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying for me.

I really don't understand that "utter shock" part of the story. If my husband's pictures were all over national TV being accused of bombing the Boston Marathon, and the fact that I had a phone conversation with him while he was on the run, wouldn't I be watching TV all night? If the wife watched TV all night she shouldn't be shock regardless it was because of her husband being a suspect or being killed during a gunfight. So where did the "shock" come from? Just a thought.

Utter shock is neigbhor's interpretation of what KRT was supposedly feeling. I agree that it doesn't make much sense that she would be in "utters shock"

Someone posted a link to all Jahar's tweets.

I noticed this:

"Got me a haircut, I don't usually do those Apr 13, 2013"

Remember, one of the Russian kids (I think) said he had cut his hair since the last time he had seen him, implying that he had cut it after the bombing? But, if this tweet is his and its accurate, it seems he had it cut a couple of days prior to the bombing. On the other hand, maybe he did both, had it cut on the 13th and further cut it himself after the 15th.

or setting up an alibi for later.

he can say I didn't cut my hair to change my appearance after the bombing i got it cut on Saturday the 13th, see look at my twitter timeline

We haven't learned today from NYT that he "never dated."
His friends were not aware if he had a girlfriend.
He clearly dated, the article said he was popular with a lot of girls hitting on him. Sounds like a pretty typical behavior for someone who is 19.

Girls hitting on him is not the same as dating. I haven't seen any evidence that he "clearly dated" outside of a two week non-sexual "fling" with an anonymous female. If you got something more on the subject, I'll be interested to see it.

Yes this is bomb site #2, further away from finish line near Starbucks on 755 Boylston St. The barricades were blown OUTWARDS towards mailbox and streets, indicating the BOMB SITE (epicenter) was BEHIND barriers. So definitely bomb was NOT in the plastic bag in front of barricades, but clearly BEHIND the barricades where the spectators were standing.

Yes, I'm aware this was at the 2nd bomb site--this cropped photo came from those I posted earlier in the thread (see post 2) of blast site #2. The question was if it looked like a chunk of curb had been removed after the blast...looks like it to me, but not sure if anyone else would see it, so was looking for a yay or nay opinion from others in here.

JMO, but I'm beginning to think, looking at the larger curbside picture from which this was cropped (beginning of thread), it probably can't be determined which side of the barrier that blast #2 originated from just by looking at the fallen barriers. They could have blown 5-10 feet up into the air for all we know, and then fallen back to the ground helter-skelter. The barrier on the other (left) side of the bleeding victims (to the left of them when looking at the larger curbside photo) has fallen backward onto pedestrians who were standing behind it. So, if the direction the barriers ended up in was what solely determined the original direction of the blast, you'd have two alternate situations pictured in the photo, as the one on top of the people had fallen back away from the street and onto them. Using directionality of that one barrier alone, that would seem to indicate a blast originating on the street side of the barrier. Whereas the barrier wrapped around the mailbox could indicate a blast from sidewalk side of the barrier.

So it's JMO, but after thinking on it, I don't think we can necessarily tell where the blast originated from just by looking at the barriers. Seems investigators would have done sidewalk markings as at blast site #1, though--where they'd have determined "blast seat" based on pavement markings and such. But I haven't been able to find any, and so that's another one of my questions--has anyone else seen sidewalk diagrams left by investigators for site #2?

They married on June 21, 2010, in a 15-minute ceremony in an office on the third floor of the Masjid Al Quran, on a quiet residential street in Dorchester, Mass. Imam Taalib Mahdee said that he had not met the couple before the ceremony, and that she was the one who had called and asked to be married there. “They were a happy couple,” he said. Their marriage certificate listed his occupation as driver, hers as student.

And last year, Mr. Tsarnaev left his wife and daughter behind in Cambridge for six months while he traveled to Dagestan to see his father, and to visit Chechnya.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/04/us/path-from-social-butterfly-to-suspects-widow-in-hijab.html?_r=0

The reporter just skips over the birth of their child. When did that happen?

Yes, I'm aware this was at the 2nd bomb site--this cropped photo came from those I posted earlier in the thread (see post 2) of blast site #2. The question was if it looked like a chunk of curb had been removed after the blast...looks like it to me, but not sure if anyone else would see it, so was looking for a yay or nay opinion from others in here.

JMO, but I'm beginning to think, looking at the larger curbside picture from which this was cropped (beginning of thread), it probably can't be determined which side of the barrier that blast #2 originated from just by looking at the fallen barriers. They could have blown 5-10 feet up into the air for all we know, and then fallen back to the ground helter-skelter. The barrier on the other (left) side of the bleeding victims (to the left of them when looking at the larger curbside photo) has fallen backward onto pedestrians who were standing behind it. So, if the direction the barriers ended up in was what solely determined the original direction of the blast, you'd have two alternate situations pictured in the photo, as the one on top of the people had fallen back away from the street and onto them. Using directionality of that one barrier alone, that would seem to indicate a blast originating on the street side of the barrier. Whereas the barrier wrapped around the mailbox could indicate a blast from sidewalk side of the barrier.

So it's JMO, but after thinking on it, I don't think we can necessarily tell where the blast originated from just by looking at the barriers. Seems investigators would have done sidewalk markings as at blast site #1, though--where they'd have determined "blast seat" based on pavement markings and such. But I haven't been able to find any, and so that's another one of my questions--has anyone else seen sidewalk diagrams left by investigators for site #2?

