Patrick McKenna (Famous PI) On Defense Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to chuckle on this one. Most criminal attorneys aren't wealthy at all. They have to be high profile to really make any $$$.

Corporate Law, Personal Injury and Divorce! That's where the $$$$ is :)

You are right about this dream team, they are already profiting off of this (Free advertisement)

Yes, you're right, but they only need one big case to become high profile. Cases like this can generate enough money for somebody to retire at the age of 30! That's what criminal lawyers look for - the case that can make 'em but not break 'em. That's why there's so many stupid ambulance chasers out there! Corporate Law can stink unless you have huge prominant a/c's. When Bush signed off on the limitations of medical lawsuits, it hurt how much Personal Injury lawyers can make, and therefore they don't stand to make as much anymore. Divorce is the place to be in today's economy - that's for sure! Thanks for the bantar - you really made me think.:blowkiss:

From your link:

Is it possible that the Fl taxpayers are paying for all these high profile people? Even the poorest of the poor are entitled to a defense team. Has JB found a way to use the State to pay for all of this?

Also, each one of these high profile people have their own history of problems, with references to earlier cases. Can the prosecution use this against them at Casey's trial, to show they are all about smoke & mirrors :waitasec:

answers: 1- bingo! 2- won't really have much of an impact, if he's even brought to the stand in the first place (they only need his leg work & expertise...somebody else can sign off for all we know)

Are you kidding me? Ya know what's crazy? She already has grounds for an appeal and the trial hasn't even begun. It's unethical for JB to be hugging her everytime he sees her. Hmmm, maybe they're passing notes or something...like notes between family members...like none of us have already thought about that.:eek: These people make me sick, truly sick.

I have no doubt Casey Anthony will be convicted of the murder of Caylee Anthony. No doubt at all. It doesn't matter what kind of smoke the defense tries to generate, the jury will not be able to get past the 31 days of partying, sex, cooking for boys, cleaning out her best friend's checking account, like nothing happened. Not to mention refusing to do one single thing to help police find her child. Fair or not, that's what it will all come down to. Picking apart every little detail of the forensics will do nothing but bore the jury to tears after hearing all those details listed above.

Remember Darlie? She's on death row. The jury foreman said they watched the silly string tape 7 or 8 times, and just couldn't fathom how a mother could be partying and laughing and playing with silly string at her son's grave 8 days after the murder. Casey was shaking it for all the world to see 4 days after Caylee was killed - not to mention strolling through Blockbuster with her latest man on the very day.

There is no defense for this girl - none.

With all due respect, they had OJ's blood in Nicole's yard and Nicole's blood mixed with OJ's blood on his Bronco's steering wheel.

Yes we will be spared the Dancing Ito's!!! TG!
*respectfully snipped*

Ha Ha Ha!!!
[instead of the Dancing Itos we have Baez & the scheme team dancing as fast as they can LOL]

:biglaugh:

Are you kidding me? Ya know what's crazy? She already has grounds for an appeal and the trial hasn't even begun. It's unethical for JB to be hugging her everytime he sees her. Hmmm, maybe they're passing notes or something...like notes between family members...like none of us have already thought about that.:eek: These people make me sick, truly sick.

Yes, that has already been nailed down hasn't it!!!

Yes, that has already been nailed down hasn't it!!!

radio, it makes me cry as I sit here typing & shaking b/c I'm so upset that a beautiful innocent baby's memory is being desecrated by these xxxx

With all due respect, they had OJ's blood in Nicole's yard and Nicole's blood mixed with OJ's blood on his Bronco's steering wheel.

That's exactly my point. Often, the "evidence" is not what the jury bases their opinions on and, rightly or wrongly, juries tend to vote based upon how they feel about the defendant.

Many women have been convicted of murder simply because they didn't "act right" after the murder.

radio, it makes me cry as I sit here typing & shaking b/c I'm so upset that a beautiful innocent baby's memory is being desecrated by these a$$holes!

Well, good ole Wendy Murphy was on a radio program recently and her theory of what happened to Caylee is shocking and very very painful. Nothing new I guess to sleuthers, but if anything even close were to be ahead for this case.... it isn't going to be pretty.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/statio...age/2009/02/02/Wendy-Murphy-and-Diane-Dimond-

This only furthers my suspicians that theres "someone" funding these well known names. Casey has no money!! then again.......was it actually $ -or- BS that got OJ off ?

I seriously doubt they're being paid by the Anthony's, or maybe anyone. The advertisement/media attention they're getting is worth a fortune. It's the kind of career advancement that can't be bought, so working for "free" is a loose term, IMO.

It will backfire. Doing things for all the wrong reasons always does. Casey will be convicted, and all these careers will burn, just like Geregos' who is STILL a laughing stock. Again, my humble opinion.:)

Interesting, McKenna's strategy:
<<Up front, Mr. McKenna gets the official story -- what his client has been charged with, all the details authorities have collected. Then he looks for contradictions.
"Usually, when you start out, it looks really bad," he explains. "Then the more you find out, the picture starts changing."
And the best way to change the picture is to find an alibi. >>

I remember how quiet and somber JB became after Caylee's remains were discovered. IMO his entire plan hinged on LE never finding the body. Now he's trying to come up with plan B,C,D and E.
He's desperate. And Judge Strickland is no Judge Ito,TG!

How sure are we that the Hon. Stan Strickland will remain the judge in this case?

So....this guy was on the OJ team. Big whoop!

I want to know what mysterious entity is behind the defense getting all of these high-profile names involved on this case, and what their agenda was/is. This is one of the most bizarre cases of defense power build-up I have ever seen... (in regards of not involving someone famous or high-profile)

Yes indeed. Who is paying for all these high-profile peeps?

Yes this whole thing to me really makes me wonder where the money is coming from, and what deals were made.. the main fear I have is that they covered their tracks to well for it to be proved. (Im hoping they haven't, but time will tell)... There are just way to many high priced famous (or should that be infamous) people involved for there to be no money.

OT
on a side note Jersey Girl in response to this (respectfully snipped of course:

Divorce is the place to be in today's economy - that's for sure! Thanks for the bantar - you really made me think.:blowkiss:

The divorce lawyers i know..(and one of my friends is one) are having a really hard time in this economy as alot of people cant afford to get divorced. My friend had to refund money to some who decided to just live together and not divorce because they cant afford the fees.. the splitting of the houses and the property at this time..

He is a very good long standing divorce lawyer and at times is having a hard time making payroll.

I don't know why, but the word "appeal" doesn't really scare me. If her case is appealed, she will have another trial and be convicted again. I think OJ's aquittal had more to do with his "star power" and the fear of post conviction riots (due to the racism of Fuhrman) than it did with any kind of "reasonable doubt".

This "dream team " is anything but. I doubt the ordinary person who does not follow crime stories even knows (or cares) who LKB is. Lee has no credibility and is known for being called in to be a spin doctor. The minute he starts trying to explain the decomp in the car as a rotting ham sandwich ....:rolleyes: and now this "famous PI"? I had no clue who he was, and from the article he didn't uncover anything, those tapes (of Fuhrman)were handed to him. Not much investigating to do when you are tipped off. Now, if he is able to find a tape of these investigators using derrogatory words like "sl*t" then we might be in trouble:crazy:

They could get Columbo, McCloud, Hercule Poirot, Thomas Magnum, Perry Mason and Harry Houdini on the defense team, and it still would do Casey little good.

Yes this whole thing to me really makes me wonder where the money is coming from, and what deals were made.. the main fear I have is that they covered their tracks to well for it to be proved. (Im hoping they haven't, but time will tell)... There are just way to many high priced famous (or should that be infamous) people involved for there to be no money.

OT
on a side note Jersey Girl in response to this (respectfully snipped of course:

The divorce lawyers i know..(and one of my friends is one) are having a really hard time in this economy as alot of people cant afford to get divorced. My friend had to refund money to some who decided to just live together and not divorce because they cant afford the fees.. the splitting of the houses and the property at this time..

He is a very good long standing divorce lawyer and at times is having a hard time making payroll.

Wow! That's so sad. On a better note, maybe it would just be cheaper for people to start counselling or therapy instead of getting a divorce.

I don't know why, but the word "appeal" doesn't really scare me. If her case is appealed, she will have another trial and be convicted again. I think OJ's aquittal had more to do with his "star power" and the fear of post conviction riots (due to the racism of Fuhrman) than it did with any kind of "reasonable doubt".

This "dream team " is anything but. I doubt the ordinary person who does not follow crime stories even knows (or cares) who LKB is. Lee has no credibility and is known for being called in to be a spin doctor. The minute he starts trying to explain the decomp in the car as a rotting ham sandwich ....:rolleyes: and now this "famous PI"? I had no clue who he was, and from the article he didn't uncover anything, those tapes (of Fuhrman)were handed to him. Not much investigating to do when you are tipped off. Now, if he is able to find a tape of these investigators using derrogatory words like "sl*t" then we might be in trouble:crazy:

Yeah, I hope you're right. But, just so you know, I know several people that think a dead body smells like a very sweet rotten bacon. Decomp smell strengths vary depending on the age of the decomp. My experience has shown me that a dead body & it's decompositional components smell like nothing I can compare with anything else. Heck, I survived on peanuts for 2 months after the first time I smelled it! But, if the prosecution's forensic team tries to say decomp doesn't smell like rotten ham, all JB would have to do is print out some pages from medical websites stating exactly how many people could disagree with that. Everyone has a different story about the smell of decomp. I could say it smells like candy (of course it doesn't) but it's beside the point. The defense is obviously distorting the facts and it makes me sick!

I don't worry about appeals either. All murder convictions are appealed, especially an LWOP case. Few decisions are ever reversed or remanded for retrial anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado