The case for murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
The makeup remover and woman's clothes in the guest house suggests a woman was clearly planning to spend the night. This was not the first time. Who brings makeup remover on a one night stand? .

Or, it could just mean that one of the teenage girls who recently packed up and left didn't do a good job of cleaning up after herself. If AS had this master minded plan for cleaning up and covering this murder, you think he'd have the forethought to get rid of his lady friend's clothes & makeup evidence.

I don't think Jonah really believed Rebecca did anything on purpose to Max. In my mind, that doesn't change any anger or self-protection or end the madness reaction. I'm not ruling others out either as suspects.

Apparently an investigation had been launched into Max's condition as a doctor at first thought Max had been asphyxiated. As RZ had been the only adult home she was their prime suspect.

Try to imagine how you would feel if someone in authority at the hospital bans your girlfriend from the hospital and accuses her of smothering your child? AND you are being told your child is brain dead and to begin to accept his death?

JS has a history of domestic abuse accusations from the ex-wife. I can see him going off on her.

Apparently it was only after the child's autoposy that they determined he had not been axphyxiated and RZ was cleared but she was already dead!

The only thing I can't explain (so far) is the prints near the railing.[/QUOTE]

Good point..

They could be staged.. JS & AS putting fingerprints with her dead body where they feel needed.

Or is does she come to all tied up as they are about to toss her off and her fingers manage to touch the rail for a moment?

shudder...

Or, it could just mean that one of the teenage girls who recently packed up and left didn't do a good job of cleaning up after herself. If AS had this master minded plan for cleaning up and covering this murder, you think he'd have the forethought to get rid of his lady friend's clothes & makeup evidence.

He is busy re-staging a murder? Doesn't realize she left them.
With this theory I doubt he slept that night.

I wonder if JS & AS cut her down before JS went back to the hospital. AS had to wait it out until JS was back at the hospital before he calls 911. Was his saliva on her mouth did he really try to revive her?

ewwwwwwwwww so creepy

and where is the rest of the rope? where did it go why not leave it there or did it accidentally get blood on it so they had to get rid of it.. and the red stains WHAT were they did they assume her blood and not even test?

so many questions too few answers :great:

I wonder if JS or AS had any marks on them? Did anyone notice any marks on JS if he struggled with RZ the defensive wounds? Was DS the next person to see him at the hospital that morning. When did LE see him? How much time went by before they actually saw JS in person? No wonder he did not go back to the house. I would assume he had lawyers handling everything.

I found it so odd that LE had to get a search warrant!!!! AS or JS did not let them in? I wouldn't even hesitate go right in.... because I have nothing to hide. What did JS have to hide?

I really want to know exactly what JS said to DS about RZ death on the phone that morning and exactly what he looked like when she saw him at the hospital.

The only thing I can't explain (so far) is the prints near the railing.

Good point..

They could be staged.. JS & AS putting fingerprints with her dead body where they feel needed.

Or is does she come to all tied up as they are about to toss her off and her fingers manage to touch the rail for a moment?

shudder...
Yes, easily staged I think. Especially since new shoeprint was found, she could easily have been carried out there. Also, it could be another woman/girl's print either put there on purpose or not.

They could have thrown her over and the rope was too long or accidentally dropped her and her legs hit the table below ... perhaps they were going to make it look like she stood on the table but that didn't work out. Just trying to explain the broken table leg (because how did Adam use it if the leg was already broken) and I' not sure we have any accurate enough account of the rope length.

Plus, did anyone ever figure out why her body was in that position with her arms and legs behind her? Still seems like rigor kept them that way or some other explanation. It just ain't right for a body that was hanging, cut down, then carried and laid to look like that to me.

I still think the female stuff in the guesthouse belonged to GS and that would go with the theory she left in a hurry or just regularly used that room. She looks like a very mature 14 and maybe dad thought this was ok?

From the Forbes link, interesting

I also write because Mr. Shacknai’s PR firm – Sitrick and Company - took the trouble to view my profile on LinkedIn after I posted Cathy Scott’s first article on the Zahau death. I didn’t like that, particularly because they weren’t simply looking for contact information, not having bothered to contact me.

It felt creepy. I don’t expect anything like it to ever happen again.

Interesting article:

For example, San Diego County’s law enforcement agencies contributed to the rising data point by reporting to the state that they cleared 100 percent of murders [PDF]. But that does not mean that police made arrests in every homicide in 2009.

Instead, the San Diego Police Department’s numbers show a 117 percent homicide clearance rate, which is literally impossible. The rate almost certainly counts arrests made in killings from previous years.

Meanwhile, the Escondido Police Department closed only one of its four murders that year.

http://californiawatch.org/dailyreport/homicide-clearance-rate-offers-more-questions-answers-9037

Women in Crime link

Expert pathologists have confirmed that Rebecca died while on her back – not from or while hanging. Lividity was fixed in her back, not in her legs or feet. Renowned pathologist Dr Cyril Wecht has reviewed the autopsy report and has concluded this is not a suicide and that she had blunt force trauma in four places on the top of her head, inconsistent with the fall and consistent with blows that could have rendered Rebecca unconscious.

