James Kolar's New Book Will Blow the Lid off the JonBenet Ramsey Investigation

I am not familiar with what actually happens when a child is murdered, what questions are asked etc. I suspect that tv shows have made us think that all bets are off as to the police getting to do whatever they want.

But once lawyers are involved, a lot of questions probably DON'T get asked, especially of kids. And it sounds like no one really thought Burke did it, they were more sure that Patsy did it.

Once time passed and the Ramsey's left town and they finally questioned Burke, the lawyers controlled the questions and Patsy, knowing what happened could certainly coach her son.

the DAs office seemed to have been compromised for some reason. I wonder if the lawyers could have confidentially revealed the truth to the DAs office and said "back off however you can, whatever stalling with the BPD you have to do, because this will Never see a courtroom."

Reading in Kolar's book about how Burke reacted to the questions they actually did ask him, made me feel that Burke is hiding knowledge of the crime details.

If Burke didn't do it, It is possible he knows that JB was accidentally hit and his mom did it. Plus, No kid is gonna stay in bed when all that is going on, especially if he himself hit JB. he could have just stood outside a staircase or crept downstairs to see what was up.

He mentioned to the psychologist about JB being stabbed. And there was a Swiss Army knife found in the room with JB. Burke is the one who brought up the knife.

Once John saw the Ransom N, recognized the author, and then found the body before he and Fleet "officially found" it, JR may have been unsure what really happened but knew lawyers were needed no matter what. Don't forget that Burke's medical records were unavailable to the cops. And cops wanted them, so someone must have suspected Burke might have hauled off and hit her.

I think Patsy would have been willing to take the rap for Burke, but they were able to successfully keep anyone from seeing his psychiatric med records or having cops question him.

and now it is all too late.

Legally, there was no reason for anyone to take the rap for Burke. He was too young to be prosecuted per Colorado law. However, I highly doubt that the Rameys were aware of that at the time they were staging. Even if they were, I think the most likely scenario is that they did not want Burke to go through life as the kid that killed his sister. Although obviously many, many people believe it anyway, he still has plausable denial and there are always the die hard IDI's.

That is all assuming, of course, that Burke adminstered the head blow. I think it is highly likely, but I retain that inkling of doubt. That, perhaps, indicates that the Ramsey's plan was a success.

Legally, there was no reason for anyone to take the rap for Burke. He was too young to be prosecuted per Colorado law. However, I highly doubt that the Rameys were aware of that at the time they were staging. Even if they were, I think the most likely scenario is that they did not want Burke to go through life as the kid that killed his sister. Although obviously many, many people believe it anyway, he still has plausable denial and there are always the die hard IDI's.

That is all assuming, of course, that Burke adminstered the head blow. I think it is highly likely, but I retain that inkling of doubt. That, perhaps, indicates that the Ramsey's plan was a success.

yes, I agree, the fact that we have that little nagging doubt about Burke means they were right in the way they did things. However, my doubts don't lead me to the IDI theory, only to Patsy. Her staging would have been identical for herself.

if she had not written such a long ransom novel, no one would have been so sure it was her. Very naïve and also shows an innocence about crime scenes. She is not criminal nor is Burke. I think about their life before this, and it is so sad.

yes, I agree, the fact that we have that little nagging doubt about Burke means they were right in the way they did things. However, my doubts don't lead me to the IDI theory, only to Patsy. Her staging would have been identical for herself.

if she had not written such a long ransom novel, no one would have been so sure it was her. Very naïve and also shows an innocence about crime scenes. She is not criminal nor is Burke. I think about their life before this, and it is so sad.

ITA. For me it has always been either Burke or Patsy as the killer.

IDI is ludicrous.

I have seen some interesting JDI theories, but that just doesn't feel right to me. I have followed this for 17 years and I know a lot of people believe JDI. I cannot say 100% it wasn't him (as I can to the silly IDI theory) but I just don't see it.

If BDI then I think it is probable that John was involved early on in the staging, but if PDI then I don't really think he was.

How could John or Patsy so easily forgive BR, in an instant, if he killed their golden child knowing how viciously tortured their daughter was the night she died?

The actual murderer of this beautiful child caused the fatal head blow since she would have died from the injury. The actual murderer of JonBenet strangled her. The two fatal events could be mutually exclusive with different perpetrators. However, given the short amount of time, as much as 60 minutes between the two deadly events, it is doubtful more than one person performed both vicious acts.

IOW, if BR cracked his sister's skull, he had a limited time frame in which to tell an adult who then, rather quickly, came up with the strangulation option, kidnapping by an intruder and the lengthy ransom note. :facepalm:

Cord fibers vacuumed from JonBenet's bed sheet tell me that, at least, part of the binding took place while she was in her own bed. Perhaps she was led into that messy basement while wearing a blindfold since an eye mask was taken into evidence.

Kolar, just as ST did, gave JR a pass. Why is this? The black shirt JR wore to the White's party left fibers on JonBenet's vaginal area at TOD.

Did Kolar infer BR since STs book was adamant that Patsy killed her daughter? Therefore, Kolar zeroed in, with his psychological research, on the only other known person in the house at the time?

Excerpt from Kolar's book:

CSIs had written about finding a pair of pajama bottoms in JonBenet's bedroom that contained fecal material. They were too big for her and were thought to belong to Burke.

Additionally, a box of candy located in her bedroom had also been observed to be smeared with feces. Both of these discoveries had been made during the processing of the crime scene during the execution of search warrants following the discovery of JonBenet's body.

Moreover, on page 370, Kolar reveals a report taken by an investigator who interviewed a former nanny, GV, who stated she was asked by Nedra to clean the wall where BR smeared his feces.

Kolar also writes that LHP discovered fecal matter on JonBenet's bed sheets. Once.

Kolar takes this info and determines BR has scatological behavior associated with SBP apparently because of JonBenet's chronic sexual abuse. He takes to the internet to research information that will support his Sexual Behavior Problem theory.

While the acts of depositing and smearing of fecal matter and bed wetting at their age is disturbing behavior for the two youngest Ramsey children, it does not indicate that BR wanted to kill his sister.

Kolar wrote about BR stating his excitement about building a fire at the Charlevoix home. This does not indicate that BR was a pyromaniac that is sometimes associated with SBP.

It is shameful that this personal information and speculation has been disclosed on a living adult, BR. How sad that much of the pubic knows he played with poop as a child.

The ridicule BR must suffer from some of those whom he encounters must be devastating. I hope he continues to visit with a therapist to learn coping skills required when your reputation has been publically and permanently besmirched.

How could John or Patsy so easily forgive BR, in an instant, if he killed their golden child knowing how viciously tortured their daughter was the night she died?

The actual murderer of this beautiful child caused the fatal head blow since she would have died from the injury. The actual murderer of JonBenet strangled her. The two fatal events could be mutually exclusive with different perpetrators. However, given the short amount of time, as much as 60 minutes between the two deadly events, it is doubtful more than one person performed both vicious acts.

IOW, if BR cracked his sister's skull, he had a limited time frame in which to tell an adult who then, rather quickly, came up with the strangulation option, kidnapping by an intruder and the lengthy ransom note. :facepalm:

Cord fibers vacuumed from JonBenet's bed sheet tell me that, at least, part of the binding took place while she was in her own bed. Perhaps she was led into that messy basement while wearing a blindfold since an eye mask was taken into evidence.

Kolar, just as ST did, gave JR a pass. Why is this? The black shirt JR wore to the White's party left fibers on JonBenet's vaginal area at TOD.

Did Kolar infer BR since STs book was adamant that Patsy killed her daughter? Therefore, Kolar zeroed in, with his psychological research, on the only other known person in the house at the time?

CSIs had written about finding a pair of pajama bottoms in JonBenet's bedroom that contained fecal material. They were too big for her and were thought to belong to Burke.

Additionally, a box of candy located in her bedroom had also been observed to be smeared with feces. Both of these discoveries had been made during the processing of the crime scene during the execution of search warrants following the discovery of JonBenet's body.

Moreover, on page 370, Kolar reveals a report taken by an investigator who interviewed a former nanny, GV, who stated she was asked by Nedra to clean the wall where BR smeared his feces.

