TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad to hear these girls were recovered alive.

I really had doubts it would end this way. So glad to be wrong. Hopefuly the charges stick in AM mothers and ex wife case as they helped make all of AM's actions possible. I would hate to hear they got out of Jail after some crazy short sentence.

I hope LE will finish the investigation without releasing any more details in regards to the girls. I personally do not want to know anymore, he is dead period. These girls have a difficult road to walk now. As with so many we see and IMO these babies were failed by the very adults that should have protected them.

I agree that the public doesn't need to know the details, OkGrace. But I don't think the girls were failed by the adults that should have protected them!

It sounds as if JB fought to the death to protect them. And we don't know that JB and GB knew that AM was claiming that the 2 youngest girls were his biological daughters. We only know that AM said that to his family and acquaintances.

And JB's best friend said yesterday there is no way the girls are his biological daughters and that JB did not have an intimate relationship with AM. TM's mother just said on the Today Show that she doesn't think the girls are his daughters.

According to this article in the Jackson Sun, Mayes said it was his sister who reported him.

The Madison County (Miss.) Sheriff's Office received a referral from the Tennessee Department of Childrens Services on Feb. 23, 2010. Prior to any visit to Mayes's house, the Sheriff's Office contacted several agencies to see if there had been prior allegations of child *advertiser censored*. They didn't find any.

Deputies went to his house on March 3, 2010. Mayes wasn't home but TM let them walk through. She told deputies their computer did not have Internet access. The deputies did not see any evidence of child *advertiser censored* in the house or camper.

On March 19, KB went to a child advocacy center for a forensic interview.

Deputies did a 30-day mail check and he did not receive child *advertiser censored* in the mail during that time. The mail check was completed on April 20, 2010. Deputies tried to "entice" him to subscribe to a fake child *advertiser censored* mailing but he did not.

The deputies spoke with AM on April 20, 2010. He said the allegations were made by his sister because he had kicked her out of the house a few months before.

The investigation concluded that the allegations were unfounded.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20120511/NEWS01/305110007

I hadn't realised that AM's sister had been living with him as recently as that.

Clearly AM thought it was his sister but there's no indication as to who it really was.

It looks like the investigation was thorough; including the mail check and attempted sting.

If AM told the Bains it was his sister, there's the answer as to why they continued to allow him to maintain the relationships with their daughters.

BBM

I don't know if the bolded was a real question or a rhetorical one, so I'm treating it as a real question.

Who will they trust? My hope for them is that they will grow into mature women who are strong, capable and resilient, who can trust themselves first and foremost. Who will know to the core of their beings that they are strong enough to cope with whatever challenges life throws at them.

If they grow into that maturity, then trusting others is not a huge problem because no matter what happens, they will know they can get through it.

Trusting someone does not equal being willing to be that person's victim; it means that you trust yourself to handle whatever might happen if you decide to let that person into your life and heart.

I'm not saying it is something that comes easily or quickly but it's a lesson that every healthy adult has to learn.

They have each other!

So after his mom and wife were locked up, he had no where else to go except into the woods? I can't even fathom what he was thinking. Was his plan to live with these two children in his mother's home for the rest of their lives? Was there a plan at all? It's so senseless. The whole thing is tragic and senseless.

Thank you, Hope. I was reading through all the comments about let him die, rot in hell, hope he lives and suffers and it upset me. I counted over 14 posts like that. Seriously, is an eye for an eye the best policy? I really don't think that was how our constitutional rights were established. Is it possible to get a fair trial...or does the general public decide your fate. Is it so easy for us to focus on the highs and lows the sensational media want us to and not see that there is no justice in a case like this, ever.

Mainly, because, I think in some ways AM was a victim to pressure, society, delusion or what not as well. And the fact he DID NOT kill these children shows in some way he was attached and bonded to them. What ever his trip, in his death, the opportunity is lost for LE, researchers, psychologists and the courts to learn what mental issues, pressure, etc can do prevent further incidents like this.

I honestly think that the deaths of JB and AB may have been an accident...they strangled from being tied up in a car wrong during the kidnapping...Who knows, but, AM being dead doesn't bring me any joy or triumph or any sense of closure or pleasure.

You are spot on.

This was clearly an abduction (of his biological children in his mind) gone bad.

He really had no plan after the murders (which were NOT planned). Taking the bodies back to his home and burying them with full knowledge of his (ex?)-wife and mother pretty much sealed his fate.

He never left the area and was dead within 24 hours of being elevated to the FBI's 10 most wanted.

The ongoing investigation will focus on accomplices and I don't expect to see evidence that the two children were mistreated or abused.

I believe JB and AB died trying to protect AB and KB. I'm not sure anyone could have known what AM was capable of or that he would have done such a thing. AM was a manipulator and maybe in his mind they were his daughters. That is yet to be determined but I believe it was more he "wanted" them to be his daughters.

It could be that he talked and spread the rumors that the girls were his, through his family and through the area. People are very quick to believe the worst.

I hope and pray this will be laid to rest and these girls will never have to be associated with him or his family in any way. moo

Now that AM is dead, I think the defense will walk away with this case and both Mayes women will get off or be given very light sentences. jmo

I hadn't realised that AM's sister had been living with him as recently as that.

Clearly AM thought it was his sister but there's no indication as to who it really was.

It looks like the investigation was thorough; including the mail check and attempted sting.

If AM told the Bains it was his sister, there's the answer as to why they continued to allow him to maintain the relationships with their daughters.

So after his mom and wife were locked up, he had no where else to go except into the woods? I can't even fathom what he was thinking. Was his plan to live with these two children in his mother's home for the rest of their lives? Was there a plan at all? It's so senseless. The whole thing is tragic and senseless.

I dont think there was a plan at all he was there waiting for them to come find him! He did not travel far!
He planned to kill himself as i see it.
It was just a matter of when!

The murders of JB and AB might not have been planned but they were in NO WAY AN ACCIDENT. JB was murdered in the garage of her home. According to LE she was strangled and according to JB's mother (please correct me if I'm wrong) they were beaten. How is that an accident?

I don't know who made the allegations, what caused them or why the Bains didn't seem to be affected by them.

All I know is that AM was investigated, KB was interviewed and AM was never charged.

I'm guessing that KB denied that anything of the sort happened. She was 7 years old at the time, so it wasn't like trying to interview a barely verbal toddler.

Ok this part really bothers me and hits too close to home.
Sorry I only quoted a little bit but I have to say this and admit this.
My cousin accused my step dad (her uncle) of abuse when she was only 11 years old.
The police came to my house as part if their investigation and interviewed me after.
They said what my cousin was accusing him of and asked if he ever did anything to me after all those years living with him.
I totally denied it then. I lied to the police.
I was sick and scared and in denial even though the truth was I had been abused for like 6 years by him as a teenager.
And you know what?
I was an adult then. 20 years old, married, on bed rest with my first baby on the way.
I still lied.
I felt some warped sense of loyalty to him and wasn't ready for everything to come out yet. I thought it would destroy my mom.
I stayed quiet then and the charges were dropped.
My poor cousin who was only an 11 year old kid did something that I couldn't even handle as an adult!
I will always live with the guilt that inlet him get to her. I swear u didn't know it was going on when it was with her and by then it was over, but she lost so much after that. One being the whole side of the family cuz no one believed her.
He even convinced me as an adult that she was lying.
For those of you who have heard my story, it took until last year (I'm 35 now!) for us to get him convicted and finally in jail.
Thank God she forgave me for not telling the truth back then.

Sorry my whole point is, can I believe as a 7 year old that poor baby could have been scared to death of hurting her family or even her"molester" if she told the truth?
She probably and most likely loved Adam too. After all, her whole family did.
I dunno....just saying.....
I wouldn't expect a 7 year old to always be ready to accuse her "molestir" if this story was true . :(
Sorry for being so long winded and sorry for any typos but I'm so tired my eyes are blurry and I'm typing from my iPhone!!

The murders of JB and AB might not have been planned but they were in NO WAY AN ACCIDENT. JB was murdered in the garage of her home. According to LE she was strangled and according to JB's mother (please correct me if I'm wrong) they were beaten. How is that an accident?

The deaths were clearly murders, which put AM in the FBI's 10 Most Wanted and he was a dead man walking (for 24 hours).

I believe JB and AB died trying to protect AB and KB. I'm not sure anyone could have known what AM was capable of or that he would have done such a thing. AM was a manipulator and maybe in his mind they were his daughters. That is yet to be determined but I believe it was more he "wanted" them to be his daughters.

