TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what, I think she screamed at the beginning of the abduction and that is why the bro looked out.

I think that's a good possibility - a quick, frightened scream when this man first came up to her. The brother probably was sleeping and it jarred him, he got up and looked out the window, was still sleepy and thought that the sister was with the ex, and just went back to sleep or laid there until he went to investigate further.

What I mean about the blood-if LE had determined it was old, deer blood, etc...I think they would have been happy to be able to take that off the table. But they didn't so I think is it meaningful. They probably wish it had never come out in the first place, although it was TBI who first mentioned it.

As far as the whole car/not car business...I do think they probably found a car, but it may not have turned out to be the abductors car. Who knows...

If they had an idea who this is, I hope they would put his face and license plate number out there. They haven't so I don't believe they do know.

Any mentions of an ex-boyfriend have been RUMOR only to this point.

Capri, there are supposedly 2 exes. The most recent ex is the one on her Facebook and it was reported that they broke up just a few days ago. I wonder about that even because I have daughters and know that the first thing someone does when they break up is to take everything of them off of their Facebook. So, just being a mother makes me wonder if they were even broke up.

I think that's a good possibility - a quick, frightened scream when this man first came up to her. The brother probably was sleeping and it jarred him, he got up and looked out the window, was still sleepy and thought that the sister was with the ex, and just went back to sleep or laid there until he went to investigate further.

Yeah, I also have been thinking through this whole thing that the brother was drowsy and not fully conscious. We've all been in that state of mind.

Capri, there are supposedly 2 exes. The most recent ex is the one on her Facebook and it was reported that they broke up just a few days ago. I wonder about that even because I have daughters and know that the first thing someone does when they break up is to take everything of them off of their Facebook. So, just being a mother makes me wonder if they were even broke up.

People have posted that if ex's are mentioned, they are rumors. I've also wondered about that breaking up "just a few days ago."

How did all of this become rumors anyway? Certainly, someone her age had ex's of some sort.

Well, I am going to bed for the night. My brain hurts from trying to figure this one out. I will say a prayer tonight for Holly & her family & friends. Hopefully, tomorrow will bring some answers :)

I'm sure she has ex-boyfriends...what we don't know is if any of them are actually a problem or a danger to her. But I am sure LE knows by now.

Well, I hope that LE knows all of the information, because they aren't telling us if any ex-boyfriends are cleared. They just keep mentioning in a muddled, incomprehensible way that rumors of boyfriends being suspects has been cleared up.

Can someone give a quick summary of what's been going on? These threads moves so fast and I was doing Relay for Life for 12 hours plus then I had to sleep so I missed a lot. So if anyone could tell me what happened after the whole "LE believes Holly is leaving a trail" and the 500 searchers part would be very appreciated!!

it assured me that I wasn't the only one bothered by the mothers dry eyes. Maybe it is just having a suspicious Websleuths nature but even the "swoon" down into the officers arms set me aback.

I watched the clip when it first aired and was immediately thrown for a loop when I saw her...

I am watching this thread, and I watched the very first pleas from Bobo's parents, both Mom and Dad, and Mom, imo, was in hysterics.

Maybe I missed something along the way...

"LE believes Holly is leaving a trail" and the 500 searchers part would be very appreciated!!

LE says this, it's good to have that hope - always. However, I don't think she made it either. She went missing Wednesday, it's almost Sunday. I think LE is finding a trail, but Holly didn't leave it.

There's always a miracle though, so can't really discount that.

Can someone give a quick summary of what's been going on? These threads moves so fast and I was doing Relay for Life for 12 hours plus then I had to sleep so I missed a lot. So if anyone could tell me what happened after the whole "LE believes Holly is leaving a trail" and the 500 searchers part would be very appreciated!!

Nothing really happened today, although Le said they did find more clues, did not say what.

And one source changed the story to say that her brother did not see her being abducted but we don't know what that means. Maybe it means he just saw her walking away but did not know she was being abducted.