Oh, my... this is news to me, but maybe others already saw this.

Interesting article:

For example, San Diego County’s law enforcement agencies contributed to the rising data point by reporting to the state that they cleared 100 percent of murders [PDF]. But that does not mean that police made arrests in every homicide in 2009.

Instead, the San Diego Police Department’s numbers show a 117 percent homicide clearance rate, which is literally impossible. The rate almost certainly counts arrests made in killings from previous years.

Meanwhile, the Escondido Police Department closed only one of its four murders that year.

http://californiawatch.org/dailyreport/homicide-clearance-rate-offers-more-questions-answers-9037

This goes right along with my fears of claiming really high convictions rates. There's a point at which the public HAS to think it's suspicious, but claiming more than 100%??? :crazy:

From the Forbes link, interesting

Another that speaks volumes ..

I do not write about the Zahau family’s request for the criminal investigation to be reopened because I have an opinion about the outcome. I write about it because questions have been raised and remain unanswered. Because the law should not, cannot distinguish between the investigation of a suspicious death from the balcony of a millionaire’s mansion and one from the fire-escape of a housing project. It should not, cannot distinguish between a suspect who is the CEO of a Fortune 500 company and one who is a barista at Starbucks.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/shenego...y-mystery-murder-in-spreckels-mansion-case/2/

..from the 1st article:

anne bremner: "Written on a door in paint was the phrase “She save him, can you save her.” But the autopsy cites the language as “She saved him, can you save her. “

..if that's the case, why would the ME not have that correct in his final AR?

..from the 1st article:

anne bremner: "Written on a door in paint was the phrase “She save him, can you save her.” But the autopsy cites the language as “She saved him, can you save her. “

..if that's the case, why would the ME not have that correct in his final AR?

That's a third version of the message. RN's sister was insisting the message was "She saved him can he save her."

That's a third version of the message. RN's sister was insisting the message was "She saved him can he save her."
..i know. i have no idea why LE won't just put a pic of the message on the door on the sherrif's site with the other pictures etc.

..we're well aware of the message, what's the big deal in posting a pic?

If the rope was 75' or 60', then how much was left over after the 'project'? If x=the length for the feet, and y=the length for the hands, and z=the length for the noose, then x+y+z= either 75' or 60'. And if the total is less than 60' or more than 60' but less than 75', then where is the leftover piece? It is unlikely that Rebecca would have cut it all up and then left the property to dispose of the leftover bit. If it's not on the floor of the balcony room, where is it? Gotta be somewhere on the premises.

The SDSO did not tell us the exact lengths of all the bits, nor where any other lengths of rope might have been found, and I believe that this omission was deliberate.

And where are the tiny, ravelled bits of rope that would be near where the rope was cut, on that light gray carpet, or on the backyard table, or on the concrete walk, or in the grass of the lawn. Are those bits missing also, or was the rope cut elsewhere, or was the guest room vacuumed?

If the rope was 75' or 60', then how much was left over after the 'project'? If x=the length for the feet, and y=the length for the hands, and z=the length for the noose, then x+y+z= either 75' or 60'. And if the total is less than 60' or more than 60' but less than 75', then where is the leftover piece? It is unlikely that Rebecca would have cut it all up and then left the property to dispose of the leftover bit. If it's not on the floor of the balcony room, where is it? Gotta be somewhere on the premises.

The SDSO did not tell us the exact lengths of all the bits, nor where any other lengths of rope might have been found, and I believe that this omission was deliberate.

And where are the tiny, ravelled bits of rope that would be near where the rope was cut, on that light gray carpet, or on the backyard table, or on the concrete walk, or in the grass of the lawn. Are those bits missing also, or was the rope cut elsewhere, or was the guest room vacuumed?

I like how SD Sheriff's invoked the "Science doesn't lie" meme, yet any average middle school student could come up with more that should have been investigated.

I would take your questions a bit further. Did the cut/frayed end of the rope over the balcony match the other end hanging down? If not, then that would suggest the stories don't match, the rope was longer, etc. If I were teaching middle school students to 'investigate' a mock up version of this, I'm afraid they would not receive passing grades for the same performance we got from LE.

I like how SD Sheriff's invoked the "Science doesn't lie" meme, yet any average middle school student could come up with more that should have been investigated.

I would take your questions a bit further. Did the cut/frayed end of the rope over the balcony match the other end hanging down? If not, then that would suggest the stories don't match, the rope was longer, etc. If I were teaching middle school students to 'investigate' a mock up version of this, I'm afraid they would not receive passing grades for the same performance we got from LE.

Yes, Sheriff Science D. Lie was just a bit too clever- wouldn't tell the public what facts he based his science on. And he gave the press no long time to peruse the 'handouts' and formulate questions. We're still coming up with questions here 3 weeks later after studying what little information was provided. It may be that the 'case' is never actually reopened, but perhaps a sufficient public outcry via MSM and the internet will induce LE to at least give us all the facts they've collected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.