Hmm, it's easily discernable if you know the laws of physics. The epicenter of the bomb blast, as well as the fragments blown from the bombs, follow the same laws. I'm certain physicists and mechanical engineers would be able to give the precise location where the bombs were laid down. And I'm just as certain the authorities -- FBI, LE, etc. -- have already recruited experts to calculate the bomb sites.

If you don't believe it's easily calculable from viewing the pics, then why would you ask posters here for help on determining the bomb site from them?

Originally Posted by i.b.nora
I don't understand why people are looking for every bag? The investigators KNOW what and where the bags were.
I am guessing conspiracy theoriest are trying to prove that something else blew up, and not TT and DT's backpacks.
Even though we all saw photo of a backpack blown up long before DT and TT became suspects.

I don't see people 'looking for every bag' in these posts at all. I see maybe some people wondering about the 'curious' bag by the postal box, but it's a bit of a presumptive jump to say that that curiosity is fueled by conspiracy theory leanings. I simply want to know where the blast originated from in site #2 because I haven't yet seen investigators' markings yet, not have I see any shreds of DT's backpack as evidence that his backpack blew up. I've seen BOTH those things from site #1. So to me, that's curious. If it isn't to anyone else, I'm okay with that, and I will not put others in here down for assuming certain things happened as they've been [variably] reported. But please do not infer conspiracy theory leanings when I or anyone else is asking questions in here that you feel are all ready answered.

Girls hitting on him is not the same as dating. I haven't seen any evidence that he "clearly dated" outside of a two week non-sexual "fling" with an anonymous female. If you got something more on the subject, I'll be interested to see it.

That female said he tried to have sex with her after a couple of weeks. Evidently, she thought he was different up until that point?

snipped

“He lived in America. He grew up here and for the last 10 years he decided to be in Cambridge, therefore any contemplation that the body should be taken to a home country.....his home country is Cambridge, Massachusetts,” Tsarni said.

snipped

...But Stefan said he was told this morning that second full autopsy will not be performed, but that representatives from the family’s legal team will likely photograph the body before it is washed.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...u5LlJSxC6fzUlsdvJ/story.html?s_campaign=sm_tw

Hmm, it's easily discernable if you know the laws of physics. The epicenter of the bomb blast, as well as the fragments blown from the bombs, follow the same laws. I'm certain physicists and mechanical engineers would be able to give the precise location where the bombs were laid down. And I'm just as certain the authorities -- FBI, LE, etc. -- have already recruited experts to calculate the bomb sites.

If you don't believe it's easily calculable from viewing the pics, then why would you ask posters here for help on determining the bomb site from them?

Because when I first starting asking questions about site #2 barriers (the last thread) I simply thought the way the barriers were leaning or wrapped might indicate where the blast originated from (which I'm curious about). But in discussing this in the past several posts, I've come to the conclusion that it can't be discerned (laws of physics notwithstanding ;)) by us in this thread based on two photos. That's the beauty of discussion for me -- it can help me arrive at new and better ideas.

I'm certain the authorities WILL involve all their experts. You are inferring more from my questions than you need to. I'm simply curious to know what I can know now. That's why I spend time with other thinkers in here.

snipped

“He lived in America. He grew up here and for the last 10 years he decided to be in Cambridge, therefore any contemplation that the body should be taken to a home country.....his home country is Cambridge, Massachusetts,” Tsarni said.

snipped

...But Stefan said he was told this morning that second full autopsy will not be performed, but that representatives from the family’s legal team will likely photograph the body before it is washed.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...u5LlJSxC6fzUlsdvJ/story.html?s_campaign=sm_tw

I wonder why TT's family is not going full-throttle on the second autopsy? Didn't the mom claim that this body was not that of her son TT's? Why the hesitance now to confirm whether or not TT was killed and what was the COD and MOD?

I wonder why TT's family is not going full-throttle on the second autopsy? Didn't the mom claim that this body was not that of her son TT's? Why the hesitance now to confirm whether or not TT was killed and what was the COD and MOD?

Yeah, well, the last we hear from mom she also still claimed she wanted to come to the US even if she faced jail from the shoplifting... I knew that wasn't going to happen!

Deal in progress?

Ruslan's adopted son (sister's son) who also lived with the Tsarnaev's in Cambridge from 2006-2009, going back to Russia in 2011. How many people can they fit into that 2-bedroom apartment.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/tsarnaevs-cousin-avoids-the-spotlight-90880.html?hp=l1

More from Sophie's link:

snipped

Of course, the case may never reach a jury. If defense lawyers come up with enough mitigating evidence, they could persuade prosecutors not to seek the death penalty or to enter into a deal where Dzhokhar pleads guilty to the crime and receives a lengthy sentence but is not exposed to the death penalty. Such agreements are a specialty of Dzhokhar’s newest defense lawyer, Judy Clarke of San Diego.

snipped

Speaking to reporters on the day of the shootout in Watertown, Ruslan Tsarni was asked at least three times if he had children that were “close” to Tamerlan and Dzhokhar.

“No. My family has nothing to do with that family,” he eventually responded.

This week, in response to specific questions about Husein, Ruslan Tsarni offered a detailed account of his adopted son’s history and his extended stay with the Tsarnaev brothers in Cambridge.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/...-the-spotlight-90880_Page2.html#ixzz2SSL4In3O

Because someone who appears to be a conspiracy nut was trying to prove that it was not the bag DT placed BEHIND the barricade that blew up at Bomb site #2. You know...so s/he can blow the government's prosecution apart with her/his theories to prove her/his superiority. :banghead:

Actually, this bag by the postal box was mentioned in MSM as something LE were looking into. To still wonder about it does NOT mean one is a conspiracy nut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46