OK OK - Rev. Carol Daniels, 61, Anadarko, 23 Aug 2009

Thanks for posting that vid Ruflossn.

It's been a busy day and I finally got a chance to catch up the latest news.

I don't know if it was a misquote earlier, but I thought Mr Richardson originally said the suspect he saw was bald headed. Now in this interview he says he was wearing a ski mask. I know the media does misquote people so Im wondering if this is the case or if he changed his story. Or if the guy removed his ski mask and was bald headed.

If he did see the suspect leaving out the front, I'm wondering which way he walked and for how far. If the suspect went north for a block, he would have walked into a very busy convenient store parking lot. If he went south past the store, the suspect would have been visible from the police station.

Of course, the suspect could have cut between the houses to the north and walked back into the residential area, if he did in fact come out the front door.

I just came across this. (also just saw your reply Colette)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88118&page=3
KOCO Crew Finds Knife Near Anadarko Site
Robert Robinson Says He Saw Carol Daniels' Killer Leave Church

ANADARKO, Okla. -- Nearly two weeks after an Anadarko pastor was found slain in her church, a KOCO satellite truck operator found a knife and alerted investigators.

The knife, which measures eight to ten inches long and had a black handle, was found near an old car wash across the street from the church.

A preliminary autopsy report said The Rev. Carol Daniels had been stabbed in the neck and chest.

Thanks for posting that vid Ruflossn.

It's been a busy day and I finally got a chance to catch up the latest news.

I don't know if it was a misquote earlier, but I thought Mr Richardson originally said the suspect he saw was bald headed. Now in this interview he says he was wearing a ski mask. I know the media does misquote people so Im wondering if this is the case or if he changed his story. Or if the guy removed his ski mask and was bald headed.

If he did see the suspect leaving out the front, I'm wondering which way he walked and for how far. If the suspect went north for a block, he would have walked into a very busy convenient store parking lot. If he went south past the store, the suspect would have been visible from the police station.

Of course, the suspect could have cut between the houses to the north and walked back into the residential area, if he did in fact come out the front door.

I just came across this. (also just saw your reply Colette)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88118&page=3
KOCO Crew Finds Knife Near Anadarko Site
Robert Robinson Says He Saw Carol Daniels' Killer Leave Church

ANADARKO, Okla. -- Nearly two weeks after an Anadarko pastor was found slain in her church, a KOCO satellite truck operator found a knife and alerted investigators.

The knife, which measures eight to ten inches long and had a black handle, was found near an old car wash across the street from the church.

A preliminary autopsy report said The Rev. Carol Daniels had been stabbed in the neck and chest.

The knife was found across the street.
That would mean the perp would have left the church and crossed the street? The witness did not say anything about that. (not that he wouldn't have mentioned it off camera / to LE etc.......)

I would like to know if the blade of the knife was clean.
I would like to know if the knife was found in a concealed manner

Below is a link to a video of the witness that claims to have seen a man leaving the church at the time of Pastor Daniel's death.

Notes of interest:
The witness states the man left out the front door.
The man was wearing a mask similiar to a ski mask.

If the man left out the front door ~ How did the front door get locked? IIRC, the couple that was going to Sunday school found the front door locked.

http://www.koco.com/video/20713520/index.html

The front door of the church did not have a dead bolt.
It had the type of lock you could lock from the inside and then close the door from the outside.

The link below, shows the front door of the church at approximately the 1 min. / 19 sec. mark.

Below is a link to a video of the witness that claims to have seen a man leaving the church at the time of Pastor Daniel's death.

Notes of interest:
The witness states the man left out the front door.
The man was wearing a mask similiar to a ski mask.

If the man left out the front door ~ How did the front door get locked? IIRC, the couple that was going to Sunday school found the front door locked.

http://www.koco.com/video/20713520/index.html

The front door of the church did not have a dead bolt.
It had the type of lock you could lock from the inside and then close the door from the outside.

The link below, shows the front door of the church at approximately the 1 min. / 19 sec. mark.

http://www.koco.com/video/20717748/index.html

At min 1:15 the reporter says that Richardson claims the man had blood on his clothes.
How far can you go without being noticed if you have bloody clothes on?Something's not right with this man statements IMO.maybe he's just confused.Or maybe he was too drunk?Just speculating,I have no idea.But I got the feeling that LE doesn't take him too seriously either.

OSBI Inspector Steve Neuman neither confirmed nor denied agents visited Richardson.

"I hadn’t heard that name, but that doesn’t mean agents didn’t talk to him,” Neuman said. "Let’s put it this way, if he were someone important, I would have known about him.”

http://newsok.com/anadarko-inquiry-into-pastors-death-continues/article/3397788

If what Richardson says is true and not fiction that would make him the key witness in this case and automatically someone important,or?

:waitasec:

It says somewhere that he didn't go talk to LE about what he saw right then because he wanted to sober up,was afraid that LE wouldn't believe him.
Was this before the body was found?(him going to talk to LE)TIA
Cause if he went to LE after the body was found it could be that he just wanted some attention.

And :

"This guy was coming out. He was covered in blood and he had a ski mask on. He had a knife in his hand and he was dripping blood," Richardson said.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11044547

IMO sounds a bit exaggerated.

Would you sit there and finish your beer if you saw something like that??

So first the witness says he saw a man who was bald - noe he says the man was wearing a ski mask. How did he know he was bald if he was wearing a ski mask?

AND the knife is found close to the car wash......

More about the knife:

ANADARKO — A satellite truck operator for an Oklahoma City television station discovered a large knife at a car wash across the street from an Anadarko church where a pastor was viciously slain.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation inspector Steve Neuman says the knife is being analyzed, but indicated it's unlikely to be the murder weapon. He says it appears the knife had been at that location for some time.

http://newsok.com/knife-discovered-near-slain-pastors-church-in-anadarko/article/3398161

I'm confused. Is Richardson the drifter from Florida? If so, then has he been in town long enough for the victim to become, as he calls her, "my pastor"?

His story sounds awful fishy to me. Not sure if it's because he's hiding something or he just likes the attention of being a "witness."

Yes Richardson is the drifter from Florida. I don't know how long he has been hanging around.

I agree with you though - his story reeks of fish, IMO. He is either making the whole thing up because he's loony and likes the attention, he really did see the killer, or he is in fact the killer who made a really stupid mistake by contacting LE and drawing attention to himself.

I tend to go with door number 3 on this one.

Yes Richardson is the drifter from Florida. I don't know how long he has been hanging around.

I agree with you though - his story reeks of fish, IMO. He is either making the whole thing up because he's loony and likes the attention, he really did see the killer, or he is in fact the killer who made a really stupid mistake by contacting LE and drawing attention to himself.

I tend to go with door number 3 on this one.

They say many killers try to inject themselves into the "search for the killer" so they can direct the investigation or find out what evidence LE has.

Hi, first time posting here. I live in Anadarko. If Richardson is a drifter, he drifted in a long time ago. I know he was here before he was in prison, he's been here afterwards. I'm gonna ask someone who knows him better than me, I really don't think he's a drifter at all, living here most of his life.

Called a couple of people, both say Richardson was raised here. Not a drifter at all, also, I wanted to point out, from what I understand, in the pictures that are up here of the area, the second picture shows store in orange, that is a store, a used furniture store, but the surveillance cameras are at the convenience store on the corner North of the church, There is on that block, the furniture store, the church, a house, a house, a house, then across the street a convenience store.

Called a couple of people, both say Richardson was raised here. Not a drifter at all, also, I wanted to point out, from what I understand, in the pictures that are up here of the area, the second picture shows store in orange, that is a store, a used furniture store, but the surveillance cameras are at the convenience store on the corner North of the church, There is on that block, the furniture store, the church, a house, a house, a house, then across the street a convenience store.

rskybow1-thanks for filling in the details. I was wondering if there is still the gas station across from the step n fetch and if it was open too. I know that liquor store wasn't open cause it was sunday.

Some more questions here-

Is it easy to park behind the church and turn around back out the alley?

Are there dogs in yards on that block?

Can you slip between the houses on that block or are there fences around some of the yards?

Thanks!

rskybow1-thanks for filling in the details. I was wondering if there is still the gas station across from the step n fetch and if it was open too. I know that liquor store wasn't open cause it was sunday.

Some more questions here-

Is it easy to park behind the church and turn around back out the alley?

Are there dogs in yards on that block?

Can you slip between the houses on that block or are there fences around some of the yards?

Thanks!

The gas station 4B is still there, I'm pretty sure they're closed on Sunday, will check that out for sure this Sunday. It's not directly across the street from Step though, more diagonal. I seen three cars parked in the alley of the church a couple of days ago, it must be fairly easy to turn around and get out. I will check that out for sure tomorrow and the other questions you asked also.

Welcome to WS rskybow1!!! Thanks for your insight into the area and Richardson.

The latest:

"Earlier, a woman who lives two doors down from the church said she noticed someone had been living in her cellar. Investigators carried bags of evidence out of her home after doing a search."

http://www.koco.com/news/20736334/detail.html

Welcome to WS rskybow1!!! Thanks for your insight into the area and Richardson.
The latest:
"Earlier, a woman who lives two doors down from the church said she noticed someone had been living in her cellar. Investigators carried bags of evidence out of her home after doing a search."
http://www.koco.com/news/20736334/detail.html

:eek: Oh MY!! Her cellar is that her basement? Scary!!

I'm confused. Is Richardson the drifter from Florida? If so, then has he been in town long enough for the victim to become, as he calls her, "my pastor"?

His story sounds awful fishy to me. Not sure if it's because he's hiding something or he just likes the attention of being a "witness."

After what I've seen so far and it isn't much I tend to believe the last part,he just wants some attention.He's not a credible witness though,he changes his story and I think LE doesn't take him too seriously either.

But I guess it will be very easy to check if he was indeed drinking beer that day where/when he claimed.Someone must have seen him there.What I still find bizarre is that he saw something like that and didn't tell anybody about it and I don't mean LE,he has an explanation for that,but he didn't tell a friend or someone else who was drinking there?I would have told or alerted SOMEONE.

Maybe things will be clearer when we know more.

Thanks for the heads up on this tragic case, Ruflossn. Upon reading that Ms. Daniels was not only murdered within a church but posed as well, my first thought was, some sort of ritualistic crime or racially motivated hate crime. While not impossible, a few things indicate this is unlikely. Why?

Imo, the posing was more of an afterthought. A red herring, if you may. As for the crime itself? From the autopsy notes, you're looking at serious overkill (i.e., more force than is necessary to complete a kill). What is notably striking and most anomalous about this case is not the presence of solvent, rather the theory that the solvent was used to destroy evidence. This latter bit seems contradictory. Or otherwise put, the view that the perp murdered her in an obvious fit of rage and then had a moment of clarity to use solvent to remove evidence? I don't think so.

I would proffer that the more likely scenario is that the perp attempted to set her on fire after murdering her. Hence, the hair burning. And he would have completed what he set out to do but was "frightened" away when the Wilsons came knocking at 11:40 a.m. (remember, his "window of opportunity" was just under two hours). So, he ends up hastily posing her and runs out the back... most likely leaving blood evidence on the door as he leaves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back