Kolar also writes that LHP discovered fecal matter on JonBenet's bed sheets. Once.

Kolar takes this info and determines BR has scatological behavior associated with SBP apparently because of JonBenet's chronic sexual abuse. He takes to the internet to research information that will support his Sexual Behavior Problem theory.

While the acts of depositing and smearing of fecal matter and bed wetting at their age is disturbing behavior for the two youngest Ramsey children, it does not indicate that BR wanted to kill his sister.

Kolar wrote about BR stating his excitement about building a fire at the Charlevoix home. This does not indicate that BR was a pyromaniac that is sometimes associated with SBP.

It is shameful that this personal information and speculation has been disclosed on a living adult, BR. How sad that much of the pubic knows he played with poop as a child.

The ridicule BR must suffer from some of those whom he encounters must be devastating. I hope he continues to visit with a therapist to learn coping skills required when your reputation has been publically and permanently besmirched.
Stellar post, DeDee!

:gthanks:

I don't get the first part of your comment. It made me scratch my head bc I remembered one of your previous posts from another thread.

In response to the assumption that I believe FW was involved in the murder, the answer is no, not at this time. I hold the belief that PR premeditated her daughter's murder so, to that end, all others must be eliminated, including FW.

The 2 seem contractidtory bc IMO if they can't forgive BR for such a heinous act, then how could john and Burke forgive patsy?

For years I believed IDI in this case. Not based on any vast knowledge on my part, I believed what the MSM fed me, and contrary to what JR would have us believe, MSM is predominately pro-IDI.

When I stumbled upon WS it was bc of a trial I had become interested in, and when I saw this forum I started reading...I didn't even know what RDI or BDI stood for. The reason I felt the Rs were innocent was bc it seemed absolutely impossible for one partner to cover and lie to protect the other in the case of a murdered child. This was not a case of tax evasion, or fraud, out of wedlock children, or even some sort of assault accusation. We're talking the murder of their child... Which they lied about, covered-up, and maligned almost everyone they knew it order to deflect attention from themselves....for 10 years. It's more than improbable, and I invite anyone to illustrate a similar case where parents acted like the Rs and were PROVEN innocent.

If I'm reading your comments wrong, I apologize in advance, but you seem to believe Kolar has drawn his conclusions in a faulty manner, relying on the internet as a means to search for information to support a theory that has very little merit. IMO nothing could be further from the truth. He investigated this case officially for 2 years, and unofficially for even longer. He went into it without bias, and little background info. He studied the case files for months on end, spoke directly to those he could, and examined the intruder theory with respect, giving each aspect of that theory the attention it deserved.

Sadly the investigation for him, for many in law enforcement, and many others, including those here who have studied this case far longer than I, came to the conclusion that their was family involvement.

In his book, as part of his report to ML et al he outlines what I had come to suspect long before I read his book.

he asked himself the following:

*did john and patsy Ramsey have any motive to intentionally murder their daughter?

He felt the answer was likely no. Then what about the theory it was an accident?

*was it possible PR had lost her temper during an argument with JRB and struck her with an object?

It was clear someone had struck a blow to the head of JonBenet, it had not been self inflicted. If it wasn't PR then who?

*if the parents didn't intentionally kill their daughter, and if there was no intruder, then why go to all of the effort of staging a coverup?

*who would benefit?
*who was being protected?
*why?
(3609)

This was what had begun to nag at me....when I began to suspect there was no intruder (again, before I read this book), I started to realize that my hunch had been right...no spouse would cover for another under these circumstances...but to protect their child...yea, that I can believe.

But what's as sickening as the crime itself, was the behavior of the DAs office. It's shocking, and I believe it should be criminally investigated.

All that Kolar asked in January of 2006 was that the above questions be considered a "viable investigative lead that deserved pursuit. If nothing came of it, then at least they (LE, the DAs office) could at least say they covered all their bases."

He was particularly interested in those pesky medical records.

Mary Lacy however, had other concerns, she told Kolar....

she was unwilling to pursue that lead because she 'didn't want to harm her relationship with the Ramsey family.'
(3628-29)

I'm sorry to go on a rant, but this crime never had a chance in hell to be solved/prosecuted once the Ramsey sphere of influence took over, and its deplorable and completely unjust. And every time I type out this sort of post it hits home again and pisses me off.