It could be that he talked and spread the rumors that the girls were his, through his family and through the area. People are very quick to believe the worst.

I hope and pray this will be laid to rest and these girls will never have to be associated with him or his family in any way. moo

Now that AM is dead, I think the defense will walk away with this case and both Mayes women will get off or be given very light sentences. jmo

I think JB and Ab were killed because he only wanted the 2 younger ones
they were in the way!

I do not think the children knew their mom and sister were dead!

Just watched Josie Tate (TM's mom) on Today and IMHO she comes off as sincere.

I feel awful for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Madison (Miss.) deputies got the referral on Feb. 23, checked with other agencies, and didn't actually go to AM's house until March 3. So AM would have had time to get rid of a stash of child *advertiser censored* under the bed.

Whether it was AM's sister ot TM who walked in on him, he had plenty of time to get rid of the stash of child *advertiser censored* alleged in the referral.

AM wasn't interviewed until April 20. If he had kicked his sister out a few months before, perhaps the incident that led to the child *advertiser censored* allegations is what precipitated it.

The mail check and sting attempt seems to have occurred after deputies went to AM's house on March 3. So he would have been on notice that he was being investigated. It's not surprising that he wouldn't have responded to the enticement.

As far as KB's forensic interview, she likely described the specifics the person who reported alleged but it would not have had sexual significance to a 7-year-old.

The deaths were clearly murders, which put AM in the FBI's 10 Most Wanted and he was a dead man walking (for 24 hours).

That is exactly what I said. I was responding to two prior posters who said the murders were accidents.

Ok this part really bothers me and hits too close to home.
Sorry I only quoted a little bit but I have to say this and admit this.
My cousin accused my step dad (her uncle) of abuse when she was only 11 years old.
The police came to my house as part if their investigation and interviewed me after.
They said what my cousin was accusing him of and asked if he ever did anything to me after all those years living with him.
I totally denied it then. I lied to the police.
I was sick and scared and in denial even though the truth was I had been abused for like 6 years by him as a teenager.
And you know what?
I was an adult then. 20 years old, married, on bed rest with my first baby on the way.
I still lied.
I felt some warped sense of loyalty to him and wasn't ready for everything to come out yet. I thought it would destroy my mom.
I stayed quiet then and the charges were dropped.
My poor cousin who was only an 11 year old kid did something that I couldn't even handle as an adult!
I will always live with the guilt that inlet him get to her. I swear u didn't know it was going on when it was with her and by then it was over, but she lost so much after that. One being the whole side of the family cuz no one believed her.
He even convinced me as an adult that she was lying.
For those of you who have heard my story, it took until last year (I'm 35 now!) for us to get him convicted and finally in jail.
Thank God she forgave me for not telling the truth back then.

Sorry my whole point is, can I believe as a 7 year old that poor baby could have been scared to death of hurting her family or even her"molester" if she told the truth?
She probably and most likely loved Adam too. After all, her whole family did.
I dunno....just saying.....
I wouldn't expect a 7 year old to always be ready to accuse her "molestir" if this story was true . :(
Sorry for being so long winded and sorry for any typos but I'm so tired my eyes are blurry and I'm typing from my iPhone!!

I'm so sorry you went through that.

If you read the article that Bodhi posted, the investigation didn't just consist of police officers questioning KB. She went to the Carl Perkins Child Advocacy Center; I'm assuming they have experts there in questioning children.

But the investigation didn't end there, either. LE ran a 30 day mail check to see if AM had been receiving child *advertiser censored* mags, which came up negative. They conducted a sting operation to try to entice him into subscribing to a fake child *advertiser censored* magazine.

And finally, they did a search of his property (home and camper trailer) to see if they could find any child *advertiser censored* magazines.

So unlike what you went through, the investigation did not hinge solely on KB's word. LE really put in the time and resources into the investigation to validate or rule out the allegations.

So thankful those girls are safe...:rose:

greatful the took his own life, it saved the taxpayers the money to execute this ...

Now his exwife and MIL will take the heat and do HIS time as well..JMHO

I think JB and Ab were killed because he only wanted the 2 younger ones
they were in the way!

I do not think the children knew their mom and sister were dead!

You're right! AM didn't want JB or AB. I hope the girls didn't witness their mother and sister being murdered. Those poor little girls have been through so much.

My prayers go out for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member