GUILTY GA - Christopher Barrios, 6, murdered, Glynn County, 8 March 2007

We may need to move this to current trials...

Ga. man faces trial for 6-year-old boy's slaying

WALB-TV - ‎4 hours ago‎
... against Edenfield include his wife, who police say watched her husband and adult son take turns raping Christopher Michael Barrios before killing him. ...

Ga. man faces trial for 6-year-old boy's slaying

Columbus Ledger-Enquirer - Russ Bynum - ‎4 hours ago‎
Dozens of volunteers spent a week helping police look for 6-year-old Christopher Michael Barrios after he vanished while playing in the mobile home park ...

"Goodnight, God bless you I love you" too little man, after every nightfall comes morning light, your smile brightens heaven now. Justice can not come swiftly enough. God's judgment, His justice is excellent.
:parrot:

Medical Examiner Testifies Today

BRUNSWICK, GA -- Late this afternoon, a medical examiner described to the jury how 6-year-old Christopher Barrios Jr. was sexually assaulted and died from asphyxiation.

There was evidence of a sexual assault, plus a bite mark on the young boy's back, said Jamie Downs of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, during the third day of the trial of David Edenfield.

"My opinion would be, the most likely means to cause Christopher's death would have been by that neck compression, be it by an arm from the sides in a sleeper hold, by a towel
on the neck or by palms up against the side of his neck," Downs said.

Edenfield sat with his lawyers showing little emotion during the medical testimony.

(cont'd at link) LIGHT A CANDLE OR SAY A PRAYER :prayer: JUSTICE FOR LITTLE CHRISTOPHER

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=145956&catid=3

Peggy Edenfield Takes Stand; Recounts Details of Murder

BRUNSWICK, GA -- As the prosecution closed their case early Saturday evening, they called Peggy Edenfield to the stand to testify against her husband.

She recounted details of how her husband placed the body of young Christopher Barrios into their car after he was strangled and sexually molested.

The jury is hearing arguments and the trial could extend into Sunday.

Maybe there's someone who can stand reading the horrific details. :mad: Rest in peace, little man.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=145956&catid=3

I thank God that the monster that did this will pay for it. I couldn't stomach the details but I know little Christopher had to have sufferef horribly and he deserves this little bit of justice.

Man Found Guilty of Murdering Boy, 6, in Georgia Trailer Park

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,560662,00.html?test=latestnews

That was fast.

I was at the court house today while the sentencing trial is going on. I was not attending the trial but saw the family on numerous occassions today.

The first time I saw them was when the fire alarm went off in the court house and they cleared the whole court house. The detention center is located across the street. As everyone was standing outside, you could hear the inmates at the jail yelling at one point. I wondered if that is when they took David back to the jail while the court house was cleared.

The last time I saw them was around 2:30 and they all came out for a break and were visibally shaken. It broke my heart to know what they have had to listen to while attending this trial. This child and his family has definately been in the hearts of our community since this horrible crime was committed!

Praying that justice is served on the 3 people responsible for what happened to that innocent child!!

Per Baynews9.com, sentenced to death.

I heard the prosecutor's statement was very emotional. I wish I could have heard it.

Per Baynews9.com, sentenced to death.

I heard the prosecutor's statement was very emotional. I wish I could have heard it.

It sounds like he was on the verge of tears he called DE an animal. He immediately turned to the jury and apologized ....

“This crime was outrageous, heinous, senseless and tragic. Every time you feel sorry for David Edenfield think of Christopher and think of his last horrendous moments of life,” he told jurors.
Kelley became so emotional that at one point he blurted that Edenfield was “this animal.”

Edenfield’s attorneys immediately objected and asked Judge Stephen Scarlett to admonish the veteran prosecutor. They also moved for a mistrial, which the judge denied.

The judge told the jury to disregard the statement because it was improper. I'll bet he had a hard time spitting those words out...

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgia/2009-10-06/story/jury_decides_edenfield_should_be_executed

one down and two to go. Has anyone heard what will happen to the "Friend" that helped them dispose of Christophers body?
There has been no word of him locally.

RIP Christopher, justice is being served, one person at a time honey!!

one down and two to go. Has anyone heard what will happen to the "Friend" that helped them dispose of Christophers body?
There has been no word of him locally.

RIP Christopher, justice is being served, one person at a time honey!!

Sorry I didn't see your question sooner.

Yes, He pled guilty the judge sentenced him to some time in a padded cell, then a very long time in a structured probation in some sort of half way house, in another county. And told him never to come back to his county again!! What's with that? I never heard of kicking a criminal out of a county until recently. You take a bad guy and send him to go live with some other innocent people!! Is that a southern thing??

I feel for this guy on some level. I really believe he is not competent, and was used by the family. I don't think he could have walked away that day after they told him what they did, if he is as "simple" as I heard he is, all they had to do was threaten him. The judge did a good job..

What a horrendous crime. I can't help but think that this "family" had to have abused the son, and maybe others, before he was old enough to start his own path of abusing others. Please tell me there is a God who still believes in justice and will see fit that he is placed in the general jail population.

This poor family and Christopher was such a cutie. One down as someone said earlier. Horrendous.

I read in the Brunswick News that George will be tested to see if he is fit to stand trial. They are waiting for his trial before they proceed with Peggy's trial.
How sad after what they did to Christopher, they get all the rights afforded to all. Regardless of the punishment they get from our courts, they will eventually face the music when they face the Lord.
May God continue to Bless the entire family of Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. May God help them all cope with their loss.

I read in the Brunswick News that George will be tested to see if he is fit to stand trial. They are waiting for his trial before they proceed with Peggy's trial.
How sad after what they did to Christopher, they get all the rights afforded to all. Regardless of the punishment they get from our courts, they will eventually face the music when they face the Lord.
May God continue to Bless the entire family of Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. May God help them all cope with their loss.

Has there been anything new on Christopher? I keep checking the local news, hoping & waiting.

Or I should say on George? The DA said George was going to be tested right after David was sentenced. Honestly the one who seems the most "touched" is Piggy. She had no problem flapping her gums about the crimes like she was explaining IDK, what to compare her to do what they did and then talk about it like it was nothing...

Just explaining what someone witnessed, when it is as horrible as what these animals did to this baby should make anyone have some sort of an emotional response. It doesn't sound like Piggy even blinked! The animals.. no worse than animals an animal wouldn't do this.

According to LE; David and Piggy sat "comparing stories" after they had been brought into custody. David even explained to her how things were going to happen and what was going on. IDK maybe the fact that it didn't occur to them that the walls had ears doesn't speak well for their thought process. I've never been arrested but if it ever happened I would know better than to talk to anyone outside of my attorney... But their choice they were free to sit and talk about the weather while they contemplated their navels....

I hope Christopher's family is doing OK (as OK as possible under these circumstances.) They are in my prayers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back