Uggggghhh /done

I don't get the first part of your comment. It made me scratch my head bc I remembered one of your previous posts from another thread.

The 2 seem contractidtory bc IMO if they can't forgive BR for such a heinous act, then how could john and Burke forgive patsy?

For years I believed IDI in this case. Not based on any vast knowledge on my part, I believed what the MSM fed me, and contrary to what JR would have us believe, MSM is predominately pro-IDI.

When I stumbled upon WS it was bc of a trial I had become interested in, and when I saw this forum I started reading...I didn't even know what RDI or BDI stood for. The reason I felt the Rs were innocent was bc it seemed absolutely impossible for one partner to cover and lie to protect the other in the case of a murdered child. This was not a case of tax evasion, or fraud, out of wedlock children, or even some sort of assault accusation. We're talking the murder of their child... Which they lied about, covered-up, and maligned almost everyone they knew it order to deflect attention from themselves....for 10 years. It's more than improbable, and I invite anyone to illustrate a similar case where parents acted like the Rs and were PROVEN innocent.

If I'm reading your comments wrong, I apologize in advance, but you seem to believe Kolar has drawn his conclusions in a faulty manner, relying on the internet as a means to search for information to support a theory that has very little merit. IMO nothing could be further from the truth. He investigated this case officially for 2 years, and unofficially for even longer. He went into it without bias, and little background info. He studied the case files for months on end, spoke directly to those he could, and examined the intruder theory with respect, giving each aspect of that theory the attention it deserved.

Sadly the investigation for him, for many in law enforcement, and many others, including those here who have studied this case far longer than I, came to the conclusion that their was family involvement.

In his book, as part of his report to ML et al he outlines what I had come to suspect long before I read his book.

(3609)

This was what had begun to nag at me....when I began to suspect there was no intruder (again, before I read this book), I started to realize that my hunch had been right...no spouse would cover for another under these circumstances...but to protect their child...yea, that I can believe.

But what's as sickening as the crime itself, was the behavior of the DAs office. It's shocking, and I believe it should be criminally investigated.

All that Kolar asked in January of 2006 was that the above questions be considered a "viable investigative lead that deserved pursuit. If nothing came of it, then at least they (LE, the DAs office) could at least say they covered all their bases."

He was particularly interested in those pesky medical records.

Mary Lacy however, had other concerns, she told Kolar....

(3628-29)

I'm sorry to go on a rant, but this crime never had a chance in hell to be solved/prosecuted once the Ramsey sphere of influence took over, and its deplorable and completely unjust. And every time I type out this sort of post it hits home again and pisses me off.

Uggggghhh /done

No apologies are necessary. This thread is about JK's book blowing the lid off the JBR Investigation. Therefore, my post pertained to the topic.

I wrote:
because this thread insinuates that BR was responsible for at least the skull fracture but that the parents, one or both, covered up his crime by fashioning the garrote and writing a RN. Therefore, BR was forgiven for the horrific acts that were inflicted upon JonBenet. They did not wish to tarnish their reputations nor his, and so forth.

Previously, on another thread, I wrote:
In response to the assumption that I believe FW was involved in the murder, the answer is no, not at this time. I hold the belief that PR premeditated her daughter's murder so, to that end, all others must be eliminated, including FW.

You replied:

Just bc I think Patsy premeditated the murder of her daughter does not mean that John and Burke think that she did it. Even though, I believe that JR does know who killed his daughter, for whatever reasons, he chose to live another 10 years with her.

Albeit JR did not remain without companionship for long when he began dating Beth Holloway in Jan. 2007 after Patsy's death only 6 months earlier in late June 2006.

Since Dec., 26, 1996 and for many years since, and I have posted this before, I wanted and needed it to be IDI bc the alternative was just too much to bear considering.

To catch every glimmer of truth, I purchased copies of The Globe, NE and People magazines and still have copies of most of those publications. For nightly updates, I watched Nancy Grace every night (that certainly does not happen any longer).

Discovering this forum has rekindled my desire to know who killed JonBenet Ramsey. As a voracious reader, the subject has occupied much of my spare time. I have viewed Kolar's PP and listened to his interviews on Tricia's radio show. That is not the extent of my knowledge gleaned from multiple other sources. I am still seeking the truth and often discover interesting little clues.

Sadly, this murder cost many people their jobs, including, James Kolar who, quite fortunately, was able to return to the Telluride community in March of 2006 as Chief Marshall after Kolar spent nearly nine months at the helm of the Boulder District Attorney office’s investigation into the unsolved murder. Additionally, James Kolar financed the publishing of his 508 page Foreign Faction book.

ST gave us background information regarding the ongoing conflicts between the DAs office in regards to the BPD. It is no wonder they both resigned their positions.

Regarding ML, I already read the quote you used and also that Dr. Francis Beuf, JBRs pediatrician, was one of the first contributors to MLs campaign for office.

From July 2012 article with quotes from Kolar:

“It’s a theoretical construct,” Kolar said in an interview last week, of the fictional lead-in to his careful compilation of evidence, “something that could have happened, given the evidence in the case.”

Perhaps most tellingly, Kolar asks if then-9-year-old Burke Ramsey, JonBenét’s brother, might at one point have “physically demonstrated firsthand knowledge of the lethal blow that had been struck to the head of JonBenét.” He cites information, psychological studies and statistics about “sexual abuse perpetrated by children 12 years of age and younger” in the book, Sexually Aggressive Children, Coming to Understand Them.

No, I do not hold the belief that JK used a faulty manner in his research into the murder. He states that he wrote a book about something that could have happened.

http://www.watchnewspapers.com/view/full_story/51192/article-Kolar-Comes-Back-as-Chief-Marshal

http://www.watchnewspapers.com/view/full_story/19525071/article-Window-on-a-Murder--

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20513564,00.html

BBM What? So now JR wasn't even there that night? How did BR get to be the "only other person in the house that night"?

No apologies are necessary. This thread is about JK's book blowing the lid off the JBR Investigation. Therefore, my post pertained to the topic.

because this thread insinuates that BR was responsible for at least the skull fracture but that the parents, one or both, covered up his crime by fashioning the garrote and writing a RN. Therefore, BR was forgiven for the horrific acts that were inflicted upon JonBenet. They did not wish to tarnish their reputations nor his, and so forth.

Just bc I think Patsy premeditated the murder of her daughter does not mean that John and Burke think that she did it. Even though, I believe that JR does know who killed his daughter, for whatever reasons, he chose to live another 10 years with her.

Albeit JR did not remain without companionship for long when he began dating Beth Holloway in Jan. 2007 after Patsy's death only 6 months earlier in late June 2006.

Since Dec., 26, 1996 and for many years since, and I have posted this before, I wanted and needed it to be IDI bc the alternative was just too much to bear considering.

To catch every glimmer of truth, I purchased copies of The Globe, NE and People magazines and still have copies of most of those publications. For nightly updates, I watched Nancy Grace every night (that certainly does not happen any longer).

Discovering this forum has rekindled my desire to know who killed JonBenet Ramsey. As a voracious reader, the subject has occupied much of my spare time. I have viewed Kolar's PP and listened to his interviews on Tricia's radio show. That is not the extent of my knowledge gleaned from multiple other sources. I am still seeking the truth and often discover interesting little clues.

Sadly, this murder cost many people their jobs, including, James Kolar who, quite fortunately, was able to return to the Telluride community in March of 2006 as Chief Marshall after Kolar spent nearly nine months at the helm of the Boulder District Attorney office’s investigation into the unsolved murder. Additionally, James Kolar financed the publishing of his 508 page Foreign Faction book.

ST gave us background information regarding the ongoing conflicts between the DAs office in regards to the BPD. It is no wonder they both resigned their positions.

Regarding ML, I already read the quote you used and also that Dr. Francis Beuf, JBRs pediatrician, was one of the first contributors to MLs campaign for office.

No, I do not hold the belief that JK used a faulty manner in his research into the murder. He states that he wrote a book about something that could have happened.

http://www.watchnewspapers.com/view/full_story/51192/article-Kolar-Comes-Back-as-Chief-Marshal

http://www.watchnewspapers.com/view/full_story/19525071/article-Window-on-a-Murder--

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20513564,00.html

I appreciate your reply, and hopefully I'm assuming that the 1st part of your comment that I replied to was a rhetorical question, rather than one indicating BRcouldnt be responsible.

BBM What? So now JR wasn't even there that night? How did BR get to be the "only other person in the house that night"?

From my post:

Most people have now discounted the intruder theory! Why? because of the ransom novel/note. Kidnappers either don't leave a note (they call later with instructions) or they leave a brief message and certainly not on paper from the home. They get the kid and get out quickly!

the detectives knew these things but when they tried to go where the evidence led them they were shut down, big time. By the DA and by other investigators, like Lou Smit. So ask yourself why?

I think the why is because Patsy and John told their many attorneys EXACTLY what happened. And this info was given at some point to the DAs office. Now, would the DA cover up the crime and refuse to prosecute if it was Patsy who did the head injury and staged the crime? Maybe but maybe NOT.

But if the Ramsey's told their lawyers that Burke did it, while he and JB were playing, etc and it was a tragic accident and Patsy panicked and staged the scene to protect Burke---the DAs office would certainly not want to bring the child into a courtroom or arrest him. The most they could do is arrest the parents and according to ST, Boulder DAs didn't seem to be interested in justice, just political fallout which they want to avoid.

It is more likely that the little boy did something without thinking and then had to tell him mom what happened.

however, HOW did Patsy know JB was really injured? There was no blood remember. The coroner did not even know there had been a severe cracking of the skull till he took off the skull cap. Everyone was ASTOUNDED. That was what made the investigators rethink the kidnapping story. As long as it was vaginal trauma, bruising and a garotte the kidnapping thing seemed real.

But you add in a prior head injury and suddenly you have an accident that happened at least an hour before death and someone in the house did it. No intruder would hit her like that and hang around. No one supposedly knew intruders were in the house so why not leave with the dead child and try to make some money.
why leave behind the one thing that could lead to your arrest, her body!??

I say Burke, because the parents and the lawyers and the DA would band together to derail the investigation.

I think the DA would have had a very hard time refusing to indict Patsy. But knowing the full truth about Burke would make him back off. Especially if a year had already passed when he was told the truth!

I'm not talking about that comment "we didn't mean for this to happen". I have see that one many times myself. I was referring to the comment in an earlier post that JR was allegedly overheard by his pastor saying :"I don't think he meant to kill her" as he carried JB up the stairs. THAT is the comment I wanted the source for. I have never read that anywhere.

Reading through some older threads and noticed this. I believe the comment was in PMPT book??? Anyways the Reverend was heating a glass of water and I think it said he heard the commotion as J and F were coming up the stairs with JB and he came through the kitchen to the foyer? and thjs is supposedly when JR made the comment " I dont think he meant to kill her, she was covered with a blanket.

Most people have now discounted the intruder theory! Why? because of the ransom novel/note. Kidnappers either don't leave a note (they call later with instructions) or they leave a brief message and certainly not on paper from the home. They get the kid and get out quickly!

the detectives knew these things but when they tried to go where the evidence led them they were shut down, big time. By the DA and by other investigators, like Lou Smit. So ask yourself why?

I think the why is because Patsy and John told their many attorneys EXACTLY what happened. And this info was given at some point to the DAs office. Now, would the DA cover up the crime and refuse to prosecute if it was Patsy who did the head injury and staged the crime? Maybe but maybe NOT.

But if the Ramsey's told their lawyers that Burke did it, while he and JB were playing, etc and it was a tragic accident and Patsy panicked and staged the scene to protect Burke---the DAs office would certainly not want to bring the child into a courtroom or arrest him. The most they could do is arrest the parents and according to ST, Boulder DAs didn't seem to be interested in justice, just political fallout which they want to avoid.

It is more likely that the little boy did something without thinking and then had to tell him mom what happened.

however, HOW did Patsy know JB was really injured? There was no blood remember. The coroner did not even know there had been a severe cracking of the skull till he took off the skull cap. Everyone was ASTOUNDED. That was what made the investigators rethink the kidnapping story. As long as it was vaginal trauma, bruising and a garotte the kidnapping thing seemed real.

