State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone asked my husband 5% of this stuff he'd look like he was not even living in the same house with me. Fact of the matter is - he has no clue.

I manage the money, I make the appointments, I refill his Rx's, handle medical claims, pay all the bills, etc. He couldn't name our doctor(s), either - he just goes when I make the appointment. Joke is that if I ever die - it'd take him YEARS to find his own money.

But seriously - I am not sure he could answer lots of this stuff - although I know he'd know his mom's middle name, etc.

Some of this information should not be put on the internet ... like names, phone numbers, addresses of Brad's extended family ... and it seems Brad is bad with names and dates even with his brother and parents.

He appears to be *okay* with numbers when it comes to Heather Metour's children, their ages, names, etc.

This is going to sound terrible, but if I was being asked the same types of questions, I would also have problems with middle names of immediate family.

Especially if you're under the gun in a stressful deposition. I have 4 kids and wrote the names and birth dates for them all just in case I got a "brain fart" during my divorce hearing. It happens!

Is that it? This deposition is pretty much how they are going to round out the week it seems. I don't think it is the wisest thing to leave the jury with before the weekend. If I were a juror I would definitely be thinking that this is it, there really is no meat to this case.

But he is under oath, & this deposition was done Oct. 2, 2008, long before any of this occured. He certainly had no expectation this would ever come out in a murder trial, did he? He wasn't even under arrest yet.

You seem to forget even at this early date he had lawyers advising him for up the 3 months. I'm pretty sure there was an idea he was soon going to be charged. Perhaps all the search warrants gave it away.

Question for everyone:

From a juror's perspective, how do you think they'll respond to having to sit through basically the entirety of Brad's 6 hour deposition? There is so much that isn't relevant, so much repetition, etc. (which now that I think about it, sums up much of the witness testimony to this point). I believe (and it's no secret that I'm a fence-sitter) that I personally would resent having my time essentially wasted with all the irrelevant/repetitive stuff just to wait for a few "nuggets" of info. Remember, they aren't choosing to sit through all of this like us crazies here!

I work at a financial institution and we will not open a $$ account without a SS #. FWIW

Same here -- I am EARLY(!) retired from a bank in Raleigh, and we do not, either. That's a tough way to be, but our mgmt. decided not to allow it. Especially since all the new laws resulting from 9/11 and the Patriot Act, OFAC, etc., etc. From my experience supporting the interest reporting system, I have been exposed to a lot of SSN-related issues and problems. If a customer does not have an SSN and earns interest (like on a NOW account or savings account) or pays interest on a mortgage or on a HELOC, that customer is subject to federal withholding or trouble with the IRS on a HELOC, and possibly a penalty -- interest income/interest paid reporting is via SSN so that is one reasons the bank does not allow it. Our customer contact people could give them the paperwork for applying for one, and after it is received, they would set up an account, but not before the SSN was given. (Sound familiar??)
icon7.gif

It's only 4:01 here in NC right now. I thought my buffering had begun......they must be on break. I can't believe they just cut everything completely off like that for the day.

Question for everyone:

From a juror's perspective, how do you think they'll respond to having to sit through basically the entirety of Brad's 6 hour deposition? There is so much that isn't relevant, so much repetition, etc. (which now that I think about it, sums up much of the witness testimony to this point). I believe (and it's no secret that I'm a fence-sitter) that I personally would resent having my time essentially wasted with all the irrelevant/repetitive stuff just to wait for a few "nuggets" of info. Remember, they aren't choosing to sit through all of this like us crazies here!

I would be a juror feeling like my time was being wasted.

I was deposed once years ago in an anti-trust case involving my employer. The opposing side was very through in their research.

I made some calls to customers as a courtesy to let them know about a potential problem with something, and during the deposition they brought out specific names of people that I had (presumably) spoken with, even though I made the calls and could not even remember which customer sites I had called.

This is going to sound terrible, but if I was being asked the same types of questions, I would also have problems with middle names of immediate family.

Then I suggest you *appear* to have the same problem/s with whom ever you have sex with in your marital home/bedroom closet. :great:

Question for everyone:

Since this is a murder trial, and I hope they take their job seriously, they may not mind. It's boring and repetitive to us but to them it's a man's life. If I were on the jury, I wouldn't complain about sitting through the six hours. I'd be taking notes.

Question for everyone:

IMO it depends on whether or not BC testifies in court during the trial or not. He is getting to testify here before the jury....they will be able to assess his personality, demeanor etc. This is an interesting situation for both defense and prosecution as another poster pointed out. So for now for me 'the jury is still out'.

If anyone asked my husband 5% of this stuff he'd look like he was not even living in the same house with me. Fact of the matter is - he has no clue.

I manage the money, I make the appointments, I refill his Rx's, handle medical claims, pay all the bills, etc. He couldn't name our doctor(s), either - he just goes when I make the appointment. Joke is that if I ever die - it'd take him YEARS to find his own money.

But seriously - I am not sure he could answer lots of this stuff - although I know he'd know his mom's middle name, etc.

I can see a huge difference between you and your hubby..First off Brad had total control of all funds, he paid or didnt pay the bills, especially in the last 6 months!!..And for a guy thats good with digital info..I am sure he is aware of where every dime went...Nancy had to rely on whatever Brad deemed allowable in cash money he would give her, that she could spend on the household expenses/childcare/food etc....

Brad may be bad with names, and dates and when personal things happened..but boy oh boy..He knows everybody email address, and which one belonged to whom...I am also pretty sure he knows his bank account numbers too..LOL

I wonder if Heather Matour ever visits Brad in jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member