They did a PC but gave out almost nothing. Would not talk about the blood, denied that a car was found the other day. Said that they are getting help from other states on following up leads and that tomorrow morning they are requesting only 100 searchers to start. They indicated it could be possible she has been taken out of the area, but still calling this a rescue mission.

Well, let's hope someone is on the case as we sleep, as they said "round the clock."

just some more news

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/16/earlyshow/saturday/main20054568.shtml

Investigators initially said Clint Bobo saw the back of an unidentified man dragging his sister towards the woods as she was leaving for class. Now they say, someone walked her away, and that her brother called 911 after spotting blood outside the house.

Search for Holly Bobo grows desperate
Crimesider: $25,000 reward offered for missing Tenn. student
Photos: Missing student Holly Bobo

The man who was seen with Bobo outside her home is described as dressed in full camouflage clothing, approximately 5'10" to 6 foot tall, and from 180 to 200 pounds.
More @ the link

Okay, this is what I want to know.

The FBI coming in so quickly, is a bit odd... but not unheard of. We see it more frequently with children... but they came in after 10 days with Morgan Harrington and she was an adult.

It is the US Marshals that is throwing me here.

I have seen them on cases when a child was missing with a sex offender or other felon.

I have seen them on cases occasionally when a child was simply abducted by a non custodial parent. Almost always after several months have gone by.

Very rarely have I ever seen them on cases of abducted adults.

They were involved when a cancer survivor was abducted by her suicidal estranged husband, leaving her 4, 2, and 1 year old children home alone... while screaming for help and her neighbor witnessed it.

They were involved when a woman was abducted from her home by a group of men and locked in her trunk for three days.

In both cases, they were tracing pings or GPS of some kind.

The other adult missing/abduction cases I have seen them involved in have all had some sort of law enforcement connection. Parole officer for example. Or they have been victims of a serial killer.

I don't even recall them being involved in Elizabeth Smart's case... other than transporting people to jail and being in court. And it seemed like everyone was involved in her case.

In Holly's case... as far as WE know....

We have a girl who "was led into the woods" with a man.

We have some blood, which they won't confirm after they confirmed it.

I can think of several cases that had much more "horrifying" circumstances (obvious struggle, large puddle of blood, young teen girls) which did not warrant the US Marshals. Some of them didn't even warrant more than a runaway status!

I cannot shake the feeling that we are missing a large piece of the puzzle. That there is something we do not know about. Something that would explain the reaction in this case.

What are the reasons US Marshals would get involved in an adult abduction case? Is it as simple as being asked by the local law enforcement? Or does there have to be something else that we are unaware of?

Just a thought...would the Marshals be involved if they thought/knew that the person that took Holly was already known to them...someone on the run already? Would they get involved as per the rumour regarding the restraining order if true?

MsFacetious, you're a marvel to put this all together. How interesting the US Marshall's being involved - I had no idea they were on the case. The only thing I can think of is they are looking for someone that fits this kidnappers profile. Maybe they know who it is. I thought they only looked for known suspects.

What are the reasons US Marshals would get involved in an adult abduction case? Is it as simple as being asked by the local law enforcement? Or does there have to be something else that we are unaware of?

Her cousin is a well known country singer and it could be linked or related to her?

Random thought here, and I am probably wrong since I trust the astros more than myself.

But, I think since it's already high profile given who some of her kin are, the reaction to the case is quicker. Sad, maybe true, all-in-all just my thought.

First I would like to say this is an awesome site. I haven't heard anything on if civilian searchers are allowed to search close to the home or on the property...I would think footprints have been located. There should have been tracks . Was there expert trackers utiized? It's my gut feeling that information from cell phone records are pointing them toward a suspect. Does anyone know if there are any road cams or live cams ...gas station cams...supermarket cams.....etc.nearby? The FBI could be tracing a GPS signal from a cellphone. Just a few thoughts.

Earlier - all the weirdness with initial information & immediate clearing of the brother & the bf immediately - did make me wonder if LE knows who they are after.

They have listed specific height & weight of camouflaged male last seen ... stated in cbs news...

US Marshalls ... rural area ... makes sense to me ...

very sad. IMO, Holly was definitely targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member