But you add in a prior head injury and suddenly you have an accident that happened at least an hour before death and someone in the house did it. No intruder would hit her like that and hang around. No one supposedly knew intruders were in the house so why not leave with the dead child and try to make some money.
why leave behind the one thing that could lead to your arrest, her body!??

I say Burke, because the parents and the lawyers and the DA would band together to derail the investigation.

I think the DA would have had a very hard time refusing to indict Patsy. But knowing the full truth about Burke would make him back off. Especially if a year had already passed when he was told the truth!

ninaskids,
Excellent post. Patently the R's never told anyone who did what! This would be the spearhead of their strategy, i.e. who, when and how, BDI a child nonsense.

PDI, maybe, JDI, maybe remember JR's comments about an inside job, all projected to influence exterior opinion. So yes it looks like BDI with the parents deliberately messing up the forensic evidence so to suit their particular agenda!

The truth of this case is that as long as BR could remain factored into the crime as being a possible perpetrator, both of the adult R's had a lot of protection from intensive investigation by the DA's office. I can easily believe that they were quickly inundated by a perfect storm of high power legal defense, big money business infiltration, some easily managed individuals in the DA's office, and even support from some in the political arena. After all, BR was so young, even the law in CO couldn't hold him in any way responsible.

I think the R's knew they had a better than average opportunity to be able to keep BR totally protected in the aftermath from ever having to believe he had any responsibility in JB's death. Add in the fact that BR would have been totally groomed to believe it was an intruder (thanks to LS) who eventually strangled his sister, whether or not he knew he had done something vicious to her sometime earlier than what became her forensic time of death.

I can go so far as to agree with those who think BR was involved in some of the foul play that evening prior to the strangulation. But that cord was not applied and used by him for death assuring strangulation purposes, IMO.

Kolar's book is pretty amazing, so well written too. I was disappointed however when he didn't share his theory of prosecution :(. I would have loved to know how he saw the sequence of events that night as per the evidence he presented. I dont believe the parents placed the garrotte on her, I believe that the brother hit her on the head, fashioned the garrotte and then strangled her, not sure whether he had sexually abused her before or after he killed her. The parents, after finding out what happened, proceeded in covering up the murder to protect their son...they added the tape to the victim's mouth and the loose rope around the wrists...

Kolar's book is pretty amazing, so well written too. I was disappointed however when he didn't share his theory of prosecution :(. I would have loved to know how he saw the sequence of events that night as per the evidence he presented. I dont believe the parents placed the garrotte on her, I believe that the brother hit her on the head, fashioned the garrotte and then strangled her, not sure whether he had sexually abused her before or after he killed her. The parents, after finding out what happened, proceeded in covering up the murder to protect their son...they added the tape to the victim's mouth and the loose rope around the wrists...

Then Burke has to be one very disturbed young man. I personally don't feel the same way.I think it's possible he is responsible blow on the head in a burst of anger. But then, if that is the case, I think the parents, or Patsy alone, did the rest.

That is still my secondary theory though. I have seen tons of well thought out and convincing theories for John and for Burke, but I always end up back at PDI. We are a just a few days away from the 18 year mark, and I still think it was her.

Just my Opinion, of course.

Hey everyone. I've come on here over the years and have always felt a need to find justice for beautiful JonBenet. I know some of you have gone through every single case file and I admire you so much on your quest to find justice for this amazing child that was taken from us. I'm only halfway through the thread and haven't studied the case as extensively as some of the posters here so I apologize for any mistakes. However, I have firsthand account with how corrupt the DA office is in Colorado. My Uncle was brutally murdered there in a drug crime that involved him being killed by 5-6 other people. I do know that not only was he tortured before death, but he was beaten to death, and was then put through a wood chipper by his killers in order to try to hide the evidence. They then burned his body. This case ruined my family and my grandparents have never recovered from the loss of their son. His death seemed like it was out of a film and what is crazy is that all men that were involved (5-6 I believe) were all out of prison in less than 10 years. They all went on to live happy lives, have children, etc. How is it that with DNA evidence and a body AND a confession that these men only received that short amount of time? It is DISGUSTING how corrupt the DA and court system is in Colorado. And what do ya know.. it was in Boulder. It makes me so angry that not only my Uncle did not receive justice but neither did JonBenet. Both cases have loads of evidence, evidence in my opinion in JonBenet's case points to exactly who did it, and yet my uncle's murderers and JonBenet's murders went on to live happy lives. Lives that were completely stolen from their victims.

I've always believed that the Ramsey's had something to do with the death of JonBenet. In my mind the only logical explanation for them covering for each other and for keeping it a secret for so long is that they are doing so in order to protect Burke. I do believe that Burke delivered the initial blow. If Kolar is leaning in that direction (and he has mounds of evidence in his pocket that we probably have no idea about) I would say that... that is probably the case. Burke had behavioral issues. What is so hard with this case is that there is so much information that it is overwhelming and the Ramsey's knew this and so did their attorneys. It is extremely easy to forget crucial pieces of evidence because there was simply so much of it. I believe that Burke delivered the blow, and that he was experimenting sexually with his sister. I do believe that the Ramsey's might have been aware and that is why Burke was in counseling before the murder. It is weird that they kept his medical records under such tight wraps. Also, behavior is huge when it comes to crimes and past behavior. To me, knowing that Burke smeared feces on a wall (which is extremely RARE and I have never heard anything like it) when Patsy went through her first bout of cancer and knowing that there was a box of chocolate smeared with feces in JBR's room during the crime is EXTREMELY telling. There's no way that JBR would have done that to her own chocolates. It is an act of spite and anger in my opinion. I do believe that Kolar was on the right track when it came to the train toy that was used to jab at JBR to cause those marks on her face and back. I always thought the stun gun was bogus from the beginning. I think that JBR was knocked out and Burke jabbed her in a few areas to see if she would stir. The parents knew that JBR was done and fashioned the garrotte (which is the only thing that bothers me about this case. it just seems like such overkill). Also, having the dictionary opened to "incest" is very telling. I highly doubt that Patsy knew that Burke wouldn't be held culpable. I had no idea that even existed in Colorado (I'm sorry for my ignorance!) but I had no idea. I'm not sure if the Ramsey's did either. Either way they did not want their reputation tainted in any way or form. Also, noting the fact that Burke was overheard speaking to a friend about whether or not JonBenet had been manually strangled is extremely troubling. At that age, I wouldn't even know what manual strangulation is? Or when he was initially questioned about what happened to his sister.. how he said with literally no emotion that JBR was taken downstairs and was either stabbed or beaten with a hammer. He seemed to be completely withdrawn.

The way that JBR's body was found is also very telling. Wrapped up warm and nicely in a blanket. No sexual predator would go to great lengths to make sure that she was "warm". It's extremely common, as I'm sure you all know, that in murder cases perps will cover ones they are close to in order to not see the crime they have committed. In addition, there were fibers all over that crime scene that point to John and Patsy doing the staging of the crime. I'm not sure if the sexual assault was staging or if that was Burke, which causes JBR to scream, which leads to him delivering the blow to her head. In my opinion... Burke made the penetration or touched the paint brush and then digitally penetrated, which caused pain for JBR... the scream... the head blow.

I think that Patsy most definitely wrote the ransom note and with that you have to conclude that she was an accessory to the crime at the very least. What struck me as SO incredibly odd when I re-read the letter is that the supposed kidnapper offered to do a different pick up time for JBR if the Ramsey's got the money earlier. NO kidnapper would make such an offer. He previously stated that the delivery would be exhausting and advised John to be ready. If that were true I would imagine there was elaborate planning in the supposed pick up and I doubt that the kidnapper would just be like "Oh, you have the money early... let me make it more convenient for ya!" It just doesn't add up. Due to their religious background.. I have no doubt in my mind that S.B.T.C stands for saved by the cross and that victory was them saying that they are victorious through Jesus Christ to justify their actions in their own mind. Also, the writer refers to himself as a foreigner... who would refer to themselves in that way? No one.

There's still so much more but I'm trying to gather it all into one conclusive theory on what happened. Still got homework to do!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back