State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is clear this judge does absolutely no critical thinking in making any rulings. The fact that he even mentioned the WS post relying solely on the State's assertion that it was JW is mindboggling. For crying out loud, I could have registered as JW and made the post he made.

...or someone from the State could have made that posting, for that matter. (I am NOT suggesting that's what happened here. I think JW probably did post that and that it was an absolutely BONEHEADED thing to do.) I'm just saying it should be verified that JW indeed made the posting if it was considered in Gessner's ruling.

This could go on forever.

Yah, its a slow spiral to the case testimony but its pretty solid insulation for his credentials.

I am starting to wonder if this witness actually found data on the "wiped" NC phone among other things...

Tender for expert witness wireless telephony/wireless forensics

Sorry for the repost... does anyone know?

I think that's for an offer of proof, and will have no bearing on the trial. But yes. They can possibly do their offer of proof Thursday or Friday afternoon, since the jury has requested a half day.

It is clear this judge does absolutely no critical thinking in making any rulings. The fact that he even mentioned the WS post relying solely on the State's assertion that it was JW is mindboggling. For crying out loud, I could have registered as JW and made the post he made.

They said they could round up JW and bring him in. I think they should have - to be honest with you. But the fact remained the witness also testified from the stand that he was not a forensic expert.

Sumpin bout this guy I don't like. But seems he is very knowledgeable and an expert. Why the finger tapping, rolling eyes at the state and looking at the jurors while the decision is being made.

witness: SIM card was totally wiped.

-stop testimony

morning recess break.

Sumpin bout this guy I don't like. But seems he is very knowledgeable and an expert. Why the finger tapping, rolling eyes at the state and looking at the jurors while the decision is being made.

Seems like he can't wait to say whatever it is he's there to talk about re: the case.

LOL, I feel like i'm listening to my husband when he discusses work. He goes on and on and on about this stuff. I tune out for 75% of it.

I'm kicking myself for tuning the hubby out on this stuff - it sure would come in useful right now had I been paying attention to everything! I think this testimony is about to get really interesting.

What happened? Why did that break come so quickly and it appeared to be called by 'Kurtz'?

This witness testified that the sim card can be moved from phone to phone, and if you receive a call on the new phone, it will ring. The phone is nothing more than a radio transmitter and reciever, and the sim card is what determines the capability of the phone.

JW testified in this trial that he did not claim to be a forensic expert.

...or someone from the State could have made that posting, for that matter. (I am NOT suggesting that's what happened here. I think JW probably did post that and that it was an absolutely BONEHEADED thing to do.) I'm just saying it should be verified that JW indeed made the posting if it was considered in Gessner's ruling.

BZ offered to 'go get' JW for testimony about the WS posting but the judge sort of let it slide past.

What happened? Why did that break come so quickly and it appeared to be called by 'Kurtz'?

Mr. L. didnt even take the stand until almost 1025 and then next 20 minutes was the airing of his CV and expertise, and Boz did not cross and was accepted as an expert..then testimony started and SIM card declared wiped out completely......something I dont think is new info..but it is time for morning recess anyway..back at 1115 AM..

I'm kicking myself for tuning the hubby out on this stuff - it sure would come in useful right now had I been paying attention to everything! I think this testimony is about to get really interesting.

You admitting that you tune out the hubby is exactly what gets me into extended 'time outs' with my wife...:lol:

Just texted the hubby to ask how hard it is to accidentally wipe out a blackberry - to the point that no information whatsoever can be retreived, even by the experts. Eagerly awaiting